Author Topic: Happy Birthday Kd5000!  (Read 7950 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Re: Happy Birthday Kd5000!
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2006, 04:39:21 pm »
I love Charlie for a Boy! So cute and am I right buy guessing that the Jacob part is inspired by Jake....Or is that just wishful thinking on my part.

Wow this is so cool our first Bettermost baby. I guess your time will be cut down a bit by the new baby. But the best part is when he is older you cant say, "I got a boy. 8 months old. Smiles alot."

Best of luck to you and your wife for tomorrow. *desperatley serches through the files she saved to find the thing that heath said about giving birth* I will find it in a minute. I promise.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 04:44:21 pm »
Yep Jacob was inspired by Jake.....LOL

I'm gonna post pics ASAP as well as keep everyone updated tomorrow.....my time will be cut down a little but no too much.....I talk to you guys while I'm at work most of the time anyway....

Thanks...hopefully everything goes good....*crosses fingers*

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 04:59:01 pm »
I found the article on what Heath said about being a father:
"I've been looking forward to this all my life! It's definitely exciting, a lot more beautiful than any role I've had and it is definitely my greatest achievement. I now feel conected to something alot bigger and ther's something cosmic about it."

And then he talks about how he was in the labour room:
"We're so bloody hopeless. You come out just realising just how stupid and weak men are. I might aswel not have been there; we're that useless. It's such an intimidating process witnessing how beautifully innate this primal strength that women have is; it just exceeds anything that is within a man. You just feel like leaving and going to the gym and starting a war; it kind of explains our society, over-compensating for this lack of strength that women have."

Right on Heath! I hope this hasn't made you even more nervous, I just love those quotes from him and I thought it was relevant.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 06:18:50 pm »
Ah look, I put my birthday in my profile and there it is on the calendar! Thanks Chris!

Could someone with the magic moderator wand delete the 'event' on Sept. 18? Thanks!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 06:20:12 pm »
Could someone with the magic moderator wand delete the 'event' on Sept. 18? Thanks!

Done!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2006, 01:53:00 pm »
Thanks to all the fine foks at BBM who wished me a happy B-day.  It was very thoughtful.

Rgds,

KARL   

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2006, 06:48:42 pm »
Happy Birthday Karl.  Hope the day was great.

Ditto Court's request for the "event" October 5.  Although each progressive birthday of mine becomes more significant, I would regard it more of a feat than an event!
~A good general knows when to retreat~