Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 35369 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Welcome
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 04:45:50 am »
Bruce, this is the first I've had a chance to look at the list of threads you've got over here, and it's really exciting.  I feel immensely reassured to know that so many beautiful, heartfelt, friendly, intellectual, funny, inspiring, saucy, affectionate things written about Brokeback Mountain are safely tucked away here at BetterMost, ready not only for reading but for further comment.   8)

Thank you so much, Friend!  :-*

As of today, are now exclusively available to Bettermostians.  IMDb has wiped my account as True Oracle of Phoenix.  Was this the work of trolls or admins?  I don't know...
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 04:52:57 am »
IMDB's loss is our gain.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 05:31:29 am »
Sadly, tonight I discovered my account as "True Oracle of Phoenix" at IMDb has been wiped.  Was this the work of trolls, or the IMDb admins?  Who knows...  All my reposts there are gone...   :(

Many of the threads saved in this forum are now exclusive to Bettermost.   :laugh:

TOoP / Bruce

« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 10:24:25 am by TOoP/Bruce »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
It sucks, don't it?
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 09:44:29 am »
Sadly, tonight I discovered my account as "True Oracle of Phoenix" at IMDb has been wiped.  Was this the work of trolls, or the IMDb admins?  Who knows...  All my reposts there are gone...   :(

Many of the threads saved in this forum are now excluse to Bettermost.   :laugh:

TOoP / Bruce

It's the weirdest feeling, to suddenly disappear from the fold. I'm bummed because I lost all of my posts to the 'Candy' message board. I'd written many things about my friends that died as a result of drug abuse and I never bothered to save the posts.

True, you'll always have a home here (I think...).
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline opinionista

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 10:06:14 am »

Many of the threads saved in this forum are now excluse to Bettermost.   :laugh:

TOoP / Bruce

These are the reasons given by IMDb as to why posts keep disappearing. In case you haven't read it.

Why was my message boards post deleted/moved?
Posts in our message boards can be deleted/moved for a variety of reasons. First of all, before assuming your post has been deleted, you should check your post history (on your user profile page). Sometimes posts are moved by an administrator to a different board from the one they were posted on (usually because they were off-topic and/or better suited to a different forum).
If you are certain that the post has been deleted and you didn't do it, then there are two possible reasons: the message has been removed by a moderator or it has expired. Our boards are not designed to store messages indefinitely: after a certain amount of time older threads are removed from the board automatically. This process is called "expiry".

The rate of expiry is adjusted dynamically according to the posting traffic for each board. Threads are removed sooner from a board that attracts a lot of posts than they would be from a board with less activity.

Please keep in mind that the boards system is not meant to be an archival medium, and all posts are subject to expire and disappear sooner or later. This is intended to allow us to manage the resources consumed by each board effectively, and also to promote the ever changing flow of discussion.

Posts can also be deleted by an administrator if they have generated complaints from other users (through the Report Abuse feature) and have been deemed inappropriate. Please note that when an administrator removes a post that was the head of a thread, every other post in that thread is removed at that same time.

In cases of cumulative, serial or blatant abuse of the system, administrators may exercise the option of removing entire post histories from the system. If this has happened to you, its a definite sign that you are doing something inappropriate that has attracted multiple complaints.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 01:11:03 pm »

TOoP / Bruce

Your username proved to be well-chosen, Bruce.  You foresaw a change in the Force and made the leap in good time.  I'm sorry your presence as TOoP is only a memory over there now, though.  :'(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 02:30:11 pm »
Was this the work of trolls or admins?  I don't know...

Though what's the difference, really, when you come right down to it? The admins enable the trolls; the trolls activate the admins.

Sorry about what happened, Bruce.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 04:05:48 pm »
Your username proved to be well-chosen, Bruce.  You foresaw a change in the Force and made the leap in good time.  I'm sorry your presence as TOoP is only a memory over there now, though.  :'(

Well, I did foresee it coming...

Part of me is sad that IMDb is finished for me, but I must say that I am absolutely thrilled to take refuge here with so many of my friends and associates. 

And, yes, like the Phoenix, I am here and now from ashes reborn.

One of my last posts on the other board contained these phrases:

"So dry your eyes
if this board dies,
for we'll not be defeated.

There is a B E T T E R way
my friends,
than always
"bump-deleted."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 04:09:30 pm »
"So dry your eyes
if this board dies,
for we'll not be defeated.

There is a B E T T E R way
my friends,
than always
"bump-deleted."

That's great--I love it, TOoP!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 10:19:01 am »

Don't get me wrong, I love it here, I feel so comfortable and happy and safe, but I just feel a little sad about losing my first Brokeback home.

I understand, Susie, it was my first Brokie home too.

:(