Author Topic: OT: Peter Sarsgaard on living with Jake!  (Read 11024 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: OT: Peter Sarsgaard on living with Jake!
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 03:30:43 pm »
Most of my BBM theatre experiences were similar to the director's commentary Kinsey experience.  All except for the first time I saw it I had people either groan/comment or walk out.

Really?  Wow.  Didn't they know what they were buying tickets to?  How strange. 

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006, 07:38:38 pm »
Most of my BBM theatre experiences were similar to the director's commentary Kinsey experience.  All except for the first time I saw it I had people either groan/comment or walk out.

Yep.  Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Even so, it never ceases to amaze me that people went to see Brokeback only to be shocked by the love scenes.  I mean, how ignorant can you be?  And on a number of levels...
No more beans!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006, 08:35:18 pm »

Yeah, you would think so... the first few times I saw it when it was early in its run I kept telling myself maybe they didn't know what it was, but by the end when it was getting all the awards and oscar hype you would've had to have been living under a rock not to know.  And no matter how many times it happened it surprised me...

It's strange though, even with all that going on, I miss seeing it in the theatre, it's just not the same on DVD...  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 11:58:11 am »
HOw odd. I live in the AMerican Deep SOuth and I never heard or moan or groan. I saw it five times.  Guess I was lucky. ANd were suppose to be so right wing and uptight about homosexuality. Well at least were well mannered movie patrons in comparisons with other parts of the world, I gather.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 12:20:17 pm »
Yeah I'm in the midwest, but St. Louis (especially when compared to the rest of Missouri) is a fairly liberal city... so I really was surprised.  The only time I didn't have trouble was the first time I saw it because I saw it in a little art house theatre before it got a wide release... I really have no explaination for why it happened, maybe just my own bad luck, or maybe the time of day I saw it (almost always in the afternoon) just brought in the bad crowds? And what's really strange about it is, almost without fail, the people who got up and left or who made comments the whole way through were older people.  I'd expect it from teenagers, but you'd think older people would have a little more respect.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 02:09:40 pm »
going back to the Peter interview...he holed up with Jake in a hotel in Mexico?
Hmmmmmm....... "I know what they have in Mexico for boys like you!!" :P

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 02:16:22 pm »
I bought Kinsey, and I'm watching it tonight!!!  ;)