Author Topic: Jack's Truck -- by Shasta254  (Read 2105 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Jack's Truck -- by Shasta254
« on: June 16, 2007, 06:35:26 pm »
Jack's Truck (REPOSTed by OafPlinker)   13 hours ago (Sat Jun 16 2007 01:48:14 )
=================================================================
Jack's Truck
by Shasta254 (Mon Nov 20 2006 19:27:23 )

OK--someone mechanical-minded. When Jack pulls up in the truck at Aquirre's office at the beginning of the movie, what makes the tire do that little spin after the truck stops. I am sure I have never seen an auto do that before. I have seen them spin out when gas is applied, but it seems like the truck is turned off before the tire spins. Also does he just kick it because it has been giving him some trouble on the drive there? I have wondered about that truck each time I watch.

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

Re: Jack's Truck
by balrog_ressurected_again (Mon Nov 20 2006 22:43:39 )

This is a manual transmission truck with a clutch. He is holding the truck still with the foot brake and releases the truck's clutch while it is still in gear.

The left rear tire is on a firm bit of dirt and the rear differential is giving all the power to the right rear. Probably the right rear is on a slightly sandy bit of dirt . Same thing kinda happens when you are in snow.

My old Toyota would never stop running when I turned off the key, it dieseled mercilously. I always had to stall the engine with the clutch just like that.

Begone trolls...

by Shasta254 (Wed Nov 22 2006 18:14:37 )

OK--thank you, Balrog--I learned to drive in my granddaddy's manual transmission truck (I think it was a 53--I know it was a blue Chevy) and thinking back that FAR--I can see how that could happen. :)

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

by True_Oracle_of_Phoenix (Mon Jan 15 2007 06:53:22 )

bump

The correct answer to the wrong question is meant to lead astray.

by jackie-77 (Wed Dec 6 2006 10:26:23 )

one more interesting tidbit
thanks

Jackie

[11 Posts deleted by an administrator]

by RingerFanatic (Tue Jan 2 2007 22:53:47 )

bump

[4 Posts deleted by the poster]

by merr7242 (Fri Apr 20 2007 17:56:29 )

Shasta254 - glad you brought this up since I have wondered too. The question of why he kicks the truck when he gets out was not answered. Could it be because he realizes that he wasn't the first one there waiting for a job and therefore thought he wouldn't get a job?

[2 Posts deleted by an administrator]
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40