Author Topic: Jake's Response to Cliff Jumping Scene -- by webqueen259  (Read 9238 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Jake's Response to Cliff Jumping Scene -- by webqueen259
« on: June 18, 2007, 01:11:38 pm »
REPOST
================================================================
Jake's response to Cliff Jumping Scene   
by - webqueen259 19 minutes ago (Wed May 31 2006 11:08:49 )

Don't know if someone already put this up on IMDB so if it's a repeat I apologize now. Found this snippet from an article in Quantas Magazine on iheartjake.com. Thought it was pretty funny.

On not taking a dive

OK, I'll tell you. It was only Heath in the scene of us jumping naked off a cliff into the river. I used a stunt double. It had nothing to do with me being naked or not because I'm sure you see me naked and in pretty vulnerable positions throughout the movie. But if you look at the shot, there's a cliff that's a little lower and then there's a higher cliff. Heath was like, "Let's go off the top one" and I was OK with that. We got up there and the stunt guy was like, "Make sure you curl your legs, it's only 10 feet [about 3 metres] deep." It was the day before I had found out I had gotten Jarhead and I would not have been able to continue on to what turned out to be one of the most extraordinary experiences of my life with Sam Mendes if I had broken my leg jumping off a cliff for a wide shot in Brokeback Mountain. That was my justification. [Laughs] Also I'm a pussy.

Re: Jake's response to Cliff Jumping Scene (REPOST)   
  by balrog_ressurected_again   (Fri Mar 2 2007 13:14:52 )   

Finally an answer to that question. The rumors were:

- he was afraid of heights (one which I helped spread).
- his contract prohibited him from taking risks that could injure him.
- he was off somewhere else at the time.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't blame Jake either, I'd sure be afraid to jump off from that height too.

Begone trolls...

Re: Jake's response to Cliff Jumping Scene (REPOST)   
  by Shasta254   (Thu Mar 15 2007 05:50:54 )

UPDATED Thu Mar 15 2007 05:52:12
Today is the first time I've read that. I love it! I think I wouldn't want to jump because the water looks VERY COLD!! It's so funny that he admits to being a "pussy" about jumping---how cute! 

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40