Author Topic: I am a dimwitted nincompoop. Are you?-- by ClancyPantsNasty  (Read 2311 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
REPOST
===============================================================

I am a dimwitted nincompoop. Are you?   
by ClancyPantsNasty (Thu Feb 8 2007 15:56:39 )   

UPDATED Fri Feb 9 2007 14:36:59
I am a dimwitted nincompoop. I freely admit it.

I have been brainwashed into believing this movie is a masterpiece. And you know who did the brainwashing? Brokeback Mountain itself. The place, the feeling, the experience… Annie, Ang, Larry & Diana, Heath, Jake, Michelle and Anne all brought it to life for me. It washed over me like a purple cloud crowding in from the west with the metal smell of coming snow pressing on me. Each time it visits me the mountain boils with demonic energy, glazed with flickering broken-cloud light; the wind combs the grass and draws from the damaged krummholz and slit rock a bestial drone. I know I'm among friends.

It’s taken many, many viewings of the film to truly understand it since it is so richly imbued and intricately woven. My appreciation continues to grow as I learn more and more. I love to interact with the people on this board since we all bring such diverse insight, never mimicking each other as we discuss its truly attained merit. It is a masterpiece of art.

Let’s continue to discuss the film, even with naysayers who may come along. They need to have the opportunity to understand it too.

But, of course, keep all pathetic little trolls on “ignore.” With each of their posts drawing no responses, they slip further and further into their dark little lives. They’ll soon be forgotten.

Re: I am a dimwitted nincompoop. Are you?   
by latjoreme (Thu Feb 8 2007 16:29:01 )   

UPDATED Thu Feb 8 2007 16:29:25
Let’s continue to discuss the film, even with naysayers who may come along. They need to have the opportunity to understand it too.

You know what I think, CPDM? (Well, yes, you probably do.) I think those of us who love the movie/story should just continue discussing its many interesting aspects and wonderful qualities, and let the naysayers lurk or contribute or even jump in and question or debate. Maybe a few of them will begin to suspect we might actually be onto something, and get inspired to go watch it (or watch it again) and see for themselves what all the "hype" is about.

I just think there's no better way to show what is great about the movie and story than to TALK ABOUT what's great about the movie and story. Of course, providing a demonstration for naysayers would not be the main reason to do this. The main reason would be that it's fun.

by Susiebell (Thu Feb 8 2007 17:14:15 )   

Dear Clancypants,

Yep! I'm a dimwitted nincompoop for all the same reasons!

You're a poet Clancy, you have a gift for saying everything that I'm feeling but can never find the right words to express myself.

I love reading your observations, I don't always respond because some of the things I try to say just come out sounding pretty lame. But I hope that we can all carry on discussing this wonderful film and not be put off by the endless "what the bible says" threads.

SuzieB

by montse91_4 (Thu Feb 8 2007 17:34:00 )   

what the hell is a dimwitted nincompoop?

What else should I be, all apologies.
Life goes on, but I'm gone, cause I die without you.

by JustMe2006 (Thu Feb 8 2007 17:47:54 )   

montse91_4 - what the hell is a dimwitted nincompoop?
The OP is just having a little fun with a childish troll who comes in here and says that anyone who likes Brokeback Mountain is a dimwitted nincompoop which is supposed to be a insult. The troll really needs to only look in the mirror to see a dimwitted nincompoop.

by montse91_4 (Thu Feb 8 2007 17:54:17 )   

oh ok, I thought it was a real word. Sorry, english is not my first lenguage.

by JustMe2006 (Thu Feb 8 2007 18:02:58 )   

montse91_4 - I thought it was a real word. Sorry, english is not my first lenguage.
They are real words.

Dimwit means a stupid or slow-thinking person.

Nincompoop means a fool or simpleton.

The troll is actually misusing dimwitted because it is an adjective and makes no sense when put before nincompoop.

by montse91_4 (Thu Feb 8 2007 18:10:27 )   

thank you! God, sometimes its really frustrating not to understand everything I read, you're very nice in explaining this to me. Most people wouldn't bother :)

by ClancyPantsNasty (Thu Feb 8 2007 18:08:41 )   

Hi montse91_4 --

No, actually “nincompoop” is a real English word. It means a stupid person, a moron, or an idiot. Thus, when the little troll referred to us as dimwitted nincompoops, it didn’t realize that it was being redundant. There really is no need to modify “nincompoop” with the word “dimwitted.” But, then again, the little troll itself is dimwitted. And a moron.

by garycottle (Thu Feb 8 2007 18:19:13 )   

I take umbrage at the moniker dimwitted nincompoop, but I'll freely admit to being a clodhopper. :) (Funny how they're both vaguely scatological.)

by BannerHill (Thu Feb 8 2007 18:27:16 )   

<<My appreciation continues to grow as I learn more and more. I love to interact with the people on this board since we all bring such diverse insight, never mimicking each other as we discuss its truly attained merit. It is a masterpiece of art.>>

Clancy...you said that very well. I couldn't agree more!
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40