Author Topic: The Richest Country in the World?  (Read 9654 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: The Richest Country in the World?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 10:30:38 pm »
somehow thru the magic of Artiste we have jumped from pecans, to Texas history, to the Chinese Olympics.

Never give up Artiste!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 04:30:29 pm »
Thanks for making me smile all of you!!

I do not want the USA to become a third world country more and more...
as this is now the danger!! May I say...
and plea!!

Now, back to the good will thread:
Today I was driving around the Loop in town.

There was a man standing on an onramp with a sign..."Hungry, please help"

He is out there everyday, rain or shine, 90 degree heat. But I think he is scamming people. He could find work (probably) if he wanted to...

then a couple of miles on around is another man, in his twenties?? maybe thirties...hard to tell. He sits everyday beside the road on a old trunk, with a couple of grocery sacks filled with assorted flotsam...waiting. He doesn't beg, doesn't look up. I wonder what he is waiting for. I hate that he is out there. There should be a place for him somewhere.

It breaks my heart to know he is sitting out there night and day, looking so sad, waiting for something or someone that will never come. Like an abandoned dog....

the local fast food restaurants feed him. just like a stray dog....

To you all to that quoted:
May I say that we need to get the USA and other democratic countries back on track!! Isn't that so? In order to stop such poverty? And in order too not to increase it?

Let's get serious!! How do we do that: create jobs in the USA??

Am I clear?

Au revoir,
Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 09:10:08 pm »
USA is getting too poor!!

How can we all stop that?

Hugs!

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 02:54:45 am »
In NZ we have the same problems, always guys (never seen a girl yet), sleeping rough in certain parts of the central city. They never have a sign, nor do they beg they just have their meagure belongings. We have a well established social support system but these guys slip through the cracks and spend their handouts on drugs, alcohol and sniff paint etc. Mental Illness, addiction I don't know but they are always there day after day. We all know where they are, but most of us tend not to look and not to think

Offline Artiste

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 10:17:50 am »
Thanks ZK!

More please.

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 06:48:15 pm »
With the arabs, China, India and other thugs having it by the tail, the USA is becoming too poor !!

I remember walking over bodies from one to another in New York City on major streets, and will that be so again and worst ? And even in other cities in the USA ?

Half of the streets persons are former USA soldiers... already ! Shame ! So now whole families will join them or will go work in China ? ?

I have helped two USA army former soldiers. One the USA government was refusing to help him, so I lodged him for many months in my house !

How can the USA be saved ? You have any ideas ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 08:53:21 pm »
The USA, Canada, England, France... are now becoming poor countries, did you know ?