Author Topic: British Pop Group Wrote the Bible -- garycottle  (Read 2112 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
British Pop Group Wrote the Bible -- garycottle
« on: June 19, 2007, 01:40:28 am »
REPOST
==============================================================
British Pop Group Wrote the Bible   
by garycottle 2 days ago (Fri Feb 9 2007 13:52:10 )   

Several days ago I noticed on another thread that someone innocently said that the Gospels were written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. And that these men were four of the original 12 Disciples.

Hmmm I had no idea that the Beatles were that old.

Someone else claimed that the Bible was in fact written by God himself. Guess that makes sense because wasn't it once alleged that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ?

What all of this has to do with the movie "Brokeback Mountain" I don't know. But I can say with some certainty that we are more sure of this movie's provenance--Proulx, McMurtry, Ossana, Lee, the actors, the crew, etc.--then we are of the Bible's origins, or any part contained therein.

For those of you who are religious, I don't mean to sound flip or insensitive. But we all know that some people have some funny ideas about their religion, and I think they're fair game. :)

It seems rediculous for anyone to object to this movie on religious grounds. And for someone to come here and cast aspersions on those who admire the film is beneath contempt.

This movie does not make any moral conclusions about the activities of its characters. It is not "gay propaganda" as some have claimed. The makers of the film let the viewers make up their own minds about all of that. What this film does is humanize Jack and Ennis. Whatever you think of what Jack and Ennis do with each other, you can't help but feel for them. We are invited and compelled to care about them. And if we are all God's children, then what in the hell is wrong with that?

Re: British Pop Group Wrote the Bible   
by Susiebell 2 days ago (Fri Feb 9 2007 13:56:44 )   

Amen to that!!

SuzieB

by dav0001 2 days ago (Fri Feb 9 2007 15:02:52 )   

Gary, you know what they said about the disciples (who as we know changed their names to the Beatles) John was the most talented one, Luke was the cute one, Mark was the quiet one and Matthew was the least talented..that's why he was always in the back.

by madamebrad 2 days ago (Fri Feb 9 2007 15:35:25 )   

LOL.

Great post, Garycottle!
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40