Author Topic: Gyllenhaal Offends Gulf War Veterans!  (Read 2501 times)

slayers_creek_oth

Gyllenhaal Offends Gulf War Veterans!
« on: April 29, 2006, 12:00:49 pm »
JAKE GYLLENHAAL has shocked American Gulf War veterans by joking they did nothing but "masturbate" during their time in the desert in 1991. The cheeky 25-year-old stars in JARHEAD, a movie exposing the US soldiers' lack of combat in the Middle Eastern conflict. He said, "The US soldiers were sent to the desert for 122 days and they sat in the same tent and did nothing, except a little too much masturbating."
29/04/2006 14:28

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/gyllenhaal%20offends%20gulf%20war%20veterans_29_04_2006

ROFLMFAO!  I think its funny....

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: Gyllenhaal Offends Gulf War Veterans!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 12:09:20 pm »
All that time spent in the tent masturbating or being masturbated left some trace. Maybe he's missing it?  ;D
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 12:54:15 pm »
I think those who are offended missed the operative part "JOKED".  It was a joke, for all the gods' sake!

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 02:27:54 pm »
A gulf war vet told me very interesting stories about how much the troops spent their time sunbathing and masterbating.  Doesn't sound offensive to me.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 03:01:57 pm »
That boy! Gotta love him...

O0

Heathen

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 05:45:05 pm »
I'd be defensive truth if the alternative is to accept the fact that my being there was purely for oil profits.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 06:32:31 pm »
Gyllenhall wasn't IN the Gulf War--it's the FIRST gulf war, you know--and it's all right on the video disc, you can rent it!  You watch the "News interviews' without Mendes' voice over--and voila, you have it! He says, it's kind of funny, because they're all in this huge barrack together, and they're all jacking-off, and don't want anyone else to know they are...he says, he spends most of his time, when he's not masturbating, wondering when the next time he CAN is coming...

Being of the "make love, not war" persuasion myself, I think it's better'n nothin...apparently Mendes encouraged him too speak his mind (in character as Swofford), while telling the other guys to say what was expected of them.

He ALSO says that it's enervating, when you do it oo much...guess I've never done it too much...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 06:37:10 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters