Author Topic: The Erotic Etudes  (Read 4636 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
The Erotic Etudes
« on: June 19, 2007, 05:22:01 pm »
I don't know why I ever made an announcement or discussion thread for my first actually PUBLISHED novel, but it is in print, and it is the first thing that I wrote for the intention to publish on the subject of bisexuality and homosexuality.

The Erotic Etudes - is available on my own website in a PDF, downloadable, and in-print format, 18 brief tales which followed the erotic awakening and eventual tragic career of the bisexual composer Robert Schumann.

http://www.zebratta.com/Books/Etudes/index.html

The entire text follows the book order link.  It is not necessary to purchase the book in order to download the text, but if you read and enjoy it please consider making a donation or purchasing a print copy which will help me to get through the disastrous months of unemployment leading to my eventual remove to Britain to take a permanent job.  Every little expression of appreciation does a world of good!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The Erotic Etudes
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 08:22:36 am »
Louise gave me a copy of The Erotic Etudes back in August when we met in London, but I didn't actually read it until March, when I traveled to Europe. It was great to read on that trip, since I was in Germany...even Heidelberg (which is in the story).

I highly recommend this book.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 04:46:19 am »
This is interesting.  Thanks, Louise.

Gieb die Pfeile, nimm den Bogen
               mir ists Ernst und dir ist Schertz
               Die Senne hab ich gezogen
               Du geziehlt, so triffts ins Hertz.

(Clemens Brentano)

Give me the arrow, you take the bow
               To me it's ernest, to you it's jest
                I have stretched the bowstring taut
               You aimed well, so it hits the heart.

See, it doesn't make sense in either language!

"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 10:52:17 am »
I am pleased to announce that The Erotic Etudes Opus VI is now available in an eBook format. You can purchase it through mobipocket. It will also be available in the Kindle format and sold through amazon.com (it should be online there in the next 24-48 hours).

For mobipocket:

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/eBookDetails.asp?BookID=83150

Synopsis:

Robert Schumann, the Romantic composer, was a vibrant and complex man. Schumann’s public biography was carefully cleansed by his wife, his survivors, and his friends, but his own letters and diaries give indication of a series of passionate affairs with both sexes that sparked the creative outpouring of music that defined his artistic life. It is from these sources that author E. L. van Hine has imagined an erotic and inspired story of a remarkable, talented man.

The Erotic Études Opus VI recreates many of Schumann's intimate relationships in a series of 18 interlocking stories that span 40 years of his life, beginning in 1834 when he was at the center of both controversy and publicity in Leipzig, Germany. Arranged thematically and told in the first person, The Erotic Études Opus VI parallels the 18 section piano work, 'The Symphonic Etudes,' which was published in 1837 and dedicated to one of Schumann's intimate friends. Compelling, intriguing, and immensely readable, The Erotic Études Opus VI is a story that will stay with the reader, long after the final page has been turned.

It is a wonderful story. I hope folks will consider buying the ebook to read.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 09:58:11 pm »
I would love to see a few folks get on board with e-books and try out some of my OTHER work, that would be great!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 05:08:04 am »
 would have SWORN I had already said: This is an interesting book, and I read it all.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 05:59:56 am »
Yes, I think you did say that, Julie. It is an interesting book and I am glad you enjoyed it!