Author Topic: Where did it come from? Gay trivia!  (Read 16013 times)

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Where did it come from? Gay trivia!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 02:41:01 pm »
Isabelle,

great to see you again...

Thanks for your nice thoughts...

Love it here... so peaceful... lol

--Kudz

Offline DecaturTxCowboy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Gay Cowboy Hat Flag
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 03:33:11 pm »
Frank Harrell (Cowboy Frank) created a Gay Cowboy Hat Flag.

http://cowboyfrank.net/gifs/cwbyhtflg_1.gif

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 05:40:31 pm by DecaturTxCowboy »
Take it like a man - steady and strong, not a lot of fuss and carring on.  True to a promise, I can ride in any storm.  So bend over and take it like a man...Too much of a good thing is a good thing.

Offline DecaturTxCowboy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Ain't Skeered...No Fear
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 04:03:47 pm »
This is a OSHA regulation sized warning placard I have in the back wndow of my truck.

On the back of my hard hat I wear out on oil rigs

Scanned image that I cleaned up and print various sizes out for my own stickers

Ain't skeered, no fear!
Take it like a man - steady and strong, not a lot of fuss and carring on.  True to a promise, I can ride in any storm.  So bend over and take it like a man...Too much of a good thing is a good thing.

TJ

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 04:07:57 pm »
And in 1973 by the American Psychiatric Association.

And in your dreams by the current administration.

And in your dreams, by a whole lot of other people, too. I was talking to a neighbor lady who lives across the courtyard in the apartment complex and we were talking about American Flag wavers and those who don't even vote.

According to the US Code for the Display of the American Flag there is ONLY one way to have a flag on civilian vehicle; but, she has several things with flags on them on her car, plus two small flags attached to the doors of her cars which wave when she drives on the street or the wind is blowing.

If a US flag is used with one's personal vehicle, it must be on a staff attached to the right front fender.

We had a sales tax question of Tuesday's ballot and I asked her, I forget her name, if she voted and she said she did. And during our continued conversation, she brought up about what would happen in the USA if she didn't vote and that included homosexuals taking over the country. She tried to tell me that a now dead missionary pastor said one time that he could see "homosexual demons" in people. Well, I could have told her how senile that old man, Lester Sumrall, got before he died and still preached, but, I didn't.

I did say, "If Sumrall happened to see a demon spirit in a person who was homosexual, the demon would have been related to something else." Then I told her about what her Victory Christian Center (VCC) pastor, Billy Joe Daugherty, said one time on a live-TV church program (held on the Oral Roberts University campus in the Mabee Center). Billy Joe decided to tell the congregation and the viewing audience at the Sunday Morning 8:30 am service "how to recognize the spirit of homosexuality." He proceeded to go through a long laundry list of "symptoms" of said "spriit."

I had the TV on while I was getting ready for my ride to my own church later that morning. I stopped what I was doing to listen to what Billy Joe said. When he finished, I "spoke" to the TV as though he was in the room and said, "Billy Joe, if what you said was true, you would know that at least one of your cameramen this morning is definitely homosexual."

When I got to the Family of Faith Metropolitan Community Church for the 11:00 am service, the person whom I knew was a member of FOFMCC and VCC, too, was there with his boyfriend. Both of those guys were volunteer camera operators earlier that morning. David and I talked about what Billy Joe said and had a laugh. Because VCC is a Pentecostal/Charismatic church, many gay people can enjoy worship there as long as nothing is said about homosexuals.

I have known Billy Joe since 1972. He used to be Assembly of God and was a youth pastor when I met him.

Several years later, David and I talked with a visiting minister in another church about how people think they know homosexuals and can recognize them, too. But, the have no idea as to what they are talking about.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 06:38:18 pm »
This is a OSHA regulation sized warning placard I have in the back wndow of my truck.

On the back of my hard hat I wear out on oil rigs

Scanned image that I cleaned up and print various sizes out for my own stickers

Ain't skeered, no fear!

BRILLIANT Kudzudaddy!  Brilliant.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 08:38:04 pm »
Heh, I love the 'No Fear' sticker.  I had one on the back of my car for the longest time.

Proudest moment was when an ice storm roared into town and I struggled to get into work.

Later that night on the news, I watched a camera crew and reporter do a story on the miserable weather standing by the freeway, just to see my car going by in the background with that sticker on the back.

Yee haw! :D

I love the 'Ain't skeered' version, but alas, I'm not a redneck.  ;)

TJ

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 08:57:37 pm »

BRILLIANT Kudzudaddy!  Brilliant.

Why did you quote what Justin, aka DecaturTxCowboy, posted and give credit to someone else?

Offline DecaturTxCowboy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 09:12:00 pm »
Why did you quote what Justin, aka DecaturTxCowboy, posted and give credit to someone else?

No biggie, he prolly got mixed up in the threads and replied to wrong post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any post thru a buried water line is a wrong post...and a muddy mess to boot.

TJ

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 10:31:26 pm »
The original poster which I created actually had the triangle as plain pink. When I scanned it, it did not come out the same color.

The books stand for Education. The Rainbow Flag stand for the fact that it represents diversity and God who created the rainbow in the first place. The Eagle is a symbol for the USA. The Native American dancer stand for my own Cherokee heritage (that's a "grass-dancing" outfit). The building is a combination of school and a church. I have gone to church in country school houses, some no longer used for school.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2006, 11:11:34 pm »

No biggie, he prolly got mixed up in the threads and replied to wrong post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any post thru a buried water line is a wrong post...and a muddy mess to boot.

Yes that's exactly what happened.  Sorry guys.  I think it's a great post none the less.
~A good general knows when to retreat~