Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Craft Corner  (Read 96453 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Brokeback Mountain Craft Corner
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2007, 12:16:00 am »
Here is my Ennis doll!! The sign (I know I misspelled a word) has been on the fridge since October--when I first saw the movie and someone on the IMDb board pointed out the sign on Aquirre's trailer. Ennis on guard!! I love it.

Another pose.....shirtless.
 ;D

;D

THANK YOU, TOYCOON!!!

This is great, Shasta!  Thanks for posting the pic!  Toycoon is very handy!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2007, 01:40:20 pm »
Oh my fecking gawd!

:o

How did I miss this thread!!!!?!!!!

I looooooooooooovvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!

ITS FAB!!!!!!

Tycooon - you can tell you are a toy designer!!!!

Dio you ever design the toys for adults AND kids ... like action figures... ?? You know like the star war ones... what does the film have to do to get action figures?? (Hint hint!!!)  :laugh: :laugh:

have i told you how much I love this thread!?

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2007, 01:46:23 am »
Amazing Shasta!
You actually made my dress up magnet project. I'm so honored! Ennis looks great on your fridge.
Did you ever get Jack to print out? Jack is a PDF file just like Ennis so it should work just the same. I could send you the file by email. Let me know....
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2007, 01:56:14 am »
Tycooon - you can tell you are a toy designer!!!!

Dio you ever design the toys for adults AND kids ... like action figures... ?? You know like the star war ones... what does the film have to do to get action figures?? (Hint hint!!!)  :laugh: :laugh:

have i told you how much I love this thread!?

One of these days, I will have the master toy license for Brokeback Mountain. It will probably be a year or two before that can happen.

I'm glad you like the thread. Stick around, it gets even better. More projects coming soon.
You have a few crafts to catch up with in the meantime, Kelda.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2007, 01:59:29 am »
Thanks, ya'll.  :)

Hey Toycoon. I thought I'd try it one more time---I've tried printing Jack 3 or 4 times to no avail. But tonite--just now--it printed. YAY!!! I have no idea why it wouldn't print before.

I'll take a new pic when I have both of the boys together on the fridge!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mvansand76

« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2007, 05:53:45 pm »
Here is my Ennis doll!! The sign (I know I misspelled a word) has been on the fridge since October--when I first saw the movie and someone on the IMDb board pointed out the sign on Aquirre's trailer. Ennis on guard!! I love it.

;D

;D

THANK YOU, TOYCOON!!!

It looks great... but where's the love of his life? He should be next to him on the refrigerator!  ;)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2007, 05:56:48 pm »
Thank you, Melissa!

Didn't you know that Jack reincarnated as a Lab??  ;)

My Jack wouldn't print out until recently, so he's not finished yet. I will repost when I get him finished.   :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2007, 07:47:11 pm »
It looks great... but where's the love of his life? He should be next to him on the refrigerator!  ;)

Yee-haw!! Congrats, Melissa!! I knew you would do it before the end of July!!!!!!! And what a great topic for your 2k post, Jack!!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2007, 02:04:16 am »
Absolutely.  Thank you.  I got some magnetic paper for ink jet printers at Staples and printed mine on those.  They came out be-yoo-tiful.  I put 'em on my refrigerator, and, wouldn't you know it, I spilled some water on them while getting the ice trays into the freezer.  Now, they're smeared, and, like me, they ain't as magnetic as they were once they get moist.  Does anyone know of anything I can treat them with to preserve them, a clear coat of something? 

You can buy a sheet of clear, adhesive film (some people use it to laminate cards and stuff) from the office supply store or the craft store. You cover the page then cut out the pieces of each doll as usual.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2007, 09:39:34 pm »
Howdy Cowfolk,
Here is your newest craft project: the "Old Rose" whiskey label.

Print out the page and back with a sheet of self adhesive paper. Then, trim the label to the line and apply to a blank whiskey bottle. Cut out the collar band and apply to the neck of the bottle. Now you've got a bottle of the fella's favorite hootch.

Impress yer friends; get loaded and speak more than you have in a whole year!