Author Topic: JACK WITH ENNIS fanfic game - the archive  (Read 53868 times)

Dagi

4.sept.07
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2007, 04:21:11 pm »
Jack loves Ennis by Littlewing1957

Dagi, Shasta, Moremojo, SusieBell, and especially Gary, this one is for you!

“C’mere Friend, sit down by me.”  Jack beckoned to his lover and moved a few pillows around so that Ennis could join him on the couch. “I have something I want to share with you.”

Ennis and Jack were just finishing up a nine day fishing trip, and Ennis imagined Jack was feeling rather sentimental then, feeling sort of sad that they had to part for God knows how long.  Ennis was fearful of what Jack wanted to share.  He sat next to his lover and placed a nervous hand on his knee.

“What you got, Rodeo?”  Ennis asked as he smoothed his hand along Jack’s thigh and gave him space to proceed.  Ennis wasn’t prepared for what happened next.  Jack reached under the couch and pulled out what appeared to be a coffee table book.  He placed the tome on Ennis’ lap and opened to the first page.

“Whoa, Rodeo!”  Ennis cried as he saw the photo of a beautiful young man pleasuring himself.

“Now just hear me out!”  Jack said soothingly as he noticed Ennis’ discomfort.  “Listen, Friend, this here is a fascinatin' book.  It shows you ways to make yourself feel good, and gives instruction, as well.”  Jack pointed to photos of gorgeous young men in various positions of self-pleasuring.  Ennis averted his eyes for a moment.

“Listen Jack, I’m not comfortable with this.  Yeah, sure, I told you I wrung it out a few times, thinking of you, but I don’t need no instructions on how to do it.”  Ennis sighed and turned away from his lover.  Jack placed a hand on Ennis’ back.  He rubbed him tenderly, until Ennis faced him once more.

“Look, En!”  Jack began. “I just wanted to do this one thing for you.  Listen, take the book and if you find you run out of ideas, well, give it a try.  And think of me while you’re at it!”  Ennis began to soften.  He reached out for the book and flipped through the provocative photographs.   Ennis never thought to ask where Jack found such a book.  He didn’t think it was important to know.

“Hey Rodeo!”  Ennis, amused now.  “This here looks pretty interesting!”  Ennis pointed to the picture of 2 young men making love.

“What say we practice this move?  We have a few hours before we have to leave the cabin.  What ya say, Rodeo?”  Ennis winked at his lover, who smiled back.  Jack led the way to the master bedroom.

Two months and many hours later, Jack was preparing for bed.  He was used to sleeping in the guest room, as his marriage had deteriorated to a lonely sham.  Jack was so desperate for Ennis that he could have pulled his hair out, strand-by-strand.  Jack climbed into his king-sized bed and reached under the mattress.  He pulled out a book, an oversized tome that was identical to the one he gave Ennis months before.  The activity depicted on page 27 was particularly exciting, and was Jack’s favorite.  He thought of Ennis as he pleasured himself, and in no time, he was able to fall into a satisfied slumber.

Ennis' Fears by Dagi and Susie

Warm and soft skin under his hands.....his lover's warm and soft skin....nothing better in the world........

Ennis refused to fall asleep, savoring the sweetest feeling imaginable after hours of lovemaking, Jack's body spooned up tightly against his own, their feet and legs intertwined, Ennis' hand lying softly on his lover's stomach.

In the twilight, his eyes drifted over the contours of Jack's body, noting the familiar moles and imperfections that had become so dear to him.  Two angry red scars across his face, one very close to his right eye, the other just above his chin, and several purple bruises over his chest and back, made Ennis' body shudder involuntarily.

His throat tightened up, but he didn't try to hold back the tears, knowing he would lose the fight in the end, as he always did in moments like this, when he held in hand what he had almost lost.

Jack's feable attempts at explaining away his injuries, the rim of a tire blasting into his face as he was trying to replace a flat, didn't fool Ennis for a moment.  His nightmares, the constant churning in the pitt of his stomach, the vision of two, three, sometimes ten men, laying into Jack with a tire iron, beating him to within an inch of his life, was going to haunt him for the rest of his days.  But he thanked God Jack was still alive, badly scarred perhaps, but here with him, lying peacefully in his arms.  The tears flowed freely, a little whimper escaping his lips.

"Shush, baby, I'm here.......it´s alright........" whispered his love, turning around and folding him closely in his strong arms.  Burying his face in the crook of Jack's neck,  Ennis finally allowed himself to sob like a baby, allowed Jack to rock him tenderly, humming the sweetest lullaby, until they both fell into a silent, peaceful slumber.........

Elk Jerky by Littlewing1957

Jack missed Ennis during the day, but he was also grateful for time alone to think, reflect, and perhaps get some work done.   Most days at camp were uneventful, and Jack was grateful for that.  He straightened the camp, set aside enough wood to start a dinner fire, and opened a few cans of soup: Cream of Chicken soup.  Not too bad!

A few minutes later and Jack had a strange feeling.  He was uneasy, thought he was being watched.  And just as he was turning to enter the tent to fetch a book of matches, someone grabbed him from behind!

“Gotcha!”  A man yelled as he pulled at Jack’s waist.

“Darryl, man, you almost made my heart jump through my chest!”  Jack yelled angrily as he pulled himself free of the ranger’s grip.  “What the hell are you doin’ around here?”  Jack observed that Darryl Brockbank was probably on vacation, or got fired or something, as he was there without his uniform.

“Oh, I’m just here on a picnic with friends."   Darryl remarked with a twinkle in his eye as he approached Jack Twist.  "I've been watchin' you, Jack!"

Jack backed away, not amused, becoming disturbed.  Jack knew Darryl from last summer, as he worked for The Department of Game and Fish, and Jack did his level best to avoid him the entire time.

“I see old man Aguirre thought to hire another man to help around here!”  Darryl mused as he stroked his chin.  Darryl looked around camp.  “Where is the other fella?”  He asked, a mischievous grin plastered on his handsome face.  Jack didn’t answer.  He walked over to the tent and climbed inside.

“You can’t hide from me, Jack Twist!”  Darryl yelled by way of warning as he approached the tent.  But just before he could poke his head inside the tent flap, Jack emerged pointing a 30-30 right at Darryl’s chest.

“Jack Twist, what the fuck??"

To be Continued…

Elk Jerky (Part2) by Littlewing1957

“I think you had better go and join your friends!”  Jack’s voice was icy, and left no room for interpretation.  Darryl’s look was one of incredulous wonder as his gaze shifted from Jack’s face to the barrel of the rifle.  Jack allowed his mind to wander to last summer when he was alone on the mountain to shepherd the sheep.  The days were long, and the loneliness was so sublime that he began to make friendly with some of his charges.  Jack held long, plaintive conversations with some of the sheep.  It was during one of his exchanges with a ewe he named Mary, that he met Darryl.  Or rather, Darryl insinuated himself into Jack’s space.

Darryl had a fondness for taking people unawares.  He was making his rounds one day and noticed the leavings of an illegal fire.  He saw a beautiful young Jack talking to a lamb, and something in Darryl’s chest shifted.  Darryl knew he liked guys from an early age, but he wouldn’t classify himself as queer.  He wanted a wife and kids, as well as a male lover.  Darryl had the lover, but was still working on the wife and kids.  He hid behind a tree and watched in awe as Jack shooed the lamb away with the other flock and climbed into his tent.  Darryl had an idea.

Jack’s thoughts returned to the present, but not before he remembered Darryl’s attempt at blackmail.  “Sleep with me or I’ll tell my bosses that you’ve violated the rules.  Aguirre will be in a lot of trouble, and you’ll be out of a job!"  But Jack was not intimidated.  He threatened to tell everyone in Signal, hell, the entire fine State of Wyoming that Darryl was a blackmailing weasel who would look the other way if Jack offered him a “bribe.”  That shut Darryl up.  Sort of.  Jack spent the rest of the summer trying his best to stay out of Darryl’s way.

“So where is that partner of yours?”  Darryl asked with a leer.  “You know, Twist, that one is kinda cute.  And from what I’ve seen, he likes a little fun with the guys.  You think he’ll come into my teepee if I asked real nice like?  Jack’s eyes narrowed into murderous slits.  His mouth was one grim line.  He cocked the rifle and aimed the barrel at Darryl’s head.

“Mention him once more and I will shoot you!  I swear to God, I will kill you and feed your carcass to the wolves.  Darryl swallowed, but he wasn’t afraid.  He bowed to Jack and backed away from him, and out of sight.  Jack lowered the 30-30 and sat on a log…

To be Continued??

Dagi

5.sept.07
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2007, 04:27:02 pm »
Elk Jerky and Beans by Littlewing1957

Okay, a few things: as you can probably tell, this poem was written for a youngster.  My daughter's friend received some elk jerky for her birthday (seriously) and promised to give me some if I either 1) write a BBM story just for her 2) write an "epic" BBM poem just for her.  I chose to write an "epic" poem.  I'm posting this here in an effort to cheer up Dagi and Susiebaby, my dear friends.  Please forgive me if this poem seems out of place.  Toycoon, if you feel that Elk jerky and Beans does not belong here, don't hesitate to tell me, and I'll remove it.  Dagi, SusieBaby, this one is for you.  Oh, it is also for Allie, Maria's friend.  I'm waiting for my elk Jerky!   laugh

“No more beans!”  Yelled Jack Twist
The meaning of the statement was not missed
By his partner, a one Ennis Del Mar,
Who watched as Jack rode to the mountain far.

Ennis was assigned the task
Of collecting food from the Basque.
It was simple fare: beans, milk, perhaps some stew,
Biscuits, peaches, a few cans of brew.

Friday, and Ennis hiked to the appointed place
And waited without a smile on his face, as
The Basque would surely ask what it means
To read a list that didn’t include beans.

“I thought you don’t eat soup?”
Observed the weary Basque
It was right there on the list:
Soup was added last!

“Well, I’m tired of beans!”
But Ennis knew that wasn’t true!
He needed something special for Jack;
Beans would no longer do.

The Basque packed the food with his usual flair
And Ennis was glad to get outta there!
He had a long way to go over fields, across a brook
To make it back to camp and cook.

But on the way, crossing a stream,
He happened across a bear, whose scream
Spooked his mule, that reared up and back,
Spilling the provisions from the pack!

Meanwhile, a hungry and irritable Jack
Rode into camp and rubbed his back
His ride from brokeback was rough – he was beat!
He wanted to relax, he needed to eat.

But Ennis Del Mar was nowhere in sight!
Jack paced the camp until night
Woodland creatures began to scurry.
Where was Ennis?  Jack began to worry.

Ennis salvaged as much food as he could
But actually, it was not much good.
He had so little left in the pack.
Nothing else to do but go face Jack.

Jack rose when he saw Ennis pass by,
Without a word, not even a “Hi!”
So happy was Jack to see his friend,
All he could utter was “Where have you been?”

Ennis told Jack all about the bear
The Basque, the mule, and its awful scare,
The trail of food down by the creek
That their prospects for food seemed rather bleak.

“Why don’t we shoot one of the sheep?”
It was Jack Twist, his voice timid and deep.
Ennis said “forget it!” right then and there.
But Jack was hungry and didn’t care.

Around about noon Ennis focused the rifle straight
And aimed at an elk who didn’t realize its fate
Was to end up in pieces, meat hanging from trees
To feed the one who Ennis sought to please.

Elk Jerky and short ribs, leftover bread
Whiskey on shares!  Jack was well fed.
Ennis wasn’t satisfied, and you know what that means?
He had some elk jerky and a can of beans!

September by Toycoon

The summers came and went and still the memories of that certain summer were like a wound on Ennis' heart that had scabbed over but never quite healed; when Ennis heard the name, Jack, again after all this time, the blood came rushing back.

Ennis, you know someone name'a Jack?
Ennis' heart performed a unexpected somersault landing in the middle of his throat, "Maybe... why?"

Ennis carefully read the writing on the back of the postcard and softly stroked the word, "Jack" as though somehow Jack could feel his tender caress.

September (Cont) by Littlewing1957

There was no time to waste!  Ennis couldn’t help himself.  He grabbed his threadbare jacket and headed out.  He didn’t have a postcard handy, but knew he could purchase one at the post office.

“You bet!”  The message was spare and simple, but it was enough to get his feelings across to Jack.  Ennis placed a stamp on the card and put it in the proper slot.  He walked home feeling better, more hopeful than he had in years!

Jack fuckin’ Twist!  Ennis thought he would never hear from him again; was sure Jack was sore from that dirty punch.  Ennis would never forget the look on Jack’s face that day.  But he vowed to put the dreary thoughts out of his head.  All was obviously forgiven, as Jack wanted to see him.  But what if he didn’t show?

September (con’t, part 3) by BBM-Cat

Doubt and anxiety permeated Ennis’ mind as the 24th of September approached. His nerves were workin’ overtime. He could hardly think. He was short with Alma and the girls. Just pins and needles. Distracted. Since mailing his reply to Jack, Ennis was plagued by a series of absent-minded mistakes. Chagrined, he thought of how he’d recently locked his keys in the truck, and another time, how he’d driven right past the familiar turn off to the farm. That Jack fuckin’ Twist sure had a powerful hold over him! Even still.

With all of his contained energy, Ennis willed his simple and spare postcard to reach its’ destination. Damn, if that postal slot had been big enough, Ennis woulda just mailed himself to Childress. He dared to imagine Jack receiving and reading his two-word reply; the force behind those words strong enough to blind its’ intended recipient.

Ennis felt like he was livin’ a double life. Alone and in secret he would allow the memories of Jack and their summer on Brokeback to readily slip into his consciousness. Daily life and survival reined those memories back in; though now, with much more difficulty. Hope and excitement reawakened the ache in his heart. The flush of desire made his hands sweat. The anticipation of Jack’s arrival was nearly unbearable…

September (Part 4) by Susiebell

"CAN'T A GUY GET SOME FUCKIN' PEACE AND QUIET IN HIS OWN GODDAMN HOUSE?" Jack roared, storming out onto the porch and slamming the front door behind him.  The baby had been hollering all night and there was nothing he or Lureen could do to settle him.

Sonofabitch! Why haven't you answered?  He was about at his witts end.  If he didn't hear from Ennis by tomorrow morning he was gonna climb into his truck, drive out to Riverton and hunt him down.  Well Fuck You Ennis Del Mar!  I have a life, I don't need you!  Taking a deep breath, he returned to the house.

"I'm sorry Lureen, honey....  Here, let me try...."  Lureen, exhausted and sobbing, handed Bobby over to Jack.   "It's alright little fella, it's alright..."  He strolled back out into the cool night air, humming a lullaby, tears falling silently as the memory of Ennis humming the same tune came flooding back.  Gently rocking Bobby in his arms, he felt his child fall slowly into peaceful slumber.

September 22nd by Toycoon

It was straight-up noon on that hot Thursday in September and with the anticipation of seeing his old friend Jack in two days, Ennis could hardly keep his mind on his work pouring asphalt; Ennis put down his shovel, mopped his sweaty brow with his sleeve, yanked off his gloves then silently motioned to his coworker that he was headed to the toilet.

Ennis stepped into the Andy Gump and it teetered slightly when the door slammed behind him; Ennis faced the urinal, unbuckled his belt, undid his fly, fished around in his briefs for his penis then slid the back the skin and began to urinate as he dreamily gazed at the field through the tiny vents in the wooden port-a-potty.

He was suddenly reminded of the time up on Brokeback when he and Jack had a peeing 'contest' to see who could spray the farthest; Jack had always been so fascinated with Ennis' foreskin and as they stood side by side, he asked Ennis if he could touch it. Although Ennis thought Jack's preoccupation with his prepuce was a little odd, he let the other man handle it all the same.

Jack slid the skin back and forth on Ennis cock, squeezing with his fingers then rubbing his finger on the slit; Ennis instinctively reached out to masturbate his buddy's circumcised cock, his movements clumsy at first but then finding a mutual rhythm between them. Ennis began furiously stroking his erection then ejaculating at the urinal when a pounding on the outhouse door brought him back to harsh reality. "Hey, Ennis," demanded Toby, "you comin'? You been in there for ten minutes!"

September 22nd (8:17 p.m.) By Littlewing1957

Alma Del Mar was clearing away the dinner dishes.  She served greasy hamburger again, but made it “interesting” by mixing in bell pepper, sweet onion and serving the patties on wheat buns.  Alma took pride in the fact that she knew 57 ways to prepare hamburger.   But Alma was sick of hamburger.  She craved a night out: a social situation, even if it meant taking Ennis’ friend to the Knife and Fork when he arrived in a few days for a visit.

Ennis sat on the grease stained floor in the living room, a giggling Alma Jr. on his lap.  Jenny was sleeping soundly in the girl’s tiny bedroom.   He looked at the television, but didn’t really see what was on.  His thoughts were with Jack, wondering what it will mean to see him again.  Ennis hugged his small daughter closer and closed his eyes.  He prayed to God that Jack would show up.

Bedtime came early in the Del Mar household.  Ennis had to get up the next morning for work, while Alma had to tend to the girls, as well as work the afternoon shift at the grocers.  Alma slipped into bed alongside her husband, whose back was turned to the wall.  She was in a frisky mood, but couldn’t be certain if Ennis would love her the right way, or would flip her over like a pancake, and do to what hurt, do what she hated!  Alma placed a tentative hand on her husband’s upper back.  No response.  She rolled over into a fetal position on her cold side of the bed, and drifted to a fitful sleep.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:16:18 am by Dagi »

Dagi

Re: JACK WITH ENNIS fanfic game - the archive
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2007, 07:13:06 am »
Apple Strudel by Littlewing1957

A BBM Slice of Life

Jack Twist prepared a totally delectable supper for himself and Ennis Del Mar.  He managed to cook a 3 course meal using only a small cook stove powered by propane.  Jack tossed an endive and leek salad, and grilled thick and meaty pork shanks to perfection.  Rounding out the meal was asparagus, and baked potatoes dripping with butter, sour cream and chives.

Ennis sat back against a log, rubbing his tummy, almost comatose with pleasure.   That Jack Twist and his luxury dinners!  While Ennis sat burping, Jack smiled at his lover.  He lived to see the look on Ennis’ face after he finished a tasty meal.  Jack wanted to go over and kiss Ennis’ half-closed eyelids, but he could wait.  He had to serve dessert.  “Got any room for something sweet?”  Jack smiled as Ennis sprawled against a tree.  Ennis blew out some air and spread his arms wide.  “Of course, Rodeo!"  Ennis wasn’t sure if he could tolerate anything else, he was so full.  But he couldn’t say no to Jack!  "Bring it on, Baby!”  Ennis beamed.

Jack turned to fetch something from his truck.  He brought back a package that held a very special pastry.  He found a bakery on his way to work one day and decided to stop and sample some of their wares.  Jack was quite taken with an apple strudel, and decided to treat his lover to a little bit of heaven.  Jack very carefully placed the pastry on the stove to warm it a bit.  After a few minutes he removed the strudel and cut Ennis a slice, right down the middle.  The first bite and Ennis knew he could gorge on the treat until he got sick.  It was sooo good!  Jack ate his piece with gusto!  When the strudel was devoured, Jack realized that he forgot the milk.  “Ah man, I forgot the milk!  This strudel would have been so good with a glass of milk, don’t you think, Cowboy?”  Ennis rubbed his temples and smiled at Jack.  “Rodeo, if you gave me a glass of milk, you would have had to carry me into the tent on a stretcher!  I wouldn’t be able to move, fer sure!”  Jack laughed uproariously and moved toward his friend.  He placed his arms under Ennis legs, in a gesture to lift him from the log.  “I guess I’ll have to be your stretcher, friend!”  Jack laughed as he hoisted Ennis up.  Ennis didn’t object.  He draped his arms around Jack’s neck and allowed himself to be carried into the tent.

Missing Family by moremojo

"Here's me and Lureen at the last state fair, and that's Bobby standing there to my right", stated Jack with a noticeable air of pride as he showed his latest family snapshots to Ennis at their secluded campground; Jack made a regular ritual of showing his family's progress to his Wyoming cowboy on the occasion of their infrequent meetings, hoping thereby to forge a closer connection to the man who mattered most to him in the whole world, and, though he regretted it, understood Ennis's inability to reciprocate in kind, and had long since ceased asking for visual evidence of the scattered Del Mar family.

Ennis usually took pleasure in examining Jack's trove of personal memorabilia, but at this instance felt an odd sadness seize his heart when gazing upon this latest portrait of Twist togetherness, noting as usual Lureen's uncommon beauty and the son's striking growth from last year's picture and his phenomenal resemblance to his handsome, gracious father; Jack discerned a shift in mood as he glanced at his best friend's weathered face and, his heart taking its cue as naturally as ice melts into water, reached up to stroke and hold the nape of his lover's neck, softly saying, "Hey bud, anything wrong?"

Ennis, usually wanting for words, sighed, "I dunno, Jack, I was jes feelin' lonesome seeing you with your family like that...I was just thinkin of what it might be like...to have kids with you, to live with you...but that jes can't be", whereupon Jack, not missing a beat, countered "No, Ennis, you're wrong...it coulda been that way...it can be that way", grabbing those big, gnarled ranch hands to emphasize the point, but Ennis, blinking away the hint of tears, gently but firmly released Jack's grip, walking silently to the creek for silent reflection, while Jack, glued to the ground, saw the old dream fly out of sight once more.

Goodbye, Jack! By littlewing1957

I’ll find you, Jack!
It is in my power
Wherever you may be..
Across the years or in an hour,
Please save a place for me.

Ennis placed the card next to the stone.  He drove 1400 miles to Childress to pay his respects to his lover, Jack Twist.  Ennis really struggled with the notion of driving down; didn’t know if he could stand to see where half of his friend’s ashes were interred.

What did Lureen say?  “We put a stone up!”  Ennis didn’t want to intrude on Jack’s widow.  He did the research himself and found the memorial park where half of Jack's cremated body lay buried.

Ennis wrote the little poem himself.  He didn’t know he had it in him, but the occasion was special.  Standing there, looking down at Jack’s headstone, he felt at peace.  The stone read, “Jack Twist, faithful unto death!”  Ennis had to smile at that.  Just as he was turning to leave, a sudden gust of wind rushed around him.  And stranger yet, a drop of dew landed on his cheek.  Ennis smiled as he dabbed at his cheek, his tears mingling with the lone drop of dew.  “I love you too, Jack Twist.”  No other words, no further visits to Childress were necessary.  Ennis climbed into his truck and headed home.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:20:53 am by Dagi »

Dagi

September-stories
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2007, 03:54:52 am »
September 23rd

6:00a.m.
by Littlewing1957

Ennis sat at his small kitchen table and watched Alma as she prepared breakfast for the family.  He refused the sausage and eggs that his wife offered, couldn't touch a bite, but liked to watch his girls eat.  Ennis reached over and pulled Alma Jr. from her chair and sat her upon his lap.  He rubbed her rosy cheek, placed the small of his thumb into her tiny mouth.  Alma Jr. giggled and spat Ennis’ thumb out.  Alma watched this exchange between father and daughter with a sort of detachment.  Something was terribly wrong, she just knew it!

Alma placed a small saucer of scrambled eggs and sausage in front of Ennis.  He looked up at his wife, smiled, and raised a fork to feed his daughter her breakfast.  It was a fine feeling: feeding his child like a good daddy, but Ennis’ thoughts were elsewhere!  He allowed his mind to drift to nights up on Brokeback when he fed Jack Twist beans with a spoon.  Jack was a sight as he opened his bow mouth, accepted a spoonful of beans!  Ennis smiled as he remembered Jack’s eyes rolling, becoming wide and deep blue as he "savored" the beans.  Jack Fuckin’ Twist was just playing with him.  Jack didn’t even like beans!

Ennis wondered if Jack still disliked beans.  When Alma Jr. was finished with her eggs and sausage, Ennis picked her up and carried her into the living room where Alma was nursing Francine.  He watched his wife caring for his second born and tried to enjoy it – willed himself to be happy.  But Jack Twist was coming to town.  Ennis tried to convince himself that Jack’s visit was just a friendly call, that it didn’t mean anything.  But somewhere in his psyche, Ennis knew that Jack’s visit would change everything…

9:00 a.m.  by Toycoon

Attempts at marital bliss only made Ennis more withdrawn and nervous: he thought about having a beer but it seemed too early in the day to have a drink.

Ennis decided instead to have a cigarette and that helped to calm his nerves somewhat. Alma asked Ennis to smoke outside while she nursed little Jenny and he obliged willingly.

The Delmar's tiny apartment seemed especially confining the more Ennis thought about the liberty of Brokeback Mountain; Ennis shuddered and flicking his cigarette across the parking lot, he worried that the secrets he and his first lover, Jack,  shared long ago could possibly show on his face.

10:32 a.m.  by Littlewing1957

Jack took the day off, as he was too nervous to work.  His plans were finalized, his route to Riverton, Wyoming all mapped out.  Everything was in order down to the underwear that he planned to take.  But Jack was terrified.  He walked to his desk and found the reply that Ennis sent.  “You bet” was definitive and laconic, just like Ennis Del Mar.

Jack hoped that Ennis would be receptive, that it was not too late to rekindle what they had…whatever that was!  Jack remembered his mom talking about a childhood friend who lost touch with her, but reappeared after a 20 year absence.  His mom and her friend laughed and talked like they never parted.  Jack prayed that he and Ennis could pick up where they left off, just like his mom and her childhood friend.

“I wonder if he’ll let me touch him!”  Jack almost spoke out loud when he thought about the idyllic days and nights up on Brokeback.  All the hours of laughter, love, occasional tenderness.  Jack wanted Ennis.  He needed him.  He would bide his time, that is, if Ennis allowed it.  In a few days’ time, Jack Twist intended to propose to Ennis Del Mar.

8:45 p.m.   by Toycoon

Jack had portrayed the devoted husband and the doting father for so long that he'd started to believe his dutiful performance but the truth was, Jack had never stopped thinking about the one person he'd really fallen deeply in love with, yes love, so long ago on Brokeback Mountain.

Love, is that what it was? Jack felt a hot tingling in his chest and his crotch then his hand moved to the growing bulge in his pants; his face went flush at the very thought of that incredible summer, four years ago when the only thing that mattered was the closeness he and Ennis shared night after night.

The shrill ringing of the telephone caused the blood return to Jack's brain and leaping to his feet, he answered it on the third ring. It was Lureen calling to say that she and the baby would be staying at her folks' home for the night so she wouldn't be seeing Jack before he left on his hunting trip the next day.

8.50pm by Susiebell

Jack picked up the phone almost immediately and called her back, "Hey honey .... me again .... look, I want you to come home, I need you both here with me tonight."

"Well sure honey, if it's that important to you." there was a hint of a smile in her voice, it wasn't very often Jack needed  her, felt kinda nice. "Everythin' alright Jack?"

I might not be coming back .... "Everythin's fine, 'course it is."   Jack sounded a little too casual, "It' just a long trip is all  .... and anythin' could happen .... I could hook a big one and get dragged under ....  hell, I could get killed changing a flat .... just come home Lureen."

Lureen laughed out loud, Jack was always so melodramatic, "I'll be there in an hour .... love you honey".  That would give her just enough time to fix her makeup and comb her silky locks.  She smiled to herself, Lureen Newsome Twist was getting some sweet Jack lovin' tonight.

10:47 p.m.   by Littlewing1957

When Lureen arrived home with young Bobby in her arms, Jack was asleep on the living room couch.  He was fully dressed, though, and looked very appealing with his head nestled on crossed arms.  Lureen tiptoed past him, even though she wanted so much to wake him and kiss his full, sensuous lips.

After placing the baby in his crib, Lureen looked in on a still sleeping Jack and shrugged.  She wondered if she should disturb his rest; after all, he had a long 14 hour drive ahead of him.  Lureen walked into the bedroom and donned her sexiest nightgown.  She dabbed a few drops of Youth Dew behind each ear, and decided to go fetch her husband and bring him to bed.

He looks so peaceful!  Lureen observed as she brushed the hair on his crown.  She increased the rubbing motion until Jack began to stir!  “Ennis?”  He mumbled fitfully, huskily!  Lureen jumped back, hid her hands that suddenly balled into fists!  She turned and stormed into the bedroom, just as Jack’s vision sharpened.  “Lureen, honey, wait!”  He shouted after her and ran to the bedroom door.  The door was locked….

11:00p.m. by Littlewing1957

“Lureen honey, I was having a dream!”  Jack knocked rhythmically on his bedroom door.  “I don’t even know what I said!"  He yelled frantically. "Why are you so mad, Baby?”  Jack listened for some movement behind the closed doors, but there was no sound.  Nothing.  The bedroom seemed quiet as death.  Jack slumped against the locked door and lowered himself to the carpet.

Lureen didn’t know what to think.  Who is this Ennis, and why was Jack calling out for this person?  “Lureen honey, I was having a dream!”  Lureen mocked Jack in her thoughts.  She sat down on her pricey chaise lounge and stared at the locked door.

Jack pulled himself up from the floor and knocked softly.  “Lureen, if you don’t open this door, I’m going to go stay at a motel downtown!"  Jack warned.  “I refuse to be locked out of my bedroom like this…I won’t stand for it.”  No answer!  Jack Twist shot one more plaintive glance at his bedroom door and decided to make good on his threat.  He was all set to leave when he heard the lock turning….

11.10pm by Susie

"Jesus I'm sorry honey, didn't mean nothin' by it."  Jack pleaded, his sad blue eyes piercing right though her.  Lureen was a stubborn woman, and she was no dummy either, something wasn't right, but a single glance from Jack was enough to melt her icy mood, she never could resist those baby blues.

"How sorry?" she teased in her soft girlish voice, flashing her pearly white teeth and stroking her thighs seductively through her lacy negligee, she was a beautiful woman, there was no denying it.

Jack stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her neat little waist, kissing her full red lips, his throbbing member pressed up against her stomach. His fingers gently tickled the small of her back and made their way down over her soft round buttocks, squeezing them playfully.

"Oh, Jack... you have perfect hands..." she uttered, removing one of them from her bottom and placing it over her heaving bosom ... a tiny whimper escaped her lips.

Bobby suddenly let out a wail of protest.  At eight months old, he was still not much of a sleeper.  "Oh Lord"  Lureen grumbled, the familiar, almost painful, tingling in her breasts letting her know that it was time for more milk.  Gathering her baby into her arms and unlacing the top of her night gown, she lay down on the bed and gently put his mouth to her breast.  Jack lay next to them, stroking his beautiful child, who was now suckling contentedly.  " I love you" he whispered, bending down to kiss is son.  "I love you too Jack" his wife replied softly.

11.31pm  by BBM-Cat

Once Bobby was contently asleep and placed back in his crib, Lureen tried to resume where she and Jack had left off. “Now”, smiled Lureen seductively, alone with her man again, “you were ‘bout to show me how sorry you really are….remember?”

“Oooh yeahhh”, Jack feigning amnesia, reached over and tenderly started kissing Lureen all over, starting with her neck, making a litany of mock transgressions.  “Let’s see now, I’m sorry for not helpin’ you make the bed this mornin’”, his lips finding a tender spot on her neck, “uh, for leavin’ my boots out in the middle of the floor”, his lips making their way over to her throat. Lureen giggled with delight. She knew she couldn’t stay mad at Jack for long.

“Yeah, well how ‘bout bein’ sorry for eatin’ the rest of the cereal this mornin’?”, Lureen added playfully. “Oh yeah, I’m real, real darn sorry for that”, Jack tried to sound regretful, taking his hands to open the lacy night gown, revealing the beautiful, womanly curves beneath. “And, I’m espec’lly...”, Jack kissed one breast, “sorry for…..”, then kissed the other, “uh, for, uh,…….uh, gee, I forget…”   “Why, Jack Twist, you cheater!” Lureen uttered teasingly, enjoying his attentions immensely. That word 'cheater' resonated in the back of Jack's mind.

Jack stood up from their playful foray, to face Lureen, all serious now. Tenderly cupping her cheek with his left hand, he looked directly into her eyes, “One thing in all this world that I’m not sorry for is marryin’ you”. Jack almost nearly convinced himself of that. Lureen’s heart leapt as it had done when she first laid eyes on Jack Twist. A passionate sigh escaped her lips and her eyes misted from his sincerity. “And, I know, that you’re the best thing that ever happen’d ta me”. Jack held Lureen close, the twinge of guilt strong in his heart for what he was about to go do.

11:55 pm  by Dagi

Alma was sound asleep, so were the kids, although little Jenny had been coughing heavily until an hour prior.

Ennis sighed, sat down on the sofa with his fourth bottle of beer, and put his feet up onto the old, worn armchair; the relaxed image though was deceiving, he knew he would not be able to fall asleep, so why even try.

The TV provided stunning pictures of a waterfall in Brazil, but they could not compete with the pictures of this beautiful, sexy man that had been haunting him every wake second for weeks now, getting more vivid and seductive by the hour....

September 23rd, alternate version

Late Afternoon by Littlewing1957

Jack was on the road, driving much faster than he should.  He couldn’t help it though; just 12 more hours and he would come face -to -face with Ennis Del Mar.  Just the thought of greeting his old friend was enough motivation for Jack to redline it all the way...that is, if he could get away with it!

Just outside the Texas state border Jack found himself in the middle of a cloud burst.  He adjusted his speed to navigate the slick roads, and glancing up at the heavens, he couldn’t help but think back to one special afternoon up on brokeback,

Jack and Ennis were just finishing a supper of beans and Vienna sausages when they felt the raindrops.  Just a slight drizzle at first, but then the rains came in earnest.  Jack didn’t bother to put out the fire; it would be extinguished in due course.  But he grabbed Ennis by the hand and pulled him into the tent.  Ennis could wait out the rain and then return to the sheep.  Jack sat cross legged on the ground and enjoyed the soft whisper of the raindrops against the shelter.  Ennis chose to stand and peek out at the rain through the tent flap.  After awhile Ennis sat next to Jack, content to be in his presence, grateful to be warm and dry.

Jack beamed at the memory.  He drove in silence, trying to think of a pithy greeting for Ennis.  What to say, what to do?  It was of no consequence.  Jack still had hours to go before reaching Riverton.

A Little Bit Later in the Afternoon  by BBM-Cat

With the idle miles of driving, the thoughts in his head swirled and intensified with each passing hour. What was he doing driving all the way to Riverton, Wyoming? What was he goin’ to say to Ennis? Jack did not have a plan. All he knew was that he needed to reconnect with Ennis. Jack felt oddly detached recently, like an observer in his own life. He was not sure what was real anymore. He just needed to see Ennis. Just needed to hear his voice. To look into his friend’s eyes. ‘That’s all’, he told himself, believing that just seeing his old friend would be his rescue.

While driving in the rain, Jack fantasized that Ennis would be equally glad and excited to see him. It was hard deciphering Ennis’ two-word reply from his postcard. He was supposedly married now. What if over the past four years he had forgotten or dismissed the special time they had shared together on the mountain? Jack recalled returning to Brokeback that following summer, only to discover that Ennis had not. Maybe it was a sign. Maybe Jack was the only one keeping the memory alive. His heart ached to think it could be true. The only person he had ever truly, felt connected with, and the feelings might not even still be there! He had no idea how Ennis would receive him, though he hoped against hope, it was with an embrace.

Jack needed something real right now, he needed something to hold onto. Even if it was just hope. He glanced over at Ennis’ postcard on the passenger seat of the truck, touching it for reassurance. That little bit of hope in the river of despair, was exactly the lifeline propelling Jack Twist along his 14-hour journey north.

Early Evening by Littlewing1957

Along about 4:00p.m., Jack was hungry and exhausted.  He packed a few sandwiches and had a cooler of drinks, but ate all the food miles ago in a fit of nerves.  He still had quite a few hours to go before reaching Riverton, but in addition to being hungry, Jack needed to stretch his legs a bit.  And on top things off, his eyes were blurry from all that squinting through the rain.  Time to stop.

A rest stop was just 2 miles away, according to a billboard Jack passed about 15 minutes ago.  He hated to stop, wanted to make good time to see his friend, but Jack also needed to take care of himself.  Just one more mile and he could take a breather, order a burger, and walk around a bit.

The rain feel in sheets as Jack approached the rest stop.  So much for walking around!  He parked his truck among several other big rigs, campers, pickup trucks, and ran for the tiny diner that was situated right next to an old fashioned filling station.  The diner was practically empty, which suited Jack.  He seated himself and was given a menu by a handsome woman who wore jeans and a t-shirt.  Jack ordered a burger, fries and a coke and looked out the window; took in the scene.  There was not much to see – truckers entering and exiting the area – all trying hard to avoid getting drenched.

The waitress brought Jack’s order and decided to engage him in a little small talk.  He didn’t mind, as it took his thoughts in another direction, comforting him.  He invited the woman to sit with him awhile and shoot the breeze.  It was so good to enjoy a truly decent burger while having pleasant conversation.  Jack felt refreshed as he paid his bill, left a large tip and ran back to his truck.

Evening by Littlewing1957

9 hours down, just 5 more to go before reaching Riverton and Ennis Del Mar.  Jack left the rain behind a half hour ago, and the sunshine that was now beating down on his windshield did much to lighten his mood.  He was no longer terrified of seeing Ennis again, but was becoming rather aroused.

With each passing mile, Jack imagined Ennis Del Mar in various stages of undress.  It was very strange, and so distracting that Jack had to concentrate fully just to keep from wrecking his truck and killing himself in the process.

Another mile and Jack could see Ennis Del Mar, all sprawled out in the nude, beckoning to him, his manhood shooting straight up and quivering.  Jack was having trouble staying on the road.  He reached down and adjusted his own throbbing penis, and shook the image of a naked Ennis out of his mind.  He had to.  But the idea of being in his friend’s arms once again was the impetus he needed to keep on going.  Redline it the rest of the way?  5 more hours and he should reach the Wyoming State line.

Entering Wyoming by BBM-Cat

Closer to Ennis. Jack was feeling better already. Especially after that last rest stop. Everything was coming into sharper focus. The memories of he and Ennis up on Brokeback came flooding back into his mind. Some things he had not thought about since that summer. Nervousness was beginning to be replaced by sheer excitement and sheer arousal. He could see his friend so clearly now. Jack imagined that he could just about smell Ennis too, experience the warmth of his laughter, and those strong arms wrapped around him. The thoughts of being in his friends’ arms again just about sent Jack over the edge, as well as other more intimate thoughts that made him drive faster. But, somehow, Jack had to stay focused for the remainder of the trip.

Jack merged onto I-25, taking him across the Wyoming state line. 'Much too late to turn back now', he chuckled to himself. He had no idea what would transpire in just a few short hours. However, he was feeling much more hopeful than when he'd first started his journey. He could not begin to wrap his mind around the reality of seeing Ennis after all this time. And still, he wondered, how would they behave seeing each other after four, long years?

When he got to Ennis’ place, would they shake hands? Would they even hug? Rip each others' clothes off? Jack couldn't let himself think too long on that last possibility, he just barely had enough blood in his brain to operate the damn truck. He figured he’d just play it safe, taking his cue from Ennis when he saw him. It put Jack in a quandary though to think he might actually have to hold back and restrain himself from touching or hugging his old friend; such a contrast to the deep intimacy they had once shared. Jack was afraid that if he touched Ennis he might not be able to stop himself. ‘Yeah’, Jack entertained, ‘I’ll just plant one on him right in front of the wife!’

The thought of actually meeting Ennis’ wife also kinda terrified him. What was her name again? It was something with an A…like Alice or Annie. What would she be like? Would she be able to see right through him? To read his mind? Jack continued to juggle these thoughts back and forth in his head as he drove; most thoughts were welcome and pleasant, outnumbering a few that were most definitely, unwanted.

September 23rd, Welcome to Wyoming – by garycottle

Ever since he crossed the border Jack had a huge self-satisfied smile all over his face.  In a few short hours he’d finally see Ennis Del Mar.  He’d actually look right at him with his own eyes, rather than merely picture him in his head.  He had built this thing up so much it was hard to believe that his wish was about to come true.

But then he felt a pang and his smile slide into uncertainty.  Jack tried to ignore the feeling, but then a more fierce pang hit him from deep in his gut.  Then he began to feel a churning, agonizing hurt.

“Oh shit, I knew that burger was too greasy!” the young man said out loud.

Jack hurriedly pulled the pickup over to the side of the road, jumped out, and ran toward an Aspin tree.  He had just enough time to be thankful that it was now dark, and that the country road was all but deserted.

When he finished his business he plucked leaves from the tree to clean himself.  All the while he pleaded to the Almighty that a rattler wasn’t about to strike him where the sun don’t shine.  But then he remembered that he hoped that Ennis would want to fool around.  That’s what he was really after.  Yeah, that’s what he wanted.  No sense in lying to himself now.  So the leaves just weren't going to cut it.  He had to find a better way.

He thought he recalled seeing something in the truck that might help, so he stumbled back to his vehicle, not bothering to pull up his pants.  When he got there he rummaged through his duffle until he found his flashlight, and then he started looking around.  He rifled through the glove box, and then he reached his hand way under the passenger side of the seat.  Jack was about to give up, but when he slide his hand over toward the driver’s side his knuckles grazed the item he was looking for.  When he pulled out a box of Bobby’s baby wipes he grinned like a kid in a candy store.

“Thank you, Jesus.”

Jack leaned over the seat and stuck his bum way into the air so he could get one of the wipes in real deep.  I want to be fresh as a daisy back there for my friend, he thought to himself.  He was beginning to enjoy the simulation, and he allowed his mind to drift back to a time when Ennis had free rein over this part of his body.  But it was right at this moment that the deserted country road wasn’t so deserted anymore.  A car came around the bend, and it’s high beams struck the boy right on his upturned, lily-white tail.  It happened so fast that Jack didn’t have time to react.  He just stared into the light like an animal caught in a trap.

The car contained the Reynolds family, and they were on their way back home to Riverton after spending some time at Grandma’s house.

The little boy in the backseat sat bolt upright and asked with great eagerness, “What’s that man doin’, Mama?”

“Never you mind, son.  Just look away.  That’s what the Lord would want,” she said as confidently as she could.  Then the woman said a little silent prayer.

Mr. Reynolds’ mouth tightened until his lips all but disappeared.  “Probably one of those crazy hippies we been hearin’ about on the TV doin’ somethin’ perverted.”

Mrs. Reynolds said, “Should we stop somewhere and call the law.”  Her voice quivered with uncertainty.

“I should stop and kick that boy’s behind is what I should do,” replied Mr. Reynolds.

September 24th

1:30 a.m.
by Littlewing

Jack couldn’t stop shaking.  It was not the sadness of his life, but the thought of meeting Ennis Del Mar that made him tremble.  Jack was a mess!  He found himself out on his back porch, but didn’t know how he got there!  He looked at the window of his bedroom and wondered how he got up without waking Lureen and the baby.  The cool of the evening reminded him of the calm before dawn up on brokeback.  The thought of his favorite place on earth steeled him.  He found his courage once more and entered his home.  Almost time to go!

2:47a.m.  by Littlewing1957

Jack Twist lay in his bed, sandwiched between his wife and son.  Little Bobby was asleep, his chest heaving against Jack’s side.  He patted his son’s tiny head as he looked upon his wife.  She was snuggled up against him, breathing calmly; not a care in the world.  Jack ran a finger through her silky auburn hair.  “It’s not you..”  He whispered to his sleeping spouse as he thought of Ennis Del Mar: the true love of his life.  If everything was to go as planned, he could leave Lureen, someone he can live with, for Ennis, the one person he can’t live without.  If Ennis said the word, Jack wouldn’t be back.  The prospect of living the sweet life with Ennis both terrified and excited him.  But what of Lureen and Bobby?  Jack had it all figured out.  Just a few hours more, and the second half of his life could begin…

2:49 a.m.  by Littlewing1957

Ennis sat up on his lumpy mattress and looked at the battery powered clock on his bureau.  2:49 a.m.!  He was bone weary, but was too hyper to sleep.  The thought of Jack’s visit had him climbing the walls.  Alma didn’t stir, couldn’t image his torment.  She slept soundly, curled up on her side of the warm bed.  He thought about getting a beer to calm his nerves, but thought better of it.  He wouldn’t show up for work tomorrow; he couldn’t.  It was all arranged.  No way could Ennis do an honest day’s work agonizing about Jack driving all the way from Texas to see him.  Ennis had to will himself to sleep, nerves be damned!  It wouldn’t do to be too dang tired to welcome his friend.  When Alma stirred a bit, Ennis pulled her close in an effort to calm himself.  The feel of her supple body somehow mellowed him and he was able to sleep…

6:49 a.m. by Toycoon

The hot steam wafting off of the asphalt blurred the horizon line where the gray of the road met the azure of the Texas sky; Jack kept his eyes on the highway but his mind was on the postcard laying on the front seat beside him and it's remittor.

"What's Ennis gonna look like? It's been four years since we seen each other, he was gettin' married last time I seen 'im, wonder if he's changed?" pondered Jack, his mind going in several directions.

The lack of sleep began to catch up to Jack so he switched on the radio and turned the sound up. "I'm goin' up on Heartbreak Mountain, 'cause I've lost my will to live...." warbled Buck Owens over the airwaves; Jack turned the radio off then rolled down the window for some fresh air.

8:13 am by Dagi

Ennis knew he had been in the shower too long, his skin wrinkly, the room filled with hot steam, the water about to get lukewarm, but he didn't want to get out into the cold reality of the apartment.

The memory of Jack's hands, lathering him after a long day with the sheep, until he came all over Jack's lap, this memory had been enough to bring him over the edge, tilting his head back and moaning out loud – he was sure Alma had heard it, and the thought of what she might think of him jerking off in the shower made his cheeks get even redder.

He still tried to calm his breath and  rubbed his right eye with the ball of his hand. “Jack.” he whispered, savoring the name like a ripe, sweet fruit, running his tongue over his wet lips. “Jack..........Jack...........Jack."

11:30 a.m. by Littlewing1957

Alma sat by herself at the kitchen table, nursing a lukewarm mug of coffee.  She just a moment ago cleared the breakfast dishes, washed them, put them back in the cupboard.  The girls were down for a nap, but where was Ennis?  Alma didn’t have the energy to go look for him.  He was probably downstairs, sitting on a wobbly chair in the Laundromat.  Alma noticed her husband sitting downstairs in the Laundromat on several occasions, staring at the dryer and it's revolving motion, watching as it tousled clothes round and round.  Alma’s heart sank when she saw her husband sitting there, all alone, invariably holding a cold bottle of beer.  If only he could talk to her, tell her all about it.

Ennis sat and watched a dryer turn.  He was not alone, but was in the company of a stout, older woman sporting a burgundy beehive, and wearing a green shirtwaist dress.  Ennis noticed earlier the woman reduced to washing clothes with face soap.  "That poor lady," Ennis thought as he watched the woman break off pieces of Ivory soap and throw them in the washer.  “Someone poorer than me!"

Jack should be along at any time!  The very thought of seeing Jack again both excited and terrified Ennis.  He would go back up to the apartment in a bit, but for the time being, he was content to sit on the white plastic chair in the Laundromat, savor the peace of noisy machinery.  When he was ready for another beer, he would return home.  He would go home and wait.  Wait for Jack Twist.

Late Afternoon by Littlewing1957

“He won’t show!”  Ennis moaned as he sat on the window seat, just in front of the massive living room window.  He was downing beer after beer in an effort to control his nerves.  It didn’t work.  Time for another beer just to ease the hysteria that Jack changed his mind.  Ennis walked past Alma into the kitchen for another brew.  Whiskey would have worked wonders, but he made a point to keep the hard stuff out of the apartment.

Alma made some remark about taking Jack to the Knife and Fork, which Ennis promptly vetoed.  There was no way he would share Jack Twist with his wife – no fuckin’ way!  Ennis lit another cig and sat down on his couch.  He tried to keep from shaking, and soon his nervousness gave way to despair.  When did Jack say he would arrive?  Jack didn’t say, really.  He laid his head back up against the couch and half heard Alma coaxing their daughter to finish her supper.  One last bite and Alma Jr. ran past him into her room.  And just then, Ennis heard it!  He heard the sound of a truck approaching the parking lot.

Ennis was up almost before he realized it.  He didn’t even see his wife as he dashed past her and pulled the apartment doors open!  Ennis felt a mixture of relief, arousal, and deep affection as he stood on the landing and beheld his friend.  “He looks like a million bucks!”  Ennis thought as he shouted,

“Jack Fuckin’ Twist…..”

4.15pm by spiceylife

“If he shows.”

He’ll show.  Sure he will.  Jack Twist’s a man of his word, I know that much.  He’ll come.  Won’t he?

His nerves were almost shot.  The waiting was so hard.

Feel like a kid at Christmas waitin’ ta open the presents.  Jesus, hurry Jack…

He lit up another smoke, his twentieth for the day, and flicked the cheap, plastic lighter - on, off, on, off – his leg bouncing up and down with nervous tension…fiery anticipation at seeing that handsome face again, that ready smile….

What’ll I do?  Will I kiss him?  Like I used ta?  Sweetest lips I ever seen, ever tasted.  Or felt.  Ah, fuck, Del Mar!  You ain’t gonna kiss him!  Whatcha thinkin, ya damn fool?  Christ!  Kiss another man out in public?  Christ, anyone could see us, and no tellin what they’d fuckin do!  Ain’t gonna risk Alma seein’ us, no way.  No, ya ain’t kissin Jack here.  That ain’t gonna happen.  Save it for later, Del Mar.

He grabbed another icy beer from the fridge, his eighth for the day, and gulped down most of it in one hit, trying to ease his frayed emotions.

When he gets here, I’ll jes’ walk down those stairs and slap him on the back a few times, just like I do with the other ranch hands when I ain’t seen ‘em in a while.  That’s it.  That’s what I’m gonna do.  Slap his back and say ‘How ya doin’, bud?  How ya been?’   Jes like that.  Like normal.  Two guys smoochin each other?  No way.  I can stand it ‘til later.  I ain’t kissin’ Jack out in the street.

He drained the rest of the amber fluid from the bottle as his mind drifted away, slowly filling with precious, secret, tightly-held memories of big teeth and full, curved lips, of dark hair and broad shoulders, of large, rough hands and tight denim and eyes that knew him so well…

The wind swirled and twisted, blowing fiercely in the street below as the sound of a pickup drew closer.

A Few Minutes Later by Littlewing1957

Jack looked up toward the landing and felt his face break into a grin.  Ennis Del Mar!  Just look at the man!  As sexy and tasty as ever!  Jack noticed how Ennis dressed up to greet him.  A nice white shirt, newly pressed, and hair neatly trimmed.  Yes, that Ennis Del Mar looks like a million bucks.

“Son of a bitch!”  Jack murmured as he took the steps 2 and 3 at a time.  Just a few seconds and the lovers crashed into each other chests first, warmly embracing.  Ennis looked around to see if they had some measure of privacy, and inched Jack under the stairs.  Jack was rather shocked at Ennis’ spontaneous motion, but he allowed himself to be led.  And they kissed.  They kissed and tongued wildly at first, then gentled and rubbed.  Ennis looked upon his man and nuzzled him, whispered “later,” as he walked up the steps to his apartment.  Jack followed warily, aware that it was time to meet the wife.

After the introductions, and after the small talk about the kids, Ennis and Jack took their leave of a dazed and conflicted Alma to find a motel…

September 24th: Third Party by BBM-Cat

She fixed her hair, put on a dab of lip color, and one of her better dresses to meet Ennis’ friend from Texas; a reddish-orange, one-piece knit, matching the reddish highlights in her hair. It was also a bit clingy, showcasing her feminine breasts. Alma was very excited to think they were going on a social outing, and with a Texas gentleman. She couldn’t remember the last time she and Ennis had gone out together, much less taken a guest out to eat. She planned to suggest the Knife and Fork to Ennis.

Alma thought Ennis was behaving particularly nervous. She’d never seen him down so many beers and chain-smoke in such a short period of time. He sat staring out the window as if compelling his friend to materialize. Alma realized she didn’t know much about Ennis’ friend. She wanted to ask Ennis, but he didn’t look like he wanted to be bothered with a bunch of questions or with small-talk. He was also getting rather drunk. The afternoon dragged on. Jenny was getting hungry. It didn’t look like Ennis’ friend Jack was going to show after all. By late afternoon, her suggestion of going to the Knife and Fork was rejected.

Alma felt rejected too. She finished feeding the last bites of Jenny’s dinner at the table. She was silently brooding about not getting to go out. It seemed things always had to be Ennis’ way. Just in case, Alma decided not to change out of her dress so that she could still look her best if Ennis’ friend arrived. And maybe Ennis would change his mind. Alma got up to clear the dishes from the table. She heard Ennis jump up and bolt out of the apartment door. Alma thought that maybe she too should go outside to greet Ennis’ friend, though it was certainly more proper to bring a guest to the door.

Alma put the last of the dishes in the sink and dried her hands on a kitchen towel. Making her way over to the apartment door, she wondered why Ennis had not yet brought his friend up to meet her. She opened the inner door of the apartment, expecting to see Ennis barging up the steps with his friend, or to hear their boisterous greetings. Instead, it was strangely quiet. She put her hand on the screen door. She stopped suddenly, after pushing it open with a slight creak.

Completely stunned, Alma could see Ennis in the far stairwell with a man in a red shirt. A cowboy hat lay on the ground. They were pressed up tightly against each other, Ennis' shirt untucked, hands touching each other's faces, kissing passionately. She didn’t want to look, but at the same time, she couldn’t tear her eyes away. She wasn’t exactly sure what she saw. She knew she didn't want them to see her. Alma thought that maybe if she crept back quietly into the apartment, the images would go away, though the sudden sickening feeling in the pit of her stomach did not.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 04:38:11 am by Dagi »

Dagi

« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2007, 04:20:24 am »
Rise and Shine by Susie

Ennis woke early, narrow beams of light shining through the seams of the tent. He quietly rose, headed out into the crisp morning, relieved himself, and leaned up against a rock. It was going to be a perfect day for sure, cold as ice, the sky crystal clear, the air silent and still.

He could hear Jack yawning and slowly emerging, sleepy eyed, from the tent. Damn, he's so fuckin' beautiful. The effects were immediate, the swelling in his shorts instantanious, he couldn't help but smile. "Hey there little darlin'" He watched Jack rubbing his eyes and stretching his arms above his head. Ennis pulled him up against the rock and kissed him, breathing in his sweet musky scent.

Jack, still sleep clogged, felt his jeans dropping to the ground, same direction Ennis was heading. The intense pleasure of Ennis's warm mouth around him, sliding smoothly back and forth, the low moan at the back of his throat, was enough to send Jack over the edge, coming in hot, delicious waves. He knelt down to meet Ennis face to face, "Mornin' to you too, bud" and with a sleepy grin whispered "Stand up, it's your turn now".

Five Minutes by Susiebell and Dagi

" Where the hell did I put them??" Jack, naked as the day he was born was crawling on the cold floor in front of Ennis, searching for his socks under the bed, providing a stunning view of his bare ass with those three little moles that formed a perfect triangle on the left cheek, and his low hanging velvet balls, making Ennis's mouth get all dry and his eyes dark with.......that couldn't be, not so soon after they had just .....Ennis shook his head and tried to get his focus back on the buttons of his shirt.

"Hmmmm.... seems I'm losing my touch, cowboy." Jack sighed, glancing back at Ennis, "... was a time when you couldn't keep yer hands off me...." he continued, playfully wiggling his backside.

"Listen here Rodeo" Ennis said, slapping his behind firmly, "Your momma's serving supper up at the house right now.  What do you suppose she's gonna say when she comes lookin' for us and finds me fuckin' your pretty little ass?"

Jack stood up with a sigh and turned around, smiling his most tempting smile while running his knowing fingers along Ennis's back and around his waist.  He brushed his lover's neck with his lips and whispered in a seductive undertone "She'd never dare come down to the cabin...... even my mom has some imagination, she was the one who ordered the kingsize bed for us in the first place!"

Ennis felt himself giving in, the smell of sex still in the air, Jack's naked flesh pressed up along the full length of his body, firm cock swollen and pulsating against his backside.  Trying to regain his composure, he laughed nervously and wrestled himself out of Jack's grip, "Jack, supper'll be on the table in five minutes!  Your momma's probably worked real hard on it.  You wanna eat cold food?"

"Five minutes?...."  Jack smiled mischievously, "....could do a lot in five minutes!"   

Ennis laughed out loud. "Five minutes? Last time you needed a little more time to get off..............seems I'm losing my touch, too, huh?" he added with a grin.

"That a challenge?" Jack looked Ennis in the eye, serious now, and began to stroke his own member in slow,  determined movements, but shook his head "no" when his lover wanted to come nearer. "Don't you touch me........just look at me.........I'll show you how much you turn me on just looking at me......"

"You know what Jack...."  Ennis slumped back down on the corner of the bed, tears suddenly pricking his eyes, "I can't believe I nearly gave this all up .... nearly gave you up".

Jack stopped what he was doing and knelt in front of his lover, caressing his face and wiping away a stray tear with his thumb, "But I never gave up on us Ennis ... and look at us now .... we got it all ... a home of our own, little cow and calf operation ...."  Jack smiled lovingly, ".... and a momma who's gonna be after our butts if we don't get over there in..." glancing at his watch, " .... 3 minutes!"

"I love you Ennis Del Mar, don't ever forget that..."  Jack whispered, gathering Ennis up into his arms and kissing him softly.   

Ennis took Jack's hand, put it back on his member and said, grinning through tears: " Love you too, Jack fuckin´ Twist - and now you better get started, before your time's up!"

Tickling Daniel Again by garycottle

Daniel and Tyler were sitting in the back of Ennis’s pickup, which was parked in a wooded area by a stream just outside of Riverton.  Their backs were against the cab, and their behinds rested on Ennis’s bedroll.  They had been laying down and kissing in the bed of the truck a few moments earlier, but during an easy lull they sat up to catch their breath.  They held hands as they gazed straigt ahead at the sylvan setting.

“What did Granddad want?” Tyler asked.

“He wanted to know if I loved you.”

“Is that all?”

“That’s all.”

“Did he say anything about you being stripped down to your underwear.”

“Only that I don’t have anything he’s not seen before.  Oh, and he called me ‘little darlin’.”

“Really?  I’ve never heard him call anybody that except for my mom and my aunt.”

“What’s his story?” Daniel asked with a strange seriousness.

“There’s not much to tell.  Things didn’t work out between him and my Grandma, so they got divorced.  Granddad has kept to himself mostly ever since.”

“You never asked him about his past?” Daniel said, clearly a little hurt by Tyler’s lack of interest in Ennis’s life.

“Granddad doesn’t say much.”

“Tyler, just because someone is quiet doesn’t mean they don’t have anything to say.  You should talk to him.”

“What makes you think there’s anything for him to tell?”

“I don’t know.  There’s just something there that he needs to get off his chest.  It’s like he’s got a great big hole that needs to be filled.”

“Oh yeah,” Tyler said teasingly.  “I know someone else who has a hole that needs to be filled.”

With that said Tyler got up and placed his knees on either side of Daniel’s hips and began to tickle the kid.  When Daniel started begging for mercy between giggles, Tyler sat back and began to undo his jeans.  The mischievous smile slipped away and was replaced by an expression of need.

“Can you curl your tongue around it like you did the last time?” he asked.

As Daniel got going the wet, smacking sounds became louder, and this was mixed with the sound of Daniel’s throaty grunts and moans.  Tyler was sure you could hear the sounds a mile away, and the thought of that only caused his boner to get that much harder.  He began to rock back and forth, slowly at first, but then more intensely, pushing himself deeper into Daniel’s mouth.

As he did this he threw his head up and arched his back, allowing air to escape from the pit of his lungs.  When he released he grabbed hold of Daniel’s ears and became even more forceful.

The riffs of ecstacy were quickly replaced by pangs of guilt, for Tyler had never done that before.  He had never let himself go without warning Daniel first, and he had never forced himself in deeper.  So he withdrew and gazed down at his friend with wide, shameful eyes, and he was shocked to see how red Daniel’s face was, and how he was panting for breath, and how the fluids he had just deposited were leaking out of the corner of Daniel’s pretty mouth and tears were rolling down his cheeks.

“I’m sorry.”  He bent down so he could be closer to Daniel.  “I’m sorry.  I’m sorry.  I’m sorry,” he said over and over again as he gently kissed the boy’s flushed face streaked with moisture, tasting himself in the process.

Daniel managed to laugh just a little, and with a longsuffering tone he said, “It’s okay.  That was hot, in a brutal sort of way.”

The boys slid down so they could lay together on the bedroll.  Tyler took Daniel into his arms and said, “You get to me, buddy.  Makes me go crazy sometimes.”

Daniel softly stroked Tyler’s hair and rejoined, “It really is okay, Ty.  I don’t mind.  In a strange way I liked it.”

Tyler was very tender and soothing for a long time, and the two fell into a comfortable silence.  Eventually he was confident that he had been forgiven, so he dared to pull back and taunt, “So what do you think Granddad made of your little, girly shorts?”

“Shut up,” Daniel said.  “I should have told him you were the one that gave them to me.”

“Hey, I was tired of seeing you in those boring things your mom buys for you.”

“Would you wear underwear I bought for you, even if they weren’t exactly manly?”

Tyler patted Daniel’s slight, boyish chest and said, “With pride, Danny.  With pride.”  And then he got up on his elbow and with a big smile he said, “Take your pants off so I can do the other end.  And I promise not to be so mean this time.”

With surprise in his voice Daniel said, “Won’t Ennis want his truck back?  And won’t your mom be coming after us soon?”

“Mom and Granddad might like a chance to visit for a little while.  Maybe she’ll ask him about his past, since you think it’s so important.”

Daniel took hold of Tyler’s arm and said, “No Tyler, I want you to ask him about that.”

Tyler rolled his eyes in mock annoyance and said, “Okay, okay.  I’ll talk to him.  But first I want to see you in those skimpy, powder blue shorts, and then I want to see you out of them.”

Dagi

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2007, 08:19:59 am »
September 1st, 9:01a.m. by Littlewing1957

Mr. Newsome usually left the running of the business to his staff, but this morning he wanted to attend to a very special customer: a wealthy rancher and merchant who used Newsome’s exclusively for his tractor and combine needs.  Mr. Newsome walked through the door of his business and noticed Jack Twist, his only combine salesman, alone at his desk.  Jack looked up from a few papers he was sorting to offer his father-in-law a half smile.

“Morning, Pops Newsome!  Didn’t expect you to be in today.” Jack remarked absently.

Jack became accustomed to Old Man Newsome’s tendency to show up at any time, and was always on his toes in case he needed to “pass inspection.”  Mr. Newsome threw a glance at his son-in-law, but didn’t return the greeting.

“Is Mr. Blair here yet?”  Mr. Newsome blurted out as he moved past Jack and swaggered down the hallway.  Jack didn’t even have a chance to answer, as his father-in-law was already inside his office, the door closed behind him.

“I’m really sick of that old blowhard!”  Jack thought bitterly as he took a seat behind his desk.  And just as he was about to file away a few invoices, Mr. Blair walked into Newsome’s and offered Jack a warm smile.

“He in?”  Mr. Blair asked Jack, pointing his finger down the hall toward Mr. Newsome’s office.

“Sure is!”  Jack answered.  “Go right on down.  He’s expecting you.”

Jack watched as Mr. Blair walked down the hall to meet with Old Man Newsome.  He observed Mr. Blair walking with a slight limp.  Jack remembered that Old Man Blair used to ride the bulls in his younger days.  Jack liked Mr. Blair, and often traded rodeo riding lies with him.

“Jack, bring me a bill of sale, pronto!”  It was Mr. Newsome, as abrasive and condescending as ever.   “I’ve run out.  And Jack, get a move on.  Mr. Blair ain’t got all day.”

Jack snatched up a stack of papers and moved toward his father-in-law’s office.  He could hear the 2 men laughing and when he heard his name mentioned, he stopped.  Jack tiptoed to Mr. Newsome’s office and put an ear to the door.

“That son-in-law of yours seems like a good old boy,” Mr. Blair remarked.  Jack smiled and continued listening.

“Naw, he’s a bit of a pansy and I think he’s ruining my little girl’s life.  You know Paul, just between the 2 of us, I would give that man a sizeable sum just to go somewhere, anywhere!”

Jack almost dropped the papers he was holding.  He was not hurt, as he knew his father-in-law loathed him.  Jack knocked on the door and entered.  Mr. Blair averted his eyes, while Mr. Newsome held out a hand to accept the bills of sale that Jack handed him.  No, Jack wasn’t hurt, but felt hopeful.  He walked to his desk and looked for a postcard…

Dagi

September 24th - after The Kiss
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2007, 04:47:40 am »
On the Way by Dagi

Jack steered and shifted with his left hand, not willing to let go of Ennis's hand, now that he finally got hold of him.

They didn't utter a word, what just had happened was beyond talking, they merely shot quick glances at each other, moaning low each time they locked eyes, impossible to ignore the hot jolts running through their bodies, their rock hard cocks speaking volumes.

Ennis shivered, squeezed Jack's fingers hard, then brought them to his lips and kissed them tenderly.

September 24th ... The Siesta Motel by Susiebell

It was turning dark by the time they reached the Siesta Motel.  Jack quickly paid cash for a room and they drove round in silence to the front door.  Ennis went in first, Jack was to wait five minutes before joining him.   He paced up and down impatiently, stomach getting tighter by the minute, nerves on edge, tingling in anticipation.

He jumped at the sound of the door handle turning, striding across the carpet, grabbing Jack by the hand and dragging him into the room.  “Just gotta get my bag”, Jack laughed, his arm almost pulled out of its socket, overjoyed that Ennis’ was as desperate for him as he was for Ennis.

Slamming the door behind him, Ennis pushed Jack up against it and with a ferocious hunger, their mouths came together, tongues battling their way in, bodies pressed up against each other, hips grinding hard, almost painful.  No time for polite conversation, Ennis was already grappling with the fly on Jack’s jeans, Jack reciprocating, both quickly sliding them off, along with their boots and kicking them across the floor.  Ennis tugged at Jack’s shirt, lifting it up and over his head, getting caught up in Jack’s arms, no time to free him, pinning his arms over his head with one hand, rubbing the other over Jack’s swollen aching member.

Shocked and overwhelmed at the onslaught, at the sheer physical strength of his lover, Jack’s head fell back against the door, powerless to move, moaning, unable to utter a word.  He suddenly found himself flipped around to face the door, Ennis’ tongue licking a line up his spine, round the back of his ear, in his ear, his legs prised apart, Ennis thrusting hard into him, in and out, reaching around, grasping him firmly, matching the rhythm with his hand, in and out; both minds spinning out of control, panting, crying out, coming hard, sweaty bodies collapsing onto the floor, gasping for air.

Jack, catching his breath, turned to face his lover, cradling Ennis’ face in his hands, the first chance he’d had to look at him properly, drinking in the fair weatherworn skin, beautiful sad brown eyes, swollen pink mouth.  He brought Ennis’ lips close, kissed them softly and murmured, “I missed you....”

September 24th ... The Siesta Motel - moments later  by Susiebell

Ennis took a few moments to recover, gradually getting the feeling back in his body, becoming increasingly aware of the draft under the door and the overall cold temperature of the room.

“I’m freezin’ my ass off here, let’s get into bed”, he complained, clambering to his feet and offering Jack a helping hand. Jack stood next to him, leaning back against the door, still a little out of breath, chuckling, “Don’t think I can make it to the bed.... legs not working!”

“You’re an old lady, Jack! Here.... give me your arm.” Ennis placed it over his shoulder and with one quick manoeuvre, had Jack hoisted up and over his back, butt sticking up in the air.

“Nice view!” he laughed, using his free hand to administer a sharp slap across Jack’s naked behind.

“Ouch! Not too bad down here, either!” came the voice from below, Jack’s face just inches from Ennis’ butt.

Ennis marched him over to the bed, and dropped him carelessly onto the mattress. Jack laughed, picking up the covers and starting to cosy up under them, only to have them immediately yanked off again. Ennis climbed on top of him, pinning him to the bed, running his hands admiringly over his fine muscular form, “I’m not finished with you yet, Jack Twist.... I'm just getting warmed up!”

September 24th Night by Littlewing1957

Jack held Ennis tightly, possessively, and kissed his hair.  He couldn’t believe that the two of them would get into the act of making love again, but hell, why not?  Jack felt mighty guilty about cheating on Lureen, and knew that Ennis certainly felt the same toward Alma, but what was so wrong about seeking out the one person he loved above all others?  If anything, they were cheating on each other with the wives.  Jack pulled Ennis closer, no longer conflicted that he was finally where he belonged.

Ennis caressed the tan arm that held him.  He brought Jack’s fingers to his mouth, and kissed them one by one.  He tried to make peace with what they just did, but Ennis was having trouble.  He realized for the first time in four years that he shouldn’t have let Jack Twist out of his sight for one minute.  Why shouldn’t he agree to be with the one he loved more than life itself?  If only for a moment?  Ennis was glad that Jack was there, he actually made it, but he couldn’t stay.

“Let’s get out of here and go up to the mountains!”  Jack suggested as he kissed Ennis’ cheek.  He thought back to 15 minutes ago when Ennis felt doubtful about his plans.  Jack was deflated to learn that it wouldn't be easy to pry his lover away from Alma.  But Jack had a plan.

“Call your wife and tell her we’re going up to the wilderness for awhile.” Ennis blew out a cloud of air and shook his head.

“I just can’t leave them on such short notice!”  Ennis objected as he squeezed Jack’s clammy hand.  Jack rubbed against his lover and pulled his head close.  He inched his tongue into Ennis’ mouth, French kissing him until Ennis moaned and thrashed.  Ennis tried to catch his breath as picked up the motel room phone and dialed the number to his apartment.  Jack struggled to contain his excitement as he heard Ennis tell Alma that he would be home directly, and that he planned to go away with his friend for a few days….

September 24th, Later than Night by Littlewing1957

Alma looked crestfallen as Ennis led Jack out of the apartment.  Ennis couldn’t allow himself to hear her misery voice, or look into those big brown eyes.  Too much pain and confusion there.  Ennis hated to hurt his wife, but Jack Twist was in town, and he was waiting.

“You want to get something to eat?”  It was Jack, assuming Ennis was hungry after the episode of loving.  Even their conversation was trying, exhausting!  Ennis deserved a good meal – they both did.

“Yep!”  Ennis answered as he placed his gear into the bed of Jack’s truck.

Black Angus was one of Jack’s favorite middle-of-the-road eateries.  Ennis never set foot in the place, and all because of the price.  He couldn’t afford to treat his family to a steak dinner at a nice restaurant.  Jack recommended Black Angus not only because of the food, but the booths were cleverly constructed to ensure privacy.  Each booth was secluded from the others.  It was just what Jack wanted.

Jack ordered the baby back ribs, while Ennis selected prime rib of beef.  Ennis’ meal was the pricier of the two, but Jack instructed his lover to order whatever he wanted.  Ennis smiled at his friend’s generosity and waited eagerly for his prime rib.  When the meals were delivered, Jack rolled up his red sleeves and popped a crisp French fry into his mouth.  Ennis cut a piece of steak and fat and moved it toward Jack’s mouth.  Jack ate the steak with gusto; as it was marvelous.  He was instantly sorry that he didn’t order prime rib for himself.  Ennis watched as Jack cut a rib from the slab, and in one motion, slid the rib into this mouth.  He slowly pulled the rib down through his lips, smacking on the bone and licking at the sauce.  Ennis looked around to see who else was observing this show, but the booths were quite secluded.  Jack’s actions with the rib reminded Ennis of his expert motions between his legs just hours ago.  Ennis wondered if his flesh was as savory as the meaty rib?  If his juices were as sweet?  Ennis was having trouble eating.  He couldn’t concentrate with a sexy Jack Twist sitting beside him, doing naughty things with his food.  Jack must have felt the same way.

“Let’s have the waitress wrap this up for us, friend,”  Jack muttered.  “We can eat it later.  I need you.  Jack didn’t have to ask twice.  Ennis jumped from his seat and went in search of the waitress..

To be continued

Dagi

More Halloween Stories
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2007, 04:44:21 pm »
The Fortune Teller by Susie

Mr and Mrs Del Mar were enjoying a rare day off.  A trip to the state fair was in order, but with their youngest son running a temperature, it looked like the day out was about to be cancelled.

Their daughter stepped in at the last minute, "You go Momma and Daddy, I'll watch over the boys for you.  Ennis will be just fine, you'll see!  We can all go together next year."

"Well if you're sure honey"  Mrs Del Mar answered reluctantly.

The sun was shining, the smell of fresh donuts, hotdogs and cotton candy wafted through the air.  As they strolled arm in arm past Madame Mystique's tent, draped with oriental scarves, the heady scent of incense filling their nostrils, Mrs Del Mar made a sudden detour through the tent opening.

"Come on Willard, let's see what the future has in store for us".

"Load of balony Minnie, but if it makes you happy...and it keeps you quiet".  Mr Del Mar looked doubtful as he followed her into the tent.

"Madame, Monsiour, pleez take a seet", a wild haired, kind faced old woman gestured from across the table, her gaze fixed firmly on the crystal ball in front of her.

"You cross my palm weeth seelver pleez" she held out her hand and waited for the sound of clinking coins.

"Aarr, I zee cheeldren .... your leetle boy, ee is afraid, you must care for 'im, zer weell be much sadness in 'is life..."

"What a crock!" blurted out Mr Del Mar.

"Ee 'as suffered much terror already, somezing you 'ave shown to 'im, yes?"

"That little sissy!  Needs to learn to be a man .... I'll beat it out of him if I have to!"

"'You are a bad man ... I curse you!" she let out a squeal, and pushed away from the table,  "Enough, I cannot 'elp you anymore, you must go!"

Mr and Mrs Del Mar stood up, a little startled by her reaction.  "Gimme that..."  Willard grumbled, picking up his two quarters and turning to leave.

The old woman grabbed his hand, moved her face in close, and whispered menacingly in his ear "........ beware ze bend in ze road" and ushered them out of the tent.

"Damn crazy lady" he muttered, marching towards the exit, "Come on Minnie, we're leaving!".  Mrs Del Mar reluctantly followed her husband.  She wasn't ready to go yet, but she could tell by the tone of his voice that his mind was made up.

The journey home wasn't pleasant, the weather had taken a sudden turn for the worse and rain was lashing down onto the truck.  The wiper blades were at full speed but it was still almost impossible to see in front of them.  Mr Del Mar remained haunted by the old woman's voice, her threatening words.

Suddenly, through the mist and rain, her face came into focus, drifting towards the windshield, disembodied, eyes wild, teeth bared, her voice echoing around them  ".... beware ze bend in ze road .... beware ze bend in ze road".

Blood curdling screams filled the air.  Mr Del Mar threw one arm protectively around his wife, the other, shielding his face ..... the tires skidded, sending the truck spinning over the embankment, and disappearing into the darkness......  All was silent ....

From Beyond by Littlewing1957

Ennis sat at his small table and poured over the bills.  He made a pile of bills to get in the mail right away, and a pile for those that could be paid later.  His heat was turned off for lack of payment, and Ennis sat huddled in blankets to keep warm.  Late October, and while not exactly freezing, it was cold outside.  It was cold inside, as well.  The bills all sorted, Ennis pulled the blankets tightly across his shoulders.  He was almost accustomed to the loneliness, but this night he experienced an almost unknown feeling: one of fear.

Ennis didn’t know why he was so afraid.  He listened to the night.  All quiet; too quiet.  Except for the wind.  To Ennis the wind didn’t count – it was always raging, rattling his trailer.  The wind was so familiar that he often ignored it, took the hissing for granted.  But not this night.  KNOCK!  There, he heard it!  Ennis jumped at the sound of a knock at his door.  He wasn’t expecting anyone.  Ennis moved to his front door on wary feet.  KNOCK KNOCK!  Again, Ennis heard it.

“Who is it?”  Ennis bellowed against the sound of the wind, hoping that whomever, whatever was outside could hear him.  No answer.  No knocking sound, either.  He shrugged and turned away from his door.  KNOCK!  Again, a rap at his door - disembodied -chilling!  Ennis couldn’t hear the footsteps of a visitor for the volume of the wind.  He rushed to the door and flung it open.  No one there.  Nothing but the dust, the inky dark, the wind.  The road was a vacant strip.  Ennis closed the door.  Turning to prepare for bed, he felt it.  A gossamer breath on his neck, a tiny tap on his shoulder.  He turned on a dime, terrified now.  No one in back of him.  His door was shut tight and locked.  No one could have come in; no one walked past him.  Ennis stood very still, hoped he wouldn’t be sick.  He knew he wasn’t alone, sensed an entity standing right in front of him.  The “thing” stood between Ennis and his front door.  No other way out of the trailer.  A familiar smell, that of sweat and aftershave, a manly scent that Ennis recognized.  He knew who had come to call.

“I don’t want you here, Jack fucking Twist!”  Ennis shouted at the empty space right in front of him.  In his heart he knew that Jack had come to him, but his mind couldn’t fully grasp what he felt in his heart.  Ennis was not prepared to see Jack.  Hell, he couldn’t see him.  But Jack could be felt: a coldness that chilled him to the bone.

“Please Jack!”  Ennis, almost hysterical now.  “Not now!  Not like this!”  Ennis fell to his knees.  And what happened next Ennis preferred to classify as a dream.  He thought he heard a gasp, a heartbroken sigh.  Just as quickly, the entity was gone.  Ennis eased his way toward his window and glanced outside.  He thought he saw a vague, shadowy hearse floating down the narrow strip of road….

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 05:03:02 pm by Dagi »

Dagi

More Halloween Stories
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2007, 04:46:21 pm »
The Legend of Georgina Bolton by garycottle   13. October 2007

This was to be a short camping trip soon after the harvest moon, only five days, so the boys had agreed to stick fairly close to Riverton.  Thus their time together in the wilds of Wyoming were maximized.  And since Ennis was so close to his home turf, he found himself leading the way most of the time.  He’s the one that showed Jack the stream in which they were sure to catch fish.  He was the one that walked ahead as they navigated nearly invisible mountain passes, ones that led to valleys dotted with broad meadows that were perfect for setting up camp.

They had been out hunting elk on the third day when the boys noticed that the sky was turning dark and the wind was picking up.  If they didn’t get back to their tent soon they were going to get caught in a downpour.  So Ennis reluctantly admitted that he knew a shortcut, and Jack readily followed along.

The old Bolton place had been left fallow for half a century, and the surrounding tracts of land had went unclaimed by homesteaders, so it was isolated and had very nearly returned to a state of nature.  But here and there were signs of its short-lived domestication.  Relatively young stands of evergreens were neatly hemmed in by rows of oaks, occasionally they came upon an old fencepost, and the oddly well defined trail that the boys were on eventually revealed itself to be an old carriage road.

“Was this a farm?” asked Jack.

“I think it might have been,” said Ennis coyly.

There was a short knoll ahead and when they got to the top Ennis held his breath as the farmhouse came into view.  Sometime in the future he would learn that it wasn’t completely unlike the Twist home.  Although the clapboards on this house where utterly bare and grey, the south side of the veranda had collapsed, and nearly all of the windows had been knocked out allowing the remains of tattered lace curtains to flutter in the hastening breeze.

“Man, Ennis, luck must be with us today,” proclaimed Jack as a smile spread across his face.  He immediately headed toward the dilapidated structure.

“Jack, the tent is this way,” Ennis said weakly.

“We’ll never make it.  Those clouds are ready to burst.  And nobody is going to care if we pass the night here.”

They had just enough time to settle in and gather some wood before the rain started.  Not much furniture was left on the first floor, but Ennis found a rocking chair and a ladder back arm chair, and so he pulled them into the living room, placed them near the fireplace, and began to build a fire as Jack explored the upper floors.  Thankfully there wasn’t much smoke, which indicated that the chimney was relatively free of debris.

The deluge had begun to beat the walls and roof, and the den made Ennis almost glad they had taken shelter.  He tried to forget where exactly he was, and he tried to ignore the uneasy feeling in his gut.  Ennis told himself that the stories he had heard had been made up and embellished by local boys over the years for the specific purpose of scaring the bejesus out of younger siblings.  They were just stories.  Kids’ stuff.

Several moments later Jack came down the stairs with a bundle of bedding in his arms.  He flung it all out on the floor by Ennis as if he were a hunter offering the rewards of a successful kill.

“I’m sure that shit is dry rotted,” Ennis said irritably.

“No it’s not,” Jack retorted.  “Not completely anyway.  And the smell isn’t that bad either.”  But before Ennis could quibble he said, “Where you upstairs?”

Ennis stopped poking at the fire and looked at him.  “No.  Why?”

“Don’t know.  Thought I heard you behind me a couple of times.”

When Ennis sighed heavily Jack pressured him to say what was on his mind, and so in drips and drabs the taciturn man related everything he’d heard about Albert and Georgina Bolton as he sipped from a bottle of Old Rose he had retrieved from his knapsack.

The Boltons came to the valley in 1911, and Albert used his inheritance to buy the land and build the house for his bride.  They had two children, a boy and a girl.  Both their marriage and their farm proved to be fruitful in the beginning, but a drought in the early twenties nearly bankrupted them, and they had to mortgage the place to keep going.  They struggled to set things right for a long time, and then when they were almost solvent Albert disappeared.  Some claimed to have seen him get on the train in Riverton, and others say he left town on a borrowed mule.  Georgina tried to manage the farm by herself, but it wasn’t long before more money was owed than what was coming in.  And then the following winter both she and her daughter contracted influenza.  The daughter soon died of the illness, but Georgina, on the other hand, escaped death.  However, she never fully recovered.

Some say she lost her mind when word got around that Albert had returned to Riverton with a wealthy widow, along with a New York lawyer they had hired to take away her son.  They say she stopped going to town altogether after that.  If she needed something she sent her hired man to fetch it for her.  And then she stopped seeing visitors at the farm, so the people in town were completely cut off from her.  Since Riverton is such a small town everybody knew that the bank was about to foreclose on the farm, so many surmised that’s what did it.  That’s what caused her to take those final drastic measures.

By the time Ennis had gotten to this point in his story Jack had settled back on his pallet.  He said, “What’d she do, cowboy?  You can’t leave it at that.”

“Guess she knew she couldn’t take care of her boy anymore, but she didn’t want her husband to have him.  So she went up to that first bedroom at the top of the stairs one night, and she...”

“What?!” said Jack.  “For fuck’s sake would you just say it?”

“Georgina took a mallet to that boy’s head.  And then she hanged herself.”

“Shit,” Jack said.  “That just ain’t right.  Where’d she hang herself?”

“I heard it said a couple of ways.  Some say she did it out on the porch.  Some say she did it in the stair hall.  But there’s still others that swear she did it right here in this room.”

It was then that Ennis looked down at an enthralled Jack propped up on his elbows and he lost interest in the story.  Suddenly Ennis became keenly aware that this moment he and Jack shared would soon pass, and he wanted his friend to realize he was grateful for his companionship.  So he got down on the floor with his buddy and began to unbuckle the boy’s pants.  Jack’s eyes widened as Ennis freed his manhood and then took him in his mouth.  Usually it was Jack who took pleasure from giving, but that night Ennis returned the favor.  And all while he was down between his friend’s knees he was aware of time passing.  He knew that this might be the last time he and Jack were together like this, so he went about his task with a strange urgency, determined to make his efforts count.

Afterwards they huddled together on their musty makeshift bed by the fire and fell asleep.  Ennis soon drifted into a sound, dreamless slumber.  It was the kind of sleep that would normally have carried him effortlessly into morning.  But in the middle of the night Ennis became dimly aware that an electrical storm was flashing and crackling outside.  He would have ignored this had it not occurred to him simultaneously that Jack was no longer in his arms.

Ennis sat up and was about to call out to his friend when he heard a noise from overhead.  He cocked his ear and almost immediately he heard the sound again despite the rain and storm.  Then there it went again, now even more clearly.  If Ennis didn’t know better he would have thought that someone was dropping ripe pumpkins on the floor up there.

“Jack!” he yelled as he got to his feet and bound upstairs.

Ennis hesitated at the first door at the top of the stairs, but within a second he found the nerve to turn the doorknob and walk in.  And what he found there was nothing.  The room was empty.  Ennis didn’t know what to do at this point so he merely stood there a moment.  Lightening flashes lit up the sky outside and he was compelled to look out the window.  And that’s when the mystery of where Jack had went was solved.  Jack was laying prostrate in a rut in the road out in front of the house.

“Jack!” Ennis shouted out the window, but Jack didn’t move.  Ennis called to Jack two or three more times, but Jack never so much as twitched a leg.  So Ennis determined he’d have to go out into the storm to get him.

He went down the stairs as quickly as he went up, but before he could get to the front door something in the living room caught his eye.  He turned and found that a woman now sat in the very same rocking chair that he had occupied earlier as he stoked the fire and told his story.  When the next flash of lightening brought this woman out of the shadows Ennis saw that her simple nightgown was undone, exposing her breasts, and that she held a suckling naked baby boy.

Before Ennis had a chance to turn away she said, “He’s going to die out there.”

Ennis burst out of the house and ran down the path in the driving rain toward Jack, not daring to look back.  And just as he knelt to take his friend into his arms Jack awoke.

“What the fuck you doin’ out here, Jack?” Ennis asked angrily.

Jack didn’t react to Ennis’s tone.  Instead he merely answered the question.  “I...I don’t know.  Must have been walkin’ in my sleep.”  He then shook his head in an attempt to regain his senses, and then he said, “Come on, let’s go back into the house and get the fire started again.”

“I ain’t never goin’ into that fuckin’ house again, Jack,” he said as he knelt in the mud holding his friend tightly in his arms.

Dagi

More Halloween Stories
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2007, 04:49:40 pm »
Foretold? by Littlewing1957

A young Jack Twist walked past the grieving plain every day on his way to school.  The things he often saw there would have leveled a lesser sort, but Jack remembered his mom telling him that he will be able to “see” things.  Jack’s mom said he was born with a veil over his face, a thin membrane that the doctors had to remove.  Mrs. Twist said that Jack was special, had the ability to see into the next world.  Jack believed her the first time he passed by the grieving plain.

Jack generally hurried past the cemetery and tried to keep his eyes straight on the road ahead.  But being young, his curiosity always got the better of him.  Jack looked over at the headstones and saw, as clear as day, Lester Wolfe standing near a gravestone.  Poor Lester died when he was only 29 years old in a car accident.  Jack watched as Lester, all decked out in his Sunday best, including a top hat and gloves, gestured to him.  Lester waved and wagged a finger at Jack, smiling all the while.  Lester’s scrawny face was chalk white, his smile toothless.  Jack stopped walking and looked at the specter.  He shook his head no and kept walking.  Nothing to do but accept his “gift.”  Jack was accustomed to seeing spirits walking around the grieving plain.  Most of them were folks he knew, but some were strangers to him.  Jack always saw Grace Bailey, a 5 year old killed by a hit-and-run driver.  Grace lived 3 farms away, but his family was friendly with the Bailey clan.  Jack attended Gracie’s funeral, and seeing at her all laid out, he thought she looked just like a doll on Sears’ shelf.  The funeral gave Jack nightmares for some time, and seeing Grace now, sitting atop her headstone, hands in her lap, her pretty dress dirt stained, well, it disturbed Jack.  He had to look away when Grace stared at him, began to cry and ask for her mommy.  Jack ran all the way to school whenever he saw Grace’s spirit.

The sightings were getting too much for 10 year old Jack, but he had to get to school.  His folks couldn’t drive him there, and to walk past the grieving plain was the fastest way to the schoolhouse.  One fine day Jack passed by the plain and noticed a service in progress.  Young children strayed from the gathering and were jumping and playing among some of the graves.  A lively young boy jumped from one space to another, and with every leap Jack felt a definite chill.  He stopped in his tracks and watched the child jump from place to place.  And Jack felt chilled to the bone whenever the kid landed.  He remembered his mother saying that she got a chill whenever someone walked on her grave!  Jack didn’t know what was happening, but somehow he had to see the part of the grieving plain where the child was playing.  He made his way over, and when the children saw Jack’s approach, they backed away and joined the others.  Jack noticed how the chills stopped when the children moved away.  He looked at the spot where the lad was jumping and leaping.  The land was untouched, but he watched in amazement as a small cross materialized in the dirt on the plot.  It was shadowy, almost transparent, but as Jack approached, he was able to make out the wording.  The cross read:

John M. Twist
November 3, 1943 – June 4, 1982

Jack looked up from the cross and felt Lester standing beside him.  Lester pointed to Jack’s grave: his modest cross for a headstone with his gloved hand.  Jack nodded sadly and watched as Lester slowly disappeared.  Jack turned and resumed the walk to school.  He always felt that he wasn’t long for this Earth, and if he was to die so young, he vowed to live life on his terms – give himself every moment!

Sweet Dreams by Susie

Jack wrapped his arms around his lover, stroking his chest, his stomach, his groin, his thighs, Ennis' flesh tingling under his touch.

"Hmmmmm...."  the soft sound came from deep within Ennis' throat, turning sleepily into his lovers embrace, seeking out warm moist lips, kissing, licking, searching.  Ennis' eyes filled with tears, tears of love.

"S'alright.... s'alright...."  Jack breathed, those precious words echoing in Ennis' ears.   

"Ah, what you do to me Jack...."

"G'night Ennis.... sweet dreams."  and with those gentle words, Ennis felt Jack's warm breath fade into the night, as he drifted into peaceful slumber.

Kisses by Littlewing1957

Jack was about to curl up on the bear skin rug when Ennis walked over and lowered himself to the floor.  He spread Jack’s limber body to the full length of the rug and gently placed his head on the stuffed head of the bear.  Jack smiled as Ennis climbed atop him and slowly ran his fingers through Jack’s thinning hair.  Ennis lifted Jack’s chin just a tilt and lowered his mouth in an expansive kiss.

Ennis was silent as he gazed on his lover’s serene countenance.  Jack spread his arms wide, encouraged Ennis to lace his fingers with his own.

“Am I too heavy?”  Ennis asked as he kissed Jack’s chin.  Jack was too moved to answer right away.  He wanted to feel Ennis’ mouth.

“No, Cowboy,” Jack stammered softly.  “You’re okay.  Just stay here with me.”  Ennis smiled timidly and kissed Jack on the side of his full mouth.  Jack lay still as Ennis started the kisses up high on his forehead, trailed his cheeks, his sharp jaw – kissing! Kissing.

“That Ennis is sure a sexy senior citizen!”  Jack thought as he marveled at Ennis' prowess at 65 years old.  Jack was the same age, of course, and was aware of health problems and challenges of seniors. He liked to keep abreast of newfangled terms for illnesses and treatments.  As Ennis continued his smooches, Jack thought the following:

“Blood pressure lowering, serotonin levels rising!  At this rate, we’ll live forever.”  Jack began to kiss back, pulling Ennis closer!

“Never stop kissing me!”  Jack breathed into Ennis’ warm mouth.  It was a request that Ennis though he could honor.