Author Topic: Radio Two - Open Spaces & Other New Stuff  (Read 7400 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Radio Two - Open Spaces & Other New Stuff
« on: June 30, 2007, 07:04:01 pm »
First, a personal note:

My microphone, which is USB-based, has developed an attitude problem and has elected to completely lock up my computer when attempting to produce the weather forecast, so that is temporarily off the schedule until I figure out what is happening on my end.

Second,

As part of my effort to slowly expand programming, today we introduce Open Spaces, a weekly one hour look at news and events across Wyoming and the Mountain West, starting with some encore editions which will be broadcast several times a week until we're airing new shows.  Open Spaces will eventually settle into a 'new show every Saturday' pattern once we are caught up.  The show is courtesy Wyoming Public Radio.  It's a fascinating look at the issues and culture affecting the daily lives of folks in the most rural states in the country.  It's uniquely mountain west, and you'll hear plenty of authentic Wyoming accents along the way!

Other new programs,

We are working to automate the newscast to be updated automatically every hour, 24 hours a day.  Until that happens, you'll hear news updates several times daily.  Other small news features are also to be added, including a daily entertainment report, focus on religion and faith, and an outdoor report for Wyoming fishing and hunting fans.  I am still working on the 1963 Music Special.  That will run -many- hours.

Radio 2 allows you to use the service both as a traditional streaming radio station as well as on-demand!  To skip a show, just click the show you want in the playlist.  You can also pause, fast forward, or rewind any show.  Older programs are left available for extended periods in case you missed something.  You'll find those "archived" programs towards the latter half of our program lineup.

When new shows are added, they will appear in your program lineup when you leave and re-enter the player.

I really appreciate comments about the programming to help guide me towards finding and producing compelling programming for the BetterMost community, so please keep them coming!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

injest

Re: Radio Two - Open Spaces & Other New Stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 08:39:16 pm »
having no idea how this stuff works....

There is a show called "Cowboy Corner" that is broadcast here. It has great old songs and interviews from real people that have worked on ranches and all...

that would be a great addition...

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 07:17:47 pm »
I am looking into Cowboy Corner Jess.

Also, the local weather and AP News is being updated regularly again with some hardware problems resolved.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 10:50:43 pm »
I just clicked on Radio 2 by accident, but I'm enjoying it very much! Love the poetry, Baxter Black, and the "tumbling tumbleweeds" !!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 11:31:56 pm »
I am just in the process of updating it.  If you exit and re-enter, the playlist is automatically updated.