Author Topic: What are your plans for the Fourth of July??  (Read 55519 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
What are your plans for the Fourth of July??
« on: July 03, 2007, 03:59:53 pm »
I'm having some friends over tomorrow for a barbeque and then we're going to my friend's house in Woodruff Place. Their neighborhood is located very close to downtown, and we'll sit up on the roof and watch the fireworks from downtown Indianapolis. My boyfriend is from England and he's never been here for the Fourth of July before. He's looking foward to it.  :D

What do you plan on doing tomorrow?  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
Re: What are your plans for the Fourth of July??
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 01:06:05 am »
Well! I must say this is very disappointing!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Either all of you are doing NOTHING on the Fourth of July, or you just don't want to tell me about it.

Now I know the first part isn't true, so this makes me wonder about the second part.  ???

Is it illegal? Or is it just too embarrassing to mention on the Internet??

Come on! I told you what I'm doing! Now it's your turn.  :D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 01:16:59 am »
Sounds like a fun day, David! We aren't going to have our usual family BBQ this year,  but hope it resumes next year.

Well.......I think I am going to fix my lawn mower and mow my backyard.

Then maybe my cousin and I will take her little boy to a movie and out to eat. Last---if the mosquitoes (our state bird) are not too bad--I will shoot off some fireworks for him out in the country!

And I'm hopin' we have have a Fourth of July 1000th resident to welcome!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 01:24:15 am »
Sounds like a fun day, David! We aren't going to have our usual family BBQ this year,  but hope it resumes next year.

Well.......I think I am going to fix my lawn mower and mow my backyard.

Then maybe my cousin and I will take her little boy to a movie and out to eat. Last---if the mosquitoes (our state bird) are not too bad--I will shoot off some fireworks for him out in the country!

And I'm hopin' we have have a Fourth of July 1000th resident to welcome!!

What state do you live in Shasta? I remember camping up in Minnesota a few times. The mosquitoes were really bad up there; ALMOST as bad as they are here!  :D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 01:35:18 am »
OH YEAH.

We got Minnesota and Indiana beat.

I live in

Arkansas:

the Natural State---more like the natural habitat for mosquitoes!!!

(Actually I have never been in MN or IN, so I don't know if we have more. It just FEELS like they are ALL here!!!  LOL.  I guess you will wear eau de OFF for the fireworks tomorrow nite, huh?)  :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 01:49:50 am »
I guess you will wear eau de OFF for the fireworks tomorrow nite, huh?)  :P [/b][/color]

Yup!  :D

Oh YEAH!! We're bringing Cody with us too. I don't want to leave him alone at the house when the neighborhood kids are shooting off their firecrackers. But Cody has his own mosquito medicine. But Alex, Cory and me will be drenching ourselves in OFF before we watch the fireworks.

I've been through Arkansas, but I haven't really spent much time there. I've spent a lot of time in Lousiana though, just down the road from you. The mosquitoes are very BAD there, so I would imagine Arkansas is probably the same. My mother's side of the family lives in New Orleans, and I've been down there dozens of times.  :D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 02:05:35 am »
Are ya gonna have earplugs for Cody? You may have taken him before and he's fine. But I took my Yorkie a couple of years ago to watch fireworks over the lake at Heber Springs, AR---very pretty over the lake, by the way. She's always laid back---kinda like "whatever", but she went berserk when the fireworks started. I had to put her under my t-shirt and hold her ears. I guess it was the noise, even tho she doesn't react at all when we hear them inside the house. So you might want to take earplugs if he's never been before.  Cody probably won't fit under your shirt.  ;)

Good luck repelling the mosquitoes!!  :P

Oh yeah---New Orleans. Swamps. Lake Ponchartrain. I bet they are as bad or worse there! That's  close to where my ex-husband lives---with his new wife--Slidell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 02:10:33 am »
Are ya gonna have earplugs for Cody? You may have taken him before and he's fine. But I took my Yorkie a couple of years ago to watch fireworks over the lake at Heber Springs, AR---very pretty over the lake, by the way. She's always laid back---kinda like "whatever", but she went berserk when the fireworks started. I had to put her under my t-shirt and hold her ears. I guess it was the noise, even tho she doesn't react at all when we hear them inside the house. So you might want to take earplugs if he's never been before.  Cody probably won't fit under your shirt.  ;)

Good luck repelling the mosquitoes!!  :P

Oh yeah---New Orleans. Swamps. Lake Ponchartrain. I bet they are as bad or worse there! That's  close to where my ex-husband lives---with his new wife--Slidell.

We'll keep Cody in the house while we're up on the roof. The fireworks are out in the distance, about 3 or 4 miles away. But we will have an excellent view of them from the top of the house. He will be happier with us than he would be alone at my house with all the firecrackers shooting off outside on the street.  :D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 02:17:31 am »
Oh yeah---he'll be a lot happier. I thought you meant he'd be on the roof with ya. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 04:15:37 am »
We're invited to a friend's backyard potluck for lunch, and a four year old's birthday party after that.  And then to see the fireworks in the evening.  But the thing I'm most excited about is our plan for the morning, of rearranging some of our furniture between two rooms.  It's an idea I've had for a month or so, and we finally have a plan to implement the plan.  :)

I watched and listened to the Declaration of Independence today:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,11089.msg218052.html#msg218052