Author Topic: What are your plans for the Fourth of July??  (Read 55495 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: What are your plans for the Fourth of July??
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2018, 04:44:26 pm »
Apparently, I'm doing the same thing I did the last time I posted here.

I'm thinking it's going to be a quiet fourth here as well.  No real plans made, just relaxing and keeping cool.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2018, 02:43:39 pm »
Sounds good, Chuck. I also do the opposite of what everybody else is doing during the holidays. Yesterday I had all 3 grandchildren over for a sleepover and so I'm taking it easy today. If I manage to do a nap, then maybe I'll walk down to the park for fireworks.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2018, 06:00:53 pm »

Hope that everyone who celebrates is having a fun and safe 4th!

Some more storms are predicted today, but they're saying they should happen between 1:00 - 4:00, and cleared out by the time fireworks go off.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2018, 06:02:31 pm »
Sounds good, Chuck. I also do the opposite of what everybody else is doing during the holidays. Yesterday I had all 3 grandchildren over for a sleepover and so I'm taking it easy today. If I manage to do a nap, then maybe I'll walk down to the park for fireworks.

Enjoy the show!

I did as I planned, I slept in, stayed close to home and with the A/C on, and watching bad TV.   :laugh:

Although, I wonder when sleeping in for me moved from 11:00am to 8:30am?   ??? :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2020, 01:55:53 pm »
I simply can not do a patriotic/political holiday this year. I'd be glad to spend it by myself, walking over to the park to see the fireworks and munching on some kimchi and BBQ'd Korean pork. Somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.

Sigh...another year when I can not bear to celebrate the country I live in. I was thinking about celebrating another country, maybe Sweden, since my grandson Charlie has a Swedish flag I could borrow. But that Independence Day was back in June, and Germany's is not until October. I think I will celebrate Scottish Independence Day on July 1. Yes, I know that Scotland is not truly independent (yet) but it did gain a Parliament of its own on July 1, 1999.

Denver is having some concerts and events at drive-in movie theaters for the holidays. The old abandoned drive-ins are being revived. If there are fireworks, I can see them from my deck.

I have the choice of Hello Fresh meals Shawarma-spiced Chicken with Persian Salad or Szechuan Pork and Green Bean Stir-fry. I can't decide...which one shall I cook?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2020, 02:40:14 pm »
Oohh....I like your idea of celebrating Sweden!  ;)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2020, 11:59:54 am »
Nothing. LOL 

I'll probably watch out my apartment window for some of the higher fireworks, if they even have them.