Author Topic: BBM-ers at 75th Anniv. of Empire State Building  (Read 7530 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Re: BBM-ers at 75th Anniv. of Empire State Building
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 03:32:48 pm »
Great pictures, guys! I love it.
So jealous.  :-\
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 03:36:10 pm »
Time for an Ennis quote: "That's sounds like some high class entertainment"    LOL 

For what it's worth!      ;D

Great pics!      Going to NY without visiting the ESB is like seeing Paris and skipping the Eiffel Tower!   

David   ;)

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 05:08:12 pm »
Wow, awesome pics! You two look like you're having fun! The view from up there is beautiful, isn't it? I was there in 2000; loved it!

:-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 05:44:19 pm »
Fabulous photos, thanks for sharing! Ever notice how whenever these foreigners come to the U.S. they make us realize what a great country we've got here? First Ang Lee, then Anke!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Will-U

BBM-ers at 75th Anniv. of ESB
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 02:17:52 am »
Fabulous photos, thanks for sharing! Ever notice how whenever these foreigners come to the U.S. they make us realize what a great country we've got here? First Ang Lee, then Anke!!

Right U are, Lee!

I told Anke that not only was I taking her higher to the top of the ESB but it got me to go, too.  Neither one of us had been there in exactly 20 years. 

Anke overlooked mentioning that Will also (re-)introduced her to the New York City subways and bought her a 6-trip Metro card (also a nice souvenier)!  Ironically, on the train we met people from where?  Berlin!  After our brunch on the Upper West Side at Time Outdoor Cafe on Broadway, we took the local #1 subway from West 86 Street to West 34th Street.  We then walked over to the ESB.  After that, it was midtown Manhattan shopping! 

Reporting from NYC,
Will-helm!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 12:25:34 pm by Will-ABC »

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
BBM-ers at Empire State Building
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 08:49:18 pm »
These ESB pics and your stories are great!  What a blast you two had - thanks for posting! 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 01:43:16 pm by Will-ABC »
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Will-U

BBM-ers at Empire State Building
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 01:42:02 pm »
Thanx, Ann Marie and others for ur appreciation of reading about the Empire State Building (ESB) trip.  Pipedream & I really had more fun than we could describe.  It's an entire process to get to the top of the ESB.  Many lines -- not "LINES =U= WON'T HEAR in BBM" -- and it was all handled efficiently and fast-moving.  The visitors are from all around the world speaking many languages.

Remember, AMH, U have a standing invitation to do likewise to visit NYC including the ESB, as U know.  Just let me know when.

Gamely,
Will-ABC
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 01:45:12 pm by Will-ABC »