Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3175060 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4840 on: December 04, 2009, 10:25:16 am »
 So much new Jake stuff. Love it!

Bruce Springsteen's The River made Jake Gyllenhaal cry on set

London, Dec 4 : Filmmaker Jim Sheridan made Jake Gyllenhaal cry for an emotional scene on the set of his new film 'Brothers'-by playing Bruce Springsteen's live version of The River.

Gyllenhaal’s tears began to flow when he heard the song his father used to play him when he was a kid.

Sheridan kept the cameras rolling and caught the magic moment.

Gyllenhaal told KCRW presenter Liza Richardson, "During rehearsals, he (Sheridan) would play it (song), and then he would play it on set too to get us in the mood of the scene... and there''s this scene in the film where my brother has died and I am with his wife.

"We''re sitting together in front of a fire and we end up kissing at the end of the scene... and Jim decided to play this song, play The River.

"He kept the music rolling and Natalie Portman, who plays my brother''s wife in the movie, she leaves the scene. Jim kept the film rolling on and on and on and I just kept listening to this song and, by the end of this take, I just start to cry and cry; I couldn''t stop crying.

"I think a lot of it has to do with its connection to my family; listening to Bruce Springsteen when I was a kid with my dad. My first concert I ever went to was the Born in the USA tour concert and I remember being with my father.

"I just think the story between father and son and the complications between those two positions in a family has always been a huge thing in my life. That''s also the heart of the movie I was making with Jim Sheridan," he added.

And here´s my favorite version of Bruce doing The River. Magical.
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4841 on: December 04, 2009, 03:37:43 pm »
Jake drops the G word!

Is there hope for Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon's relationship?

Amid reports of "are they or aren't they still a couple," Gyllenhaal, 28, used the buzz word of the week – girlfriend – shortly after arriving at a Beverly Hills Hotel suite Thursday for a press conference for his new film Brothers.

"I've learned so much from the kids in my life, and somehow they just become the center of your life and the way you look at things," he told Grazia Australia, referring to his 3-year-old niece Ramona (daughter of Maggie Gyllenhaal) and possibly Witherspoon's children, Ava, 10, and Deacon, 6. "Obviously I exist in my girlfriend's world and my sister's world in a different way, but it's opened my heart and I feel much more grown up and want to be grown up as a result of it."

Regardless, he'd rather talk about his movie about a love triangle with Natalie Portman and Tobey Maguire than about his actual love life.

"As I get more famous, there is less that is just mine so I hope you understand I want to protect that as much as I can," he says. "I understand the news cycle, I really do, but as we all know news cycles come and go and I don't have to comment on them."

A source maintains to PEOPLE that Gyllenhaal and Witherspoon have split after two years together, but their reps say they are still together.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20324474,00.html

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4842 on: December 04, 2009, 03:44:22 pm »
The 'G' word? Really, that's the buzz word of the week? Wow.

:laugh:

I find it a bit odd to refer to a woman in her thirties as a 'girlfriend', that sounds so teenagerish.  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4843 on: December 04, 2009, 04:33:30 pm »
LOL, yeah, "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" are kind of strange terms when you think about it.  But, in the States at least, it's quite common to call non-married, non-engaged signifcant others "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" regardless of age.

I've always called people I've dated, "girlfriends" even as an adult. 

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Sammi

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #4844 on: December 04, 2009, 05:01:01 pm »
Jake is young too - people his age use the word girlfriend/boyfriend.  He is only 29 or 30.  It would be weirder if he called her his "lady friend".

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #4845 on: December 04, 2009, 05:31:40 pm »
I think he should just call her "my fishing buddy". That way everyone would understand what´s going on

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4846 on: December 04, 2009, 05:32:54 pm »
I think he should just call her "my fishing buddy". That way everyone would understand what´s going on

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That's totally awesome!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4847 on: December 04, 2009, 07:16:52 pm »
OK, so I just got home from work and turned on the local news, and they did a rather lengthy segment on Jake!  They mainly replayed a long chat he had on the Jimmy Kimmel Show (I don't know if it was last night, or if it will be upcoming tonight... but of course he was there promoting Brothers).  He talks a lot about Pittsburgh and mentions some local restaurants, etc. and he also shows a funny fake Steelers tattoo on his lower back.

It's another interview where he looks super young.  The local news anchor also mentioned Anne and the the "Love and Other Drugs" project.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4848 on: December 05, 2009, 03:44:41 pm »

:laugh:  :laugh:

That's priceless.  ;D

My idea of the word 'girlfriend' is probably a bit too infuenced by all those teenage shows (Hannah Montana, High School Musical anyone?  ::)) my kids watch.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4849 on: December 06, 2009, 07:35:51 pm »
Thanks, MilAn.  I wasn't expecting that accent!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxAM_XMZBd8[/youtube]

The trailer says May 2010 but I heard elsewhere it would be released Christmas Day 2009.
"chewing gum and duct tape"