Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3174825 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4910 on: March 08, 2010, 10:11:17 am »

The character Jakes gonna play, Joe Namath. I can definitely see some resemblance.

Jake's gonna play "Broadway Joe"? I wonder if it will include the (in)famous pantyhose ad?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #4911 on: March 08, 2010, 05:01:53 pm »
Jake's gonna play "Broadway Joe"? I wonder if it will include the (in)famous pantyhose ad?  ;D

It do sound a bit intriguing, so I do hope seeing him doing that!  ;D

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #4912 on: March 09, 2010, 12:13:53 am »
Jake looked very handsome presenting at the Oscars last night.  Got a little plug for PoP too.
damn, I knew there was a reason to why I should have watched the Oscars

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4913 on: March 09, 2010, 01:49:19 am »
damn, I knew there was a reason to why I should have watched the Oscars

Youtube!

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4914 on: March 10, 2010, 03:05:16 pm »
In an Oscar interview with Jake I've just come across on another board, he is asked at the end of the interview which "hot" party he will be attending that night. He replies that he won't be going to any party as he has to catch a plane and fly back to work in Canada. Does anyone know where he is in Canada and what film he's making? He couldn't be in Toronto, could he?

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4915 on: March 10, 2010, 03:41:03 pm »
This is the interview I was referring to:

http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=5251.810

I wanted to post just the interview but I think I've posted the whole page. (I'm not very good at these things - though if anyone could tell me how I just post the interview and not the whole page, I'd be grateful). However, the interview is the one posted by tpe towards the bottom. Maybe some might enjoy the other Jake interviews if they haven't seen them already so there may be an upside to my mistake.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #4916 on: March 10, 2010, 04:21:50 pm »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyAgJJvDTDk[/youtube]

In this backstage interview from the Oscars, apparently Jake is asked about Heath.
To tell you the truth, I haven´t been able to watch it yet because I feel a bit apprehensive about it. According to some of the comments, Jake doesn´t look very comfortable.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4917 on: March 10, 2010, 04:31:08 pm »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyAgJJvDTDk[/youtube]

In this backstage interview from the Oscars, apparently Jake is asked about Heath.
To tell you the truth, I haven´t been able to watch it yet because I feel a bit apprehensive about it. According to some of the comments, Jake doesn´t look very comfortable.

I started watching it but once Heath's name comes up and the setting is so wrong for any kind of substantial comment, the whole venue is so wrong, and the mood is "we're having fun and we're in a hurry" and the interviewer could be asking about the weather for all he (the interviewer) seems to care I just couldn't watch what poor Jake had to say. It wasn't fair that this question comes in this way. I'm sure Jake fields it adroitly with a couple of polite nothing words and a sufficiently serious expression, but...augh! It's just so sad that Heat's death has been reduced to a talking point in random inane shallow Oscar interviews on the red carpets after they've done talking about the dresses and purses and what a great time everyone's having.  *sigh*  :-\

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4918 on: March 10, 2010, 05:01:11 pm »
In an Oscar interview with Jake I've just come across on another board, he is asked at the end of the interview which "hot" party he will be attending that night. He replies that he won't be going to any party as he has to catch a plane and fly back to work in Canada. Does anyone know where he is in Canada and what film he's making? He couldn't be in Toronto, could he?

Jake is in Canada, but not Toronto.  He's in Montreal.

Duncan Jones was delighted to be at the Baftas but confessed he was disappointed not to have got an Oscar nomination for his film Moon.

Moon had several Bafta nominations and Duncan - son of David Bowie - and producer Stuart Fenegan were excited to be at the ceremony, but admitted they had hoped their campaign to get an Oscar nomination for Moon star Sam Rockwell had worked.

Duncan said: "To be honest we didn't get the nomination because we were trying to get Sam Rockwell the nomination, because I think he made our film possible and I think he's an amazing actor."

He added: "I think we both feel thrilled to be here but a little bit heartbroken that Sam didn't come as well with a nomination, but he's an amazing actor. So whatever happens tonight I'll just keep going on about how amazing Sam was."

The pair had just flown in from Montreal, where they have been working on their next project.

Duncan revealed: "It's called Source Code with Jake Gyllenhaal, Vera Farmiga and Michelle Monaghan, so it's a bigger more Hollywood film, so it should be exciting."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gAfMNKNj-R-T51YG3-xYCrZHdqSQ

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4919 on: March 11, 2010, 11:25:06 am »
Thanks for the info Chuck!  LOL, wow, talk about my Bowie and BBM interests coming into close contact with this project.
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie