Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178695 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2490 on: February 09, 2007, 09:53:21 am »
Yup.  March 2nd.   I saw my first Zodiac commercial last night during CSI.

That was the second time I'd seen the commercial, during C.S.I., what inspired me to mention it last night.

Hmmm. Just occurs to me now, Jakey aside, I'll bet some marketing genius somewhere thought the subject matter of Zodiac would appeal to C.S.I. fans.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2491 on: February 09, 2007, 01:26:11 pm »
Don't for the life of me know what their source is, but Jake Watch claims that Jake will be at the BAFTAs on Sunday night in London - I presume to present the Best Supporting Actress award since he won the Best Supporting Actor one last year (I just love saying/typing that).

I was planning to watch it regardless, but this news is now some very sweet, buttery icing on an already yummy cake.   ;D
No more beans!

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #2492 on: February 09, 2007, 02:21:22 pm »
That's right Barb, this morning Radio 1 (UK) said he was on the list to attend but didn't say in what capacity. I was brushing my teeth at the time and squealed with delight and spit toothpaste all over my mirror...
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2493 on: February 09, 2007, 02:25:01 pm »
Well, I think he's filming in Morocco for RENDITION.  I didn't know if he was in some remote area and I was concerned after seeing BABEL.  ;) However, that would be a much shorter flight then going from Los Angeles to London. Maybe he can pop in and do something at BAFTA.  I don't get that channel so I will have to get reports. Maybe he's all tanned from filming in the desert or something.

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #2494 on: February 09, 2007, 02:33:12 pm »
Well I'm tellin' ya, I live in the UK and Radio 1 is our biggest national radio station, and it was on the news that he was attending...
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2495 on: February 09, 2007, 02:41:18 pm »
And if you can't trust your DJ, who can you trust?  ;)

I totally believe he'll be there to present (at least) that Supporting Female or whatever-it-is award.  Makes perfect sense to me.  I'm only sorry that Stephen Fry won't be there, too.  I still expect it to be a good show, though.  Hell, QEII could host it, and it'll still be about a million times better, all things considered, than an Oscars telecast will ever be.  No offense to Ellen fans (of which I am one) - I'm sure she'll be great - but unless Laura Ziskin makes *massive* changes to the format of the show this year, in the final analysis it'll be Dullsville.

No more beans!

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2496 on: February 10, 2007, 02:23:25 pm »

New James Bond actor Daniel Craig has been voted the best dressed man by
Esquire magazine.

//snip//

Other celebrities that made it into the top ten include actor Terence Howard, musician Nick Cave and Brokeback Mountain star Jake Gyllenhaal.

The magazine paid Gyllenhaal one of the most flattering compliments by claiming that he could "pull of
(sic) a tux better than George Clooney".

HA!  Take that People Magazine!!!

(here is the link:)

http://www.mpdclick.com/mudpie/action/viewListItem?identifier=news&id=2427&listId=19

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

mvansand76

« Reply #2497 on: February 10, 2007, 02:54:13 pm »
And some Ennis and Jack riding

OMG- I love this picture! That's the best BBM picture!

You know what I was wondering, why does Jake's eye colour look baby blue in one picture, blue/grey in the other and almost dark blue in the other? I guess they photoshop some of the pictures, but why change the colour or make it more intense, he has beautiful eyes as it is!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2498 on: February 10, 2007, 03:34:12 pm »
OMG- I love this picture! That's the best BBM picture!

You know what I was wondering, why does Jake's eye colour look baby blue in one picture, blue/grey in the other and almost dark blue in the other? I guess they photoshop some of the pictures, but why change the colour or make it more intense, he has beautiful eyes as it is!

Depends on the light. My husband has blue eyes and in some pics they appear so dark, you almost can't tell whether they're brown or blue.
But there's always a chance that photos are additionally photoshopped (photos of Jake of course, not of my husband  ;D).

mvansand76

« Reply #2499 on: February 10, 2007, 04:08:40 pm »
Depends on the light. My husband has blue eyes and in some pics they appear so dark, you almost can't tell whether they're brown or blue.
But there's always a chance that photos are additionally photoshopped (photos of Jake of course, not of my husband  ;D).

:laugh:

Oh I am suuuuure the photoshop his eyes in a lot of magazine pictures!