Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178775 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2540 on: February 27, 2007, 10:42:54 am »
Did anyone else catch Jake's reference to staying with a friend at the other lodge at the time of the frightening fire that endangered his family? My impressionable mind races (could this friend have been named Austin by any chance?).

What a hot thought...LOL
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2541 on: February 27, 2007, 11:28:50 am »
Yeah, I caught that, all right.  I *told* him to keep that one quiet, goddammit.  Now I'm going to have to explain to my husband what exactly I was doing in California at Christmastime after all, where most of my clothes really did end up, and why my underwear still smells smoky.

::)
No more beans!

moremojo

« Reply #2542 on: February 27, 2007, 12:33:45 pm »
Yeah, I caught that, all right.  I *told* him to keep that one quiet, goddammit.  Now I'm going to have to explain to my husband what exactly I was doing in California at Christmastime after all, where most of my clothes really did end up, and why my underwear still smells smoky.

::)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2543 on: February 27, 2007, 12:38:48 pm »
Did anyone else catch Jake's reference to staying with a friend at the other lodge at the time of the frightening fire that endangered his family? My impressionable mind races (could this friend have been named Austin by any chance?).

I agree that Jake was quite charming and witty. He really seems like a great human being.

Scott, impressionable minds think alike!  Just imagine him and his "friend" in the little adjoining cabin...

The part about his parents going commando was hilarious.

I still can't stand Letterman.

moremojo

« Reply #2544 on: February 27, 2007, 12:49:59 pm »
I still can't stand Letterman.
I've never been a big fan of him, either. He does seem to have mellowed a bit over the decades, and was certainly gracious enough with Mr. Gyllenhaal (this was the first time I've watched the show in years).

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2545 on: February 27, 2007, 12:55:01 pm »
"Gracious"?  Maybe clueless.  He seemed to have no idea why Jake was there.  His "congratulations for what?" flub.  Jake was the one who was gracious. 

Letterman looks like he just got out of bed and walked on the set.  Cue cards and obnoxious banter with Shaffer doesn't require a lot of preparation.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2546 on: February 27, 2007, 12:58:33 pm »
"Gracious"?  Maybe clueless.  He seemed to have no idea why Jake was there.  His "congratulations for what?" flub.  Jake was the one who was gracious. 

Letterman looks like he just got out of bed and walked on the set.  Cue cards and obnoxious banter with Shaffer doesn't require a lot of preparation.

Tell us what you really think, Paul!

Seriously, I don't have opinions on any of these late night guys, 1) because I can never stay up late enough to watch them; and 2) on the very few occasions when I have ever stayed up late enough, I thought they were so stupid, I was wondering why I was up and quickly went to bed.

If that makes any sense at all....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #2547 on: February 27, 2007, 12:58:48 pm »
The "friend" Jake referred to was no doubt his best friend Chris-the-chef (whose last name I can't remember right now) who he's known since childhood, and who is known to have spent a lot of time with the Gyllenhaal clan over the holidays.

I'm wondering if Jake's going to spend any time with Heath and his little goddaughter while he's in New York this week doing press for Zodiac.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2548 on: February 27, 2007, 01:00:18 pm »
The "friend" Jake referred to was no doubt his best friend Chris-the-chef (whose last name I can't remember right now)

Fisher.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

moremojo

« Reply #2549 on: February 27, 2007, 01:00:32 pm »
Jake was the one who was gracious.
I certainly wouldn't argue with you on this point ;).