Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178303 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2580 on: March 01, 2007, 03:01:14 pm »
All right, I cheated, it's Johnny Weir??  Go, Johnny!

who is Johnny Weir?

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2581 on: March 01, 2007, 03:04:21 pm »
He's a figure skater, apparently with a nice back:

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #2582 on: March 01, 2007, 03:07:09 pm »
From the NY "Zodiac" screening:

okay who thinks Jake's eyebrows are fine and who thinks he should trim them?

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #2583 on: March 01, 2007, 03:43:29 pm »
okay who thinks Jake's eyebrows are fine and who thinks he should trim them?

Personally, I think they are fine just the way they are.  OMFG is so gorgeous!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2584 on: March 01, 2007, 06:55:04 pm »
10 photos of Jakey G posted on CNN.com under entertainment. 

"Heartthrob Jake Gyllenhaal: His career in photos" is how it's titled on CNN.com.  The link connects you to the ew.com website. Here's the link.

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,1139193,00.html?cnn=yes 

"See the heartthrob actor go from angsty teen (''Donnie Darko'') to ''Brokeback'' buck to code-cracking cartoonist (''Zodiac'')" 

Course, I'm partial to photo #2. He certainly has "manned out" since his days as Donnie Darko.  ;)

moremojo

« Reply #2585 on: March 01, 2007, 07:41:21 pm »
For the benefit of Paul (southendmd), and anyone else who didn't catch it, I thought I'd share a bit about Jake's appearance on 'The Daily Show' last night. Jake was in fine form as always, gracious and in good humor, and seemed to enjoy a good rapport with host Jon Stewart, who seemed much more on Mr. Gyllenhaal's wavelength than did Dave Letterman from two nights ago.

Jake came out with a basketball, with which he good-naturedly taunted Stewart, the specifics of which eluded me (I was watching the show under less-than-ideal circumstances). Stewart said something to the effect of how much the Oscars were wanting this year due to his and Jake's absence--a nice riposte, to my mind, of how Jake and Brokeback Mountain failed to garner top prize in the Best Supporting Actor and Best Picture categories in 2006. Stewart went on to say how much his wife was taken with Jake at that time, and how much she still talks about him (she sounds like a full-fledged Gyllenaalic!). There was also much banter on how Jon insisted on how much he and Jake look alike (wink wink, nudge nudge), and Jake was always there to match the host's quick wit point for point.

The best part for me was that Stewart mentioned Brokeback Mountain twice, once when he was introducing Jake, and lastly when he joked that, as Jake had debuted in City Slickers (starring Billy Crystal), Brokeback Mountain was not thus his "first gay cowboy movie". ::)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2586 on: March 01, 2007, 07:53:18 pm »
For the benefit of Paul (southendmd), and anyone else who didn't catch it, I thought I'd share a bit about Jake's appearance on 'The Daily Show' last night. Jake was in fine form as always, gracious and in good humor, and seemed to enjoy a good rapport with host Jon Stewart, who seemed much more on Mr. Gyllenhaal's wavelength than did Dave Letterman from two nights ago.

Jake came out with a basketball, with which he good-naturedly taunted Stewart, the specifics of which eluded me (I was watching the show under less-than-ideal circumstances). Stewart said something to the effect of how much the Oscars were wanting this year due to his and Jake's absence--a nice riposte, to my mind, of how Jake and Brokeback Mountain failed to garner top prize in the Best Supporting Actor and Best Picture categories in 2006. Stewart went on to say how much his wife was taken with Jake at that time, and how much she still talks about him (she sounds like a full-fledged Gyllenaalic!). There was also much banter on how Jon insisted on how much he and Jake look alike (wink wink, nudge nudge), and Jake was always there to match the host's quick wit point for point.

The best part for me was that Stewart mentioned Brokeback Mountain twice, once when he was introducing Jake, and lastly when he joked that, as Jake had debuted in City Slickers (starring Billy Crystal), Brokeback Mountain was not thus his "first gay cowboy movie". ::)

Thank you Scott, for the review. I couldn't see the show since it is not aired in Spain. However, it didn't surprise me Jon Stewart brought Brokeback Mountain up, considering he was the Oscar host when the movie didn't get the award it deserved (I refuse to say it lost against Crash because it didn't lose anything!). And Jake was there, nominated as Best Supporting Actor. I guess it was natural for him to bring it up.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #2587 on: March 01, 2007, 07:58:32 pm »
All right, I cheated, it's Johnny Weir??  Go, Johnny!

Indeed it is the lovely Johnny Weir - he of the delicious back, gorgeous eyes and kick-ass skating talent! :D

Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2588 on: March 01, 2007, 08:03:17 pm »
Indeed it is the lovely Johnny Weir - he of the delicious back, gorgeous eyes and kick-ass skating talent! :D

Yeah, but Weir can be such a pain in the @ss, trash talking blowhard.  A touch of humility might win him scores of fans rather than encourage the Hope He Falls and Cries crowd.

From the Jake article:

and he threw his hat into the big-budget-blockbuster ring in 2004 with “The Day After Tomorrow,” aka “An Inconvenient Truth: The Entertaining Version.”
  :laugh: :laugh:

and

Gyllenhaal has showed his acting chops in every major movie genre except musicals.

Not from a lack of trying.  He almost had 'Moulin Rouge'.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2589 on: March 01, 2007, 08:25:46 pm »

Personally, I think they are fine just the way they are.  OMFG is so gorgeous!

Hey Dev,  I like Jakey's eyebrows just the way they are too.  But one thing I noticed today in the pics is that his left eyebrow was messed up THE WHOLE DAY!!!   ::)

It was messed up in the morning (yesterday) when he was doing Good Morning America,

and then it was still messed up last night when he was at the NY premiere:

How cool is that, that I can know this thing about Jakey, hahahahaha!  This Jake Week we are all enjoying is unbelievable!!!!  Whatever am we gonna do next week when it's over??   :'( :'(
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."