Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178569 times)

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2600 on: March 02, 2007, 10:04:16 pm »
magic hands

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2601 on: March 02, 2007, 10:06:15 pm »
beauty

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2602 on: March 02, 2007, 10:56:03 pm »
A little Zodiac review from the premiere today:

I posted this over at Arts and Entertainment too.

Overall, good film.  Heavier on the police drama than on the suspense, I thought.  I'm squeamish about violence, but most of it occurs at the beginning.  Long, but engrossing; be sure to pee first. 

Robert Downey, Jr. was fantastic.  I'm not a big Mark Ruffalo fan.  Anthony Edwards looking like Mark Green from ER but with a hair piece. 

Jake was great.  Luckily, they did not give him a 70s hairdo.  Very boy-scoutish, naive, scruffy.  Uses his giant doe eyes to great effect.  You can see the obsession building in him from the beginning. 

It would have been interesting had they shown more of his personal/family life. 

After the show, we were stopped by our local NBC affiliate, and they asked us to comment on the film for the evening news.  We demurred.    :-X

A little trivia to anyone who sees it:  do you recognize the Lee character and from where?

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2603 on: March 03, 2007, 12:43:57 am »
thanks for posting about Zodiac southendmd...wish i knew your name.   anyway i posted my opinion over on Jake's new movie - Zodiac..

Jake did a wonderful job.   Your impression of his big doe eyes is so awesome...perfectly described

Robert Downey jr. was great too

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #2604 on: March 03, 2007, 01:10:21 am »
beauty

what i wouldnt give to be with him just once..hehhehhehhe

awesome hot love muffin stuffin

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2605 on: March 03, 2007, 01:27:51 am »
I agree with with southendmd that it would have been interesting to see more of Robert's home life.  I wonder if a lot of the stuff Fincher ended up cutting out had to do with that.  The trouble with having, really, three lead characters about each of whom you could build an entire film is that you run the risk of not fleshing them out enough.  I left the theater tonight wanting to know more about Robert Graysmith and Dave Toschi - only Paul Avery seemed fully realized to me.  I don't think that the acting was an issue - I just think that Robert and Dave were written kind of one-dimensionally.  I think that lesser actors would have left me not caring much (or at all) about either of them, but instead I find myself feeling like a really good, deep conversation was abruptly cut off and I'll never get to talk to those guys again.  You know?

I really liked the interplay between Robert and Paul.  I'd have liked to seen much more of that, too.

I really loved the final scene.  It was worth the price of admission, and I paid 20 bucks for my Premiere seat tonight.  Some of the best non-verbal acting I've seen since, well, you know.  Talk about "the story in your eyes."  Chills. 
No more beans!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #2606 on: March 03, 2007, 01:42:11 am »
i see what you and southenmd are saying about playing up a bit more on graysmiths life, but as i wrote on the "Jake's new Movie - Zodiac"..   the Zodiac killer consumed his life...   

i think it would have been interesting to see how Graysmiths romance grew and subsequent marriage dwindled, but that wasnt the point of the movie...thats what we wanna see..jakey in a love scene hhhehee

i do understand the abruptly being cut off, but llike you said and i agree,  the climax of the movie was the end
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 12:27:58 pm by brokeback_dev »

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #2607 on: March 03, 2007, 01:13:45 pm »
apparently Jake has found someone to keep him company..

this redhead is Beth Altschull  a GQ director of special projects.

seems they are quite cozy together..he has is arm around her and she has her arm wrapped around his waste.

this pic is from the Zodiac premiere in NYC

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2608 on: March 03, 2007, 02:21:14 pm »
apparently Jake has found someone to keep him company..

this redhead is Beth Altschull  a GQ director of special projects.

seems they are quite cozy together..he has is arm around her and she has her arm wrapped around his waste.

this pic is from the Zodiac premiere in NYC

Maybe he's just giving her a hug and the photo snapped them in the middle of one?

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #2609 on: March 03, 2007, 05:18:29 pm »
. . . .Maggie Gyllenhaal vowed she was never ever going to talk to [People] magazine again after what they made her go through when she was about to give birth.

What happened there, Opinionista?  (or anyone else who knows . . . )  What did they make her go through?  Paparazzi outside the hospital or something?