Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178363 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2710 on: April 04, 2007, 05:17:58 pm »
I have to make a change to my post for clarification:  I was talking about complaining to the gossip sites that buy or take the pics, such as Splash News, x17, WENN, etc etc.  I was not suggesting to target the fan sites IHeartJake, Jake Watch, BetterMost, Dave Cullen, EnnisJack or any other fan site.  I think most of you knew that, right?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 07:29:37 pm by welliwont »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2711 on: April 04, 2007, 05:27:41 pm »

I never say that they owe us anything...But they do know the media is there, and they do use them...And are used by them as well.. It is a symbiotic relationship....Just as there are a few bad apples, in all fields of endeavor, there are going to be those in the media as well... It is
something to which there is no real answer....but i dont believe..censorship,, and i do believe it is that...Is a better alternative.

Beautiful mind

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2712 on: April 04, 2007, 07:47:53 pm »
I have to make a change to my post for clarification:  I was talking about complaining to the gossip sites that buy or take the pics, such as Splash News, x17, WENN, etc etc.  I was not suggesting to target the fan sites IHeartJake, Jake Watch, BetterMost, Dave Cullen, EnnisJack or any other fan site.  I think most of you knew that, right?

I think most (if not all) of us knew that, yes.

But it was OK for me to lambaste JustJared, wasn't it?  ;)

No more beans!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2713 on: April 04, 2007, 08:13:55 pm »
hey barb i love your Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid avatar.  way cool

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2714 on: April 05, 2007, 12:53:18 am »

I never say that they owe us anything...But they do know the media is there, and they do use them...And are used by them as well.. It is a symbiotic relationship....Just as there are a few bad apples, in all fields of endeavor, there are going to be those in the media as well... It is
something to which there is no real answer....but i dont believe..censorship,, and i do believe it is that...Is a better alternative.

I agree.  There are downside to every job.  This is theirs.  After all, actors/stars are used and use the media themselves.  After all, as I said over on the Gossip thread, some stars are so pissed off at the media hounding them, they call a press conference to complain about it.   :P  Hello!  If they weren't a media darling, no one would give a shit about them calling a press conference!  Princess Diana hated being hounded by the media...well,up until she wanted them to pass the word about something [shrug].

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2715 on: April 05, 2007, 08:54:33 am »
hey barb i love your Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid avatar.  way cool

Why, thank you.  I thought it seemed fitting somehow.  :)
No more beans!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #2716 on: April 05, 2007, 09:19:48 am »
Why, thank you.  I thought it seemed fitting somehow.  :)

yes Barb it fits perfect.   Wouldn't those two make a great couple!  if you'd be so kind, could you post the full size pic
thanks

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2717 on: April 05, 2007, 10:13:10 am »
yes Barb it fits perfect.   Wouldn't those two make a great couple!  if you'd be so kind, could you post the full size pic
thanks

I'll see what I can do.  I got the avatar from avatarity.com - don't know if I can get to the full-size photo from there.  In the meantime, this one is rather nice, too:

No more beans!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #2718 on: April 05, 2007, 10:17:08 am »
I'll see what I can do.  I got the avatar from avatarity.com - don't know if I can get to the full-size photo from there.  In the meantime, this one is rather nice, too:

Nice thanks!  A couple of hotties.  The Ennis and Jack of 1974. hehehe

Scott6373

« Reply #2719 on: April 05, 2007, 10:21:15 am »
I always get a kick out of it when I see those two fellers come up in discussions of Jake and/or Heath.  The parallels are quite intriguing.