Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178938 times)

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3550 on: January 26, 2008, 04:48:55 pm »
I bet it does atz.  I bet it does. 

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3551 on: January 28, 2008, 12:15:09 pm »
Hi Gyllenhaalics  :)

Anybody got a spare $5,000?  If so, You could have lunch with Jake in Connecticut: 

http://www.charityfolks.com/cfauctions/auction_search.asp?srch=sr&q=Jake+Gyllenhaal
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3552 on: January 28, 2008, 12:21:49 pm »
Hmmm. Wasn't there a similar auction a while back where one of the slash writers at the DC board ended up with the winning bid? Wonder if that meeting / lunch has actually taken place. I've never heard anything more about it.

As a Brokeback fan I really wouldn't know what to say to Jake just now that wouldn't risk seeming overly trite or unintentionally invasive (I'd stumble out of the proper road into either of those trenches, I'm sure) so I'm glad this is not something I could participate in!

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
« Reply #3553 on: January 30, 2008, 11:12:04 pm »
Hi Gyllenhaalics  :)

Anybody got a spare $5,000?  If so, You could have lunch with Jake in Connecticut: 

http://www.charityfolks.com/cfauctions/auction_search.asp?srch=sr&q=Jake+Gyllenhaal

WOW  I wonder if this is that moon project movie.   I thought he would be taking a break from filming after Brothers was done.

maybe he needs to work too, keep his mind busy.

and yeah I WISH I had a spare $5000

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3554 on: February 01, 2008, 08:47:23 am »
Rendition premieres here today at long last, with very little fanfare.

I'll make an effort to get to see it sometimes during the weekend, and then I'll be sure to write something about what I thought of it.

Rendition and I'm not there are now both running in the local cinema - so in there, if not in RL, Jake and Heath are both present together.   :-\

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3555 on: February 01, 2008, 06:24:34 pm »
Rendition premieres here today at long last, with very little fanfare.

I'll make an effort to get to see it sometimes during the weekend, and then I'll be sure to write something about what I thought of it.

Rendition and I'm not there are now both running in the local cinema - so in there, if not in RL, Jake and Heath are both present together.   :-\

That is a nice, though somewhat bittersweet, thought, Mikaela...

(just goes to show, somehow, that those we love never leave us entirely...)  :-\
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3556 on: February 01, 2008, 10:22:24 pm »
Thanks for posting this Nutmeg...  It is certainly a touching article and one of the great, classic pics of the two of them together.  So far, this article seems to be the most substantial information we have about Jake and how he's coping.

The part about him pinning that photo up, really is quite remarkable. 

Poor Jake. :(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #3557 on: February 01, 2008, 11:45:29 pm »
I am certain they loved each other like brothers.  Jake probably feels like he's lost a member of his family.  His heart must be breaking.. . . . . . :'(

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #3558 on: February 02, 2008, 04:13:14 pm »
I am certain they loved each other like brothers.  Jake probably feels like he's lost a member of his family.  His heart must be breaking.. . . . . . :'(

Yes it must be in pieces. :'( :'(
You know what makes me mad though? I keep thinking, why does God have to take the good ones? Why can,t he take some of the bastards in this world? There,s plenty of em to choose from. ffs why did he have to take Heath? It,s just so f*****g unfair. >:( >:( >:(

mvansand76

« Reply #3559 on: February 02, 2008, 04:19:02 pm »
Yes he must be in pieces. :'( :'(
You know what makes me mad though? I keep thinking, why does God have to take the good ones? Why can,t he take some of the bastards in this world? There,s plenty of em to choose from. ffs why did he have to take Heath? It,s just so f*****g unfair. >:( >:( >:(

I know, Souxi, I tend to think like this too. When I heard that my sister had cancer a few months ago I kicked and screamed, and asked my boyfriend why this had to happen to her and not to our 70 year old neighbour who has always been a chain-smoking, trash-eating, binge-drinking asshole. It just doesn't work like that. I don't believe in God so I am not going to say that God must've had other plans for him, but I would like to believe he is in a good place now, not in a better place, because what place could be better than with his little daughter?

:'(