Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178801 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3730 on: February 29, 2008, 01:52:29 pm »
I'm afraid to agree with Mikaela; I also feel a little disappointed with Jake.The question is not if he must have spoken or not much before;I've already said that if it had served to "nurture" some kind of vultures about some very personal questions,it would be better to him to shut up.I feel disappointed for not having attended his good friend's burial-according to all evidences,that's true...-and the general sense of let the "thing" apart that he seems to have.I don't mind,really,if fans insult me or something like that; good actors are,above all,human being,with all that this means.I'm sorry.

I,m not so much disapointed as surprised really. I,m sure I,m not the only one who expected him to say something after Heath died. He is Matildas godfather and they were best friends, even if they didnt see each other all that much, so yes I,m surprised. As time goes on though, it,s looking less likely that he,ll say anything. I do think it,s a bit odd. :-\

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3731 on: February 29, 2008, 02:15:51 pm »
My current thought about Jake not making a statement has to do with his awareness of his Brokie fan-base in relation to the tragedy with Heath.  On the one hand I can understand that his reaction to this tragedy (at this point and based on the evidence that we know about) was very private.  And, that's perfectly fine and could just be the way he handles grief and the difficulty of the situation.  One could imagine another scenario, however, where he could have said or done something to try to comfort/ reach-out to Brokeback fans (whom he must know would be taking this whole situation particularly hard). It could have been tremendously meaningful to Brokies if done right I think. But, it would have demonstrated an interest in reaching out to fans that I don't know is part of Jake's normal m.o.   So, this might be an unrealistic thing to even think about.  I still don't think that a eulogy of some sort is too much to ask (while I do think intrusive tabloid-esque desire for displays of personal grief would be inappropriate)

But, I've said it before and I'll say it again... that as a Brokie I find it odd that we've heard from Daniel Day-Lewis as one of the most gracious formal eulogies so far and not from Jake.  It's nice that Ang Lee said something and of course Michelle.  I mean, if Michelle and Heath's family could find the strength and feel the need to make some sort of public gesture, it's hard to understand Jake's particularly withdrawn stance so far (aside from the one L.A. memorial that it seems he did attend).

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #3732 on: February 29, 2008, 02:19:08 pm »
My current thought about Jake not making a statement has to do with his awareness of his Brokie fan-base in relation to the tragedy with Heath.  On the one hand I can understand that his reaction to this tragedy (at this point and based on the evidence that we know about) was very private.  And, that's perfectly fine and could just be the way he handles grief and the difficulty of the situation.  One could imagine another scenario, however, where he could have said or done something to try to comfort/ reach-out to Brokeback fans (whom he must know would be taking this whole situation particularly hard). It could have been tremendously meaningful to Brokies if done right I think. But, it would have demonstrated an interest in reaching out to fans that I don't know is part of Jake's normal m.o.   So, this might be an unrealistic thing to even think about.  I still don't think that a eulogy of some sort is too much to ask (while I do think intrusive tabloid-esque desire for displays of personal grief would be inappropriate)

But, I've said it before and I'll say it again... that as a Brokie I find it odd that we've heard from Daniel Day-Lewis as one of the most gracious formal eulogies so far and not from Jake.  It's nice that Ang Lee said something and of course Michelle.  I mean, if Michelle and Heath's family could find the strength and feel the need to make some sort of public gesture, it's hard to understand Jake's particularly withdrawn stance so far (aside from the one L.A. memorial that it seems he did attend).

Yep totally agree with all of that. I mean poor Heath,s parents and his sister, who were absolutly heartbroken and still are obviously, found the strength to say something, Michelle did, yet from Jake, nothing. Maybe we,ll never know why. :-\

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #3733 on: February 29, 2008, 02:30:57 pm »
I,m not so much disapointed as surprised really. I,m sure I,m not the only one who expected him to say something after Heath died. He is Matildas godfather and they were best friends, even if they didnt see each other all that much, so yes I,m surprised. As time goes on though, it,s looking less likely that he,ll say anything. I do think it,s a bit odd. :-\
But I repite that the most important point is not to say anything or not say it;bearing in mind that anything he had said had been taken in a wrong sense,that's for sure...If he had shown too much grief,he had been criticised or there had been some speculations about his private life;if he had said nothing,as this is the case,he had been criticised for being "too cold".I guess it hasn't been an easy time for him,not only for having lost a friend,but for the circumstances around him.
The most important thing,for me,is not this silence,but this being apart of any respect behaviour to Heath's family;even Sienna Miller,who only did a movie with him,attended his burial-according to what I know-,why not Jake?.Is more important to keep his intimity safe or to be with a friend in his last journey?This,if his intimity was going to be attacked if he had gone to the burial,f.e.,when a simple word of "No comment" could be effective...
As you say,one can feel surprised,if disappointed is a too hard word;but unpleasantly surprised,maybe?.Words are not important;less,much less than facts...
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #3734 on: February 29, 2008, 02:47:31 pm »
But I repite that the most important point is not to say anything or not say it;bearing in mind that anything he had said had been taken in a wrong sense,that's for sure...If he had shown too much grief,he had been criticised or there had been some speculations about his private life;if he had said nothing,as this is the case,he had been criticised for being "too cold".I guess it hasn't been an easy time for him,not only for having lost a friend,but for the circumstances around him.
The most important thing,for me,is not this silence,but this being apart of any respect behaviour to Heath's family;even Sienna Miller,who only did a movie with him,attended his burial-according to what I know-,why not Jake?.Is more important to keep his intimity safe or to be with a friend in his last journey?This,if his intimity was going to be attacked if he had gone to the burial,f.e.,when a simple word of "No comment" could be effective...
As you say,one can feel surprised,if disappointed is a too hard word;but unpleasantly surprised,maybe?.Words are not important;less,much less than facts...

Forgive me for being dense but I don,t understand what you mean in these two quotes? Why would he be criticized for saying something after Heath died? If anything it would be welcomed. No one else in the entertainment business who said anything was criticized for it, so I,m sorry I,m not sure I understand what you mean. Also the part about being with his friend on his last journey, ie his funeral, well why not? People go to their friends funerals all the time to pay their last respects, so why not Jake? Again forgive me if I,m being dense, and I mean no disrespect but I honestly don,t get your point.  :-\

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3735 on: February 29, 2008, 02:55:56 pm »
Well, I have not seen a photo of Heath and Jake together in a long time.  Oh, I've seen photos of Jake in NYC.  I wonder if he ever got together with Heath and it wasn't publicized, i.e. privacy ??? 

I supose the truth will come out some day. Don't know what to make of Jake's silence.  Doesn't seem like the Jake I knew.  He's starting a new film, per this link http://www.wetdarkandwild.blogspot.com/ so life does go on.   

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #3736 on: February 29, 2008, 03:03:40 pm »
Well, I have not seen a photo of Heath and Jake together in a long time.  Oh, I've seen photos of Jake in NYC.  I wonder if he ever got together with Heath and it wasn't publicized, i.e. privacy ??? 
I supose the truth will come out some day. Don't know what to make of Jake's silence.  Doesn't seem like the Jake I knew.  He's starting a new film, per this link http://www.wetdarkandwild.blogspot.com/ so life does go on.   

Exactly. Just because they were rarely seen together, doesn,t mean they didn,t get together. If they had been out and about together, especially after BBM, there would have been endless speculation about their friendship wouldn,t there. Maybe they sent each other texts every day or every other day. Maybe they emailed each other every week and kept in touch that way, who knows.  I don,t know what to make of Jakes silence either. Could be a million reasons, could be only one. Maybe we,ll know, maybe we won,t. It won,t stop us speculating and wondering though.  :-\  That last bit you said made me sad...life does go on, but without Heath.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3737 on: February 29, 2008, 03:08:50 pm »

Well, it's only been 2 years (give or take) since the bulk of the BBM publicity was done... so that's not really that long ago (in terms of the photos and evidence that we do have of Jake and Heath hanging out and going to events together).  Also, it's been speculated that they may have gone out of their way to avoid being caught hanging out together in their private lives because that would surely create some amount of sensation... or temptation for paparazzi, etc.  And, when you think about how celebrities operate... with their long filmming/travel/promotional schedules it seems like even couples spend lots and lots of time apart.  So, the time Jake and Heath spent literally together recently doesn't seem to be a great indicator of the level of their friendship.  I've also said this before... two of my best friends live quite far away from me at this point and I only see them in person (at best) once or twice a year.  But, they're still my best friends in terms of affection/ sense of connection.

[souxi!  Your post came in as I was writing this!]
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #3738 on: February 29, 2008, 03:13:13 pm »
Well, it's only been 2 years (give or take) since the bulk of the BBM publicity was done... so that's not really that long ago (in terms of the photos and evidence that we do have of Jake and Heath hanging out and going to events together).  Also, it's been speculated that they may have gone out of their way to avoid being caught hanging out together in their private lives because that would surely create some amount of sensation... or temptation for paparazzi, etc.  And, when you think about how celebrities operate... with their long filmming/travel/promotional schedules it seems like even couples spend lots and lots of time apart.  So, the time Jake and Heath spent literally together recently doesn't seem to be a great indicator of the level of their friendship.  I've also said this before... two of my best friends live quite far away from me at this point and I only see them in person (at best) once or twice a year.  But, they're still my best friends in terms of affection/ sense of connection.

[souxi!  Your post came in as I was writing this!]
:)

Great minds think alike Amanda.  ;D

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #3739 on: February 29, 2008, 03:37:24 pm »
Forgive me for being dense but I don,t understand what you mean in these two quotes? Why would he be criticized for saying something after Heath died? If anything it would be welcomed. No one else in the entertainment business who said anything was criticized for it, so I,m sorry I,m not sure I understand what you mean. Also the part about being with his friend on his last journey, ie his funeral, well why not? People go to their friends funerals all the time to pay their last respects, so why not Jake? Again forgive me if I,m being dense, and I mean no disrespect but I honestly don,t get your point.  :-\

Sorry,who was dense it's me,because I don't control English well enough as to make me understand... ??? I meant by being criticised if he demonstrated too grief that,obviously,he isn't like the other actors who had worked with Heath.Some paps have wanted to create a kind of BBM off screen between them-or at least,this is what I understand...-,the same than there have been some speculations about his private life and sexual orientation; so,some questions perhaps would have been too indiscreet for him,more than to the other persons.That's what I meant by "being criticised",or better said,he would have been-and as a matter of fact,he has been...-more in the public gossip eye-I don't know if you said it so...,sorry again :( -.
The other question,being with his friend in his funeral,that's is: why not? Why hasn't he been? At least,he hadn't been seen in Perth,had he?That's what I asked for,I didn't find strange that he went,but that he didn't go then nor in any public or private-as it seems-ceremonies for Heath's memory.Have I explained myself well enough this time?.
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.