Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178957 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3890 on: May 10, 2008, 02:07:58 pm »
I also see Jake's filmography on IMDB.com has him in the PRINCE OF PERSIA: SANDS OF TIME, based on the video game. It's probably time for him to take a break from doing political or heavy films.......
Oh, I don't know. Depends how you spin it. Persia being Iran, the hub of the axis of evil, and all, - I'm sure the film can be seen as some kind of methaphor over the current world situation and the ongoing "battle of good and evil" if one just tries hard enough!  ;D

.......and do something fun for a change.
I happened to stumble across a "prince of persia" computer game promo in a local paper some days ago, and that looked very fun and promising in one certain respect: If Jake is gonna dress up (or rather: dress down  ;) ) like the princely image I saw there, he'll have to return to the more buff and waaaay better-looking version of himself than we've seen lately. (Though at least -thank the stars! -  he's not looking like grizzly Adams anymore!) The way Jake used to look in Brokeback/Proof/Jarhead had a strong appeal to me, to say no more  - so I wouldn't mind seeing the return of the geeky-gorgeous hunk.  :P

As for the likely content of that particular movie, not so much. Not at all, in fact. Not my cup of tea.  ::)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3891 on: May 10, 2008, 07:31:35 pm »
We are thinking about you Jake G. !

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3892 on: May 12, 2008, 07:11:51 pm »
Problems with NAILED. Has a Jake film ever fallen thru before.  By the way, I recently read he tried out for the part that James McAvoy played in Atonement but didn't get it. I think it would have been a great role for Jake though some ppl might be tired of him getting invovled in another tragic romance film at the moment.
============================================================================================
"Updated: Nailed derailed?

Saturday afternoon update, from a FITS commenter:
the movie was only shut down for the day and it was on Friday (we had extras at the State House on Friday)…i hear they are back to filming starting possibly Monday and definitely Tuesday. I work in the State House and they have filmed a lot there and will be back Monday or Tuesday we are told

Let's hope this poster has or is a good source!

UPDATE from Nikki Finke (and it doesn't look any better):

SATURDAY AM UPDATE: I'm told by knowledgeable sources that David O. Russell's indie political comedy Nailed which began filming April 15th was shut down by the Screen Actors Guild on Thursday because of a "cash crunch". I've also learned the shoot is in trouble with both the IATSE and Teamsters unions, and some members have left the beleaguered production. Rumors also are circulating that the state of South Carolina could withdraw its incentive monies because of the financing problems. An insider confirms for me: "SAG told the actors to leave on Thursday. And then the actors came back on Friday. It's been touch and go the entire time. The financiers are doing the best they can. There's been a cash crunch, that's for sure. It's a drag, but they'll muddle though. Everyone seems happy and committed to the movie and hopeful all this stuff will get worked out." I'm told Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel and the other name actors are all standing by to see if the movie can continue to completion.

Hollywood insider Nikki Finke broke some interesting, unsettling news about the movie Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel are filming in Columbia, S.C. According to Finke's sources, filming has been halted due to financing issues.

I'm told by knowledgeable sources that David O. Russell's indie pic Nailed may have been put on hold yesterday. It's a risque political comedy starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel who sources say are standing by to see if the movie can continue to completion. The script co-written by Al Gore's daughter Kristen (once a staff writer on Futurama) and Russell began filming April 15th. Details are sketchy, but I've gleaned that the pic's predicament is related to its financing, not to its helmer Russell. ...

One source with insider knowledge about the production tells me, "The actors are waiting to see if the movie will continue. It's kind of amazing, really."

Nailed director David O. Russell is no stranger to tumult. It's worth checking this link in Finke's column. It's Lily Tomlin's reaction to the infamous videos making their appearance on YouTube. She's remarkably sanguine about it, seeming to hold no ill will toward Russell. James Caan and George Clooney probably have a different take.
I hope when all is said and done on Nailed that Jake has no regrets!"

http://gyllenbabble.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=15

There are some nice pictures with the articles.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3893 on: May 14, 2008, 05:47:28 am »

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3894 on: May 14, 2008, 06:13:51 pm »

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #3895 on: May 14, 2008, 11:08:16 pm »
I believe it

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3896 on: May 15, 2008, 04:27:35 am »
I believe it

You believe which?  The rumours or him laughing at the rumours?  And why do they keep using a picture of Jake getting into his car in a parking garage?  Though he has on his brown and black plaid "I'm wearing this as a symbol of my mourning for Heath" shirt.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3897 on: May 15, 2008, 08:44:42 am »
"Though he has on his brown and black plaid "I'm wearing this as a symbol of my mourning for Heath" shirt."

Really? How do you know?

Not saying it can't be the case, but plaid is totally en vogue at the moment!

Offline optom3

« Reply #3898 on: May 15, 2008, 09:53:59 am »
It would have been nice to have seen him make another film with Heath. I don,t mean a gay themed move, just anything really. No chance of that now though.  :'(

Personally I would have loved a remake of another country with the two of them.Heath was so good with accents,I am sure he would have got the British one down,no problem.
Ah well ! as you say, no chance of that now.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3899 on: May 15, 2008, 10:14:29 am »
Yes, it would have been so great to see both Heath and Jake again in a same movie !!

Why so many did not want even a second BM movie, when I asked for it ?

I wanted a BM II !!