Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178901 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3960 on: May 31, 2008, 05:39:58 pm »
I had read not too long ago that Jake and a non famous person (well I never heard of the person) were thinking of opening a restaurant in Los Angeles.  Has anyone heard of thiis?  I'd be a frequent dinner if I lived in L.A.  ;)  However, if he's going into the POP thing, perhaps his schedule will get too busy for him to get involved with a restaurant.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3961 on: May 31, 2008, 06:18:32 pm »
Well, he could still fund the restaurant, I suppose, and lend his name to its success - and dine there - on occasion!  :)

And do a deal with the Studio to make the decor and menu all PoP related, seeing that such fantasy type franchises need lots and lots of product placement and tie-ins.  ;)

Yes - I'm only kidding about the last bit.

We should all first watch PoP before we judge.

Of course, that's a given. It's one reason why I'm waiting for The Dark Knight with equal and huge parts anticipation and trepidation - I wasn't and am still not thrilled about Heath Ledger lending his considerable and unique acting talent to portraying a sado-masochistic psychopath for mere entertainment of popcorn-munching crowd purposes. But I sincerely am hoping he'll prove my misgivings entirely wrong and bowl me over in total awe.

And so I'll have to hope the same for Jake, although stepping into Orlando Bloom's shoes can't be the same as stepping into Jack Nicholson's. Strictly IMO of course.

In the meantime, it would be interesting to know a bit more about the details of the plot of PoP. So I'm still interested if/when anyone has any info.

mvansand76

« Reply #3962 on: June 01, 2008, 03:46:36 am »
I felt like a right b*tch for writing that, since the film was obviously earnest and well-intentioned, however longwinded. And there *was* one decent acting job in it (namely, that of Omar Metwally). The plot in all its PC-ness turned from merely limping along to incredulity-defying to plain utterly hopeless at the end, though, and most of the acting was either OTT or phoning it in. So the truth will out; I own nearly all Jake's films on DVD, but when last I was in London and saw Rendition on display, I just shook my head at buying the thing - wasn't something I ever care to have to watch again.

Not even for the tiny redeeming feature of an opening shot & ditto scene of Jake which was kind of... PoP material. ;)

Well, then I am going to sound like a major raving b***h when I say I haven't liked any of the movies that Jake has been in since Brokeback (Proof, Rendition, Zodiac) and that is the main reason I have 'lost interest' in him as an actor. Two of those movies I haven't even finished watching.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3963 on: June 01, 2008, 08:10:18 am »
Well, then I am going to sound like a major raving b***h when I say I haven't liked any of the movies that Jake has been in since Brokeback (Proof, Rendition, Zodiac) and that is the main reason I have 'lost interest' in him as an actor. Two of those movies I haven't even finished watching.

I thought Zodiac was very good, Rendition and Proof not so much. Maybe you'll like his upcoming movies?  ;)

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3964 on: June 01, 2008, 04:50:06 pm »
Jake and Reese attend Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes party:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b140297_tomkat_hosts_a-list_house_warming_bash.html

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3965 on: June 01, 2008, 05:19:58 pm »
Oh no! That's the only thing missing - that Jake becomes one of that (IMO) scary group of Scientology hang-around self-congratulatory celebs surrounding Tom Cruise! They somehow look more as made of plastic than as living, breathing people.  :-\

Offline optom3

« Reply #3966 on: June 01, 2008, 06:14:10 pm »
Oh no! That's the only thing missing - that Jake becomes one of that (IMO) scary group of Scientology hang-around self-congratulatory celebs surrounding Tom Cruise! They somehow look more as made of plastic than as living, breathing people.  :-\

Oh I so hate all of that.If he goes down that road he will end up with a stupid name like reegyl/gylleree or some such.If he is really like that crowd,and I so hope not.Then I am not surprised that he maybe was not as friendly with Heath a we thought.It is the complete antithesis of everything Heath was.Tomkat puke!!!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3967 on: June 01, 2008, 06:48:38 pm »
They're already called the "Gyllenspoon" in some circles.   :P

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3968 on: June 01, 2008, 09:02:09 pm »

Aren't Michelle Williams and Katie Holmes pretty good friends?  Somehow I thought that was the case.  Maybe there's some kind of six-degrees-of-separation type thing going on here in terms of Jake and Reese being friendly with Tom and Katie.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3969 on: June 01, 2008, 09:10:14 pm »
That's right, atz. Michelle and Katie were in a series together -- was it "Dawson's Creek" -- I think.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~