Author Topic: Movie: I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry  (Read 18796 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Movie: I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 11:32:15 am »
Oh, yeah, Jessica Biel, that's what all straight women do with their gay male friends, undress to their bra and underwear in their presence and invite them to touch our breasts.  ::) ::)

Well actually, it happened to me, lol!  A (straight female) cousin of mine got herself some breast implants a few years back, I think she chose the Pamela Lee model because they were quite...generous, and when I first saw her with them she insisted I touch them to see how real they felt.  Well, they didn't look OR feel real to me but then my experience with female breasts is somewhat limited, lol!  She down-sized them when she hit her forties.  She quite the character.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 03:31:41 pm »
Of course! As long as there's no sexual attraction involved, I invite pretty much anybody to grope just about any part of my body.

:laugh: :laugh:  Oh yeah, me too!   :laugh: :laugh:
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 03:43:34 pm »
Straight womon have asked me to touch their breasts before too, and it always makes me feel very weird and awkward feeling when I do it. I'm not repulsed by it, but I don't enjoy doing it either. It's a "meh... whatever" type of thing I guess. I'm never really sure what kind of reaction women expect from us when they ask us to do it.  ???
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 03:47:12 pm »
Straight womon have asked me to touch their breasts before too, and it always makes me feel very weird and awkward feeling when I do it. I'm not repulsed by it, but I don't enjoy doing it either. It's a "meh... whatever" type of thing I guess. I'm never really sure what kind of reaction women expect from us when they ask us to do it.  ???

Well darlin, you and the rest of the boys around here can rest assured, I promise, IF we ever meet I will NOT be asking you to touch my breasts  :laugh:  Now I will however expect a hug.  :laugh:  ( Dottie shaking her head and wondering about SOME women out there)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Scott6373

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 03:51:40 pm »
I think it's highly inappropriate for anyone to ask another person to touch them in such a manner.  OMG I would just die if a female friend said touch my boobs...just die.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 07:26:21 pm »

Some years ago a dear friend of mine decided to have a breast implant operation. She had just been through a somewhat messy divorce and found herself back in the dating game after many years absence. Coupled with this, she was having troubles with her wilful adolescent daughter and her self esteem was at a low ebb.

So, yes, she figured big boobs would solved all her problems. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

She came to visit me shortly after the operation and was wearing a tight, plunging sweater. As she walked in my front door, she lifted the sweater and, shaking her newly acquired accoutrement from left to right and bouncing them up and down, excitedly asked, "What do you think? Aren't they beautiful?"

Well, "beautiful" is not the word that was on my mind at that time. "Big" maybe, but not "beautiful."

And when she invited me to "feel how real" they were, I decided it was time for me to retreat to the kitchen and prepare afternoon tea.

I graciously declined her generous (and for me, extremely scary) offer to fondle her breasts.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 09:37:33 am »
"Chuck & Larry" is at 21% at rottentomatoes.com (with 14 reviews), but I found this review interesting. From the Village Voice:

Queer as Folk
If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it? The 'Adam Sandler gay-marriage movie' crassly disagrees.
by Nathan Lee
July 17th, 2007 2:39 PM

I can't speak to the achievement of I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry within the Adam Sandler oeuvre. Geeky Jews are totally my type, but Sandler's never suited my taste in comedy. His enormous popularity has always seemed one of those straight things I'll never understand, like the widespread delusion that Scarlett Johansson can act. Having recently registered for domestic partnership with my geeky Jew (hi, Glen!), and long annoyed by Hollywood homosexuals (suck my balls, Philadelphia), I approached "the Adam Sandler gay-marriage movie" with a little curiosity and a lot of baggage (made in Paris, Martin Margiela).

There are faggot jokes and flaming galore in Chuck and Larry, a movie that exploits gay stereotypes even as it mounts (from behind) an ingenious dismantling of homophobia. Made by straight people for straight people, this lowbrow comedy about super-butch firemen (Sandler and Kevin James) faking a gay marriage is a very queer landmark indeed. No joke, the bar has been raised, not least on the potential of "don't drop the soap" routines.

Somewhere in the cafeteria at GLAAD headquarters, girlfriend is about to choke on her quiche, but here goes: Tremendously savvy in its stupid way, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry is as eloquent as Brokeback Mountain, and even more radical. "The gay cowboy movie" liberated desires latent in the classic western, and made them palpable (and palatable) by channeling them into the strictures of another genre, romantic tragedy. Progressive values were advanced by a retreat to a traditional mode of storytelling, the love that dare not speak its name rendered intelligible through the universal language of the upscale weepy.

Chuck and Larry takes this strategy much further, baiting a far less adventuresome demographic. Gay themes won't deter the Sandler cult, who can rely on their man not to be a fag. And that, precisely, is the canny maneuver here. Our pussy-loving men's men are New York City firefighters to boot, the very embodiment of all-American heroism (and object of gay fetishism). Sandler's womanizing bachelor Chuck Levine reluctantly agrees to play the homo husband of his buddy Larry Valentine to help secure pension benefits for Larry's kids—one of whom, a flaming little 'mo named Eric (Cole Morgan), likes to practice numbers from Pippin in an outfit inspired by Flashdance. Oh, snap! Chuck and Larry is the first movie to effectively hijack that all-purpose justification for right-wing bigotry, "protecting the children," and redeploy it as a weapon of the homosexual intifada.

Where the clowning queers of Birdcage invite us to laugh at their antics, the faux-mos in Chuck and Larry disarm prejudice by unabashedly reveling in its idiotic assumptions. "I used to wrestle in high school," is the gayest thing Chuck can think of, "and, uh, I liked it." The movie isn't effective despite the egregious gay stereotypes; it couldn't work without them. Through the medium of an Adam Sandler comedy, with all the requisite vulgarity, we're given access to what it feels like to be ostracized, to live under false pretenses, to suffer a sham marriage. It does with crass what Brokeback did with class, slipping dangerous sentiments into the safest of genres.

This sodomite had a gay old time. The coup of the movie is that Sandlerites will, too. They're the ones unmistakably addressed in the courtroom climax, the moment when Chuck and Larry confess their deceptions and assert their principles. Momentarily possessed by remarkable authenticity, Sandler seems to step out of character as he appeals to the crowd to stop using the word "faggot." I've used it a lot myself in the past, he says in a manner less like a line reading than a mea culpa, but it hurts the same way it does if you called me a kike.

Sandler feels like the authentic auteur of that sentiment, even if the words are credited to Barry Fanaro, a writer-producer of The Golden Girls, and the writing team of Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor, creators of two or three of the most acclaimed American movies of the past 10 years. It's impossible to know how much of the final script derives from the authors of Election, About Schmidt, and Sideways, and how much flowed from the pen responsible, most recently, for Men in Black II. Kudos to all. I have never heard the cause of gay equality more delectably phrased than as "the right to put whatever you want up your ass."
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 10:01:48 am »
People are saying Brokeback Mountain is offensive to gay people?

That doesn't make any sense, does it?  ???

Hell No!
The movie Kind of sealed the deal for me.
It was like a two by four to the head and gut and woke me up to who I really am and how I need to live my life.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 10:22:51 am »
Thanks for posting that Village Voice review, Maine!

"Progressive values were advanced by a retreat to a traditional mode of storytelling . . . "   What great writing!

"I can't speak to the achievement of I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry within the Adam Sandler oeuvre."   :laugh:

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 10:41:27 am »
Straight womon have asked me to touch their breasts before too . . .
 I'm never really sure what kind of reaction women expect from us when they ask us to do it.

Now this is remarkable.

So far the SFs on this thread (myself included) are like "WTF?" about the boob-touch-request thing.  And the GMs seem to be confirming that yes, it's pretty common.

So what is up with this?