Author Topic: Ang Lee honored by Time Magazine  (Read 3539 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Ang Lee honored by Time Magazine
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:37:36 pm »
Thanks to Chris (slayers_creek_oth) for sending me news that Time magazine is honouring Ang Lee by including him on its list of 100 people who are shaping the world:

"[With] Brokeback Mountain, yet another unimaginable success, both with critics and audiences, [Lee] captivated the entire world and reached the pinnacle of moviemaking.

Lee's ability to be such a huge cross-cultural influence is, I think, unique. His Taiwanese upbringing, which kept him deeply rooted in the Chinese way of being and living, combined with his well-informed understanding of Western mores and filmmaking techniques have allowed him to speak to those two worlds in a way no other director has."

It's a lovely article - here is the link:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1187225,00.html

Nice work, Time!
-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

TJ

Re: Ang Lee honored by Time Magazine
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 10:10:25 pm »
The first thing I did when I got my latest Time magazine in the mail this afternoon, was flip throug the pages to look for Ang Lee. An illustration of him and the short article honoring him is on page 173.

It was good to see that a link to the Time article as posted there. Thanks a heap!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 10:28:22 pm »
Thanks for the news!  Last time I heard, Ang was considered for the 100 people.  But he was competing with Ziyi Zhang and another Korean singer.  I am very glad to know that Ang is finally recognized.

TJ

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 09:47:37 am »
Oh, I voted in the Time Poll for Ang Lee during the week that they did the poll for his category.

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 10:50:57 pm »

I can't believe it
I failed to vote for him and he still got in, must have done it on his own recognizance.

What Ang has done, just with Brokeback Mountain is staggering, and more than just a movie wins as he gets these awards.
His Brokeback Mountain can stand up to our dissection, and still be a work of art.

Congratulations, Ant.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 01:13:45 pm »
Thank you, Toask. --Lee
"chewing gum and duct tape"