Author Topic: What happens right after Tent Scene 1?  (Read 15306 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: What happens right after Tent Scene 1?
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 11:25:12 pm »
Even with nothing more thazn "4 nights in 20 years," I can see Jack grasp Ennis's hand right before he collapses on the tent floor, with Ennis's head on his back. I haven't seen a good DVD yet...bit i gues you would say that was no0t "after."
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 11:37:52 pm »
Well, Ennis seemingly didn't even have the energy to pull his pants back up before falling asleep that night.  I wonder if Jack was "fully dressed" aside from the coat.  If you know what I mean.  When Ennis sits up and gazes at Jack (he seems to look at him for a rather long, drawn-out moment), what is he seeing and more importantly what is he thinking?

Amanda, it's not like you to be so intriguingly leading like this?  *cheaky grin*  Although I've not really pondered it, it seems strange to me that Ennis doesn't manage to pull his pants back up.  Personally, I would wake up at some point wake up (after sobering I guess) wondering why my pants were around my knees.  As to what Ennis was thinking, maybe he was deciphering if he remembered what happened or if it was a dream?
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 12:49:15 am »
...and who is this kid anyway? Was that really me. I'M NOT GOING TO THINK ABOUT IT ANYMORE NOW.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 12:55:15 am »
As soon as Ennis wakes up and looks around, he gives kind of a cringy look and sinks back down under the covers. I've always wondered if he's feeling the headache, or remembering what happened.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 07:32:20 am »
My two cents;    They fell asleep.   Both were drinking, albeit Ennis seemed more drunk.

But as many will confess, guys tend to want to sleep after sex.    You can tell the next morning that Ennis wakes up with a headache and confused look.   Pants still down! Ha!     Jack may have had time to pull his coat on, but he didn't bother to tuck his shirt in.   I'm sure if Ennis hadn't rolled over and fell asleep that he would have put his coat back on too.   They just had a few blankets.  Not like todays warm sleeping bags.  Two people could probably sleep naked in one and stay warm.    Who wants to try?   ::)

TJ

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 06:49:31 pm »
Actually with the proper bedroll for camping out in the winter time, one person can keep warmer by himself if he sleeps naked. I have camped out when the temp was below freezing and it was snowing when we woke up the next morning. I did not realize how cold it was outside tent until I got up. I had been a little above freezing before we bedded down.

In the book, it seems that Jack did not have an extra blanket and that's why Ennis slept on the canvas floor of the tent. Ennis' tent (and bedroll ?) was hidden up where the sheep were grazed, Aguirre's orders. What was rolled up behind the saddle when the either of the guy left camp was only the thickness of a pup tent.

Also in the book, the guys fell asleep as soon as Ennis uncoupled from Jack's behind.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 06:52:49 pm »
 :) in my personal experience, once a guy gets off, he nods off  - there is usually no chit-chat, no cuddling, no kissing, just sleep :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 09:39:29 am by chefjudy »
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

TJ

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 04:49:04 pm »
Well, in my experience as an openly gay man, more often than not, there was "after-play," expression of gentle natural affection after the actual act of sexual intercourse. If in bed, we did not go right to sleep unless we had been tired before we went to bed.

In the book, it could have been 3:00 a.m. or later in the early morning before the guys went to sleep. Since after 2, Ennis was "dizzy drunk" before he slept for a while (Ennis did snore) and then woke up Jack with his teeth chattering, I prefer to think that the deepened intimacy was longer than the sex act and because the both of them were really tired, they quickly went back to sleep as soon as Ennis withdrew.

But, there are some guys who do not like to be touched at all after they have sex because the nerves in their skin (all over) become too sensitive.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 05:11:46 pm »
:) in my personal experience, once a guy gets off, he nods off  - there is usually no chit-chat, no cuddling, no kissing, just sleep :D

Depends on the time of day, I think...this is one of the reasons I like early am sex...after a night of sleep, you can talk, cuddle, kiss, whatever...

Hee hee hee--words my husband may like *almost* as much as "I love you"..."Lemme go brush my teeth..."
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

moremojo

Re: I can relate
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 05:27:25 pm »

Hee hee hee--words my husband may like *almost* as much as "I love you"..."Lemme go brush my teeth..."
This has a lot to do with what I find problematic with early-morning, first-thing-after-you-wake-up physical intimacy. I don't feel my freshest first thing I wake up, and I am terribly self-conscious of how I come across to another before my morning ablutions. Funny thing, though, the guys I've been with who have been partial to morning fun have never complained, so maybe I worry too much.

I do cherish that wonderful feeling, when I have experienced it, of waking up with a companion nestled against my body.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:20:10 pm by moremojo »