Author Topic: Movies You've Walked Out Of! It's your turn...  (Read 22946 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: They Blew Up Hollywood! It's your turn...
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 02:12:15 am »

Not Julianne Moore / Uma Thurman  ::  Harvey Keitel / William H. Macy     :P

:laugh:

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 02:24:33 pm »
Ooh!  Ooh!  I got one!

How about no more trailers that give away THE WHOLE FREAKIN' MOVIE???!!!

I feel better now.
No more beans!

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 09:21:16 am »
Woody Allen with (insert name of current 20 something hot young actress with large breasts)

Totally, MaineWriter!

A community cafe area where it's typical that people can gather afterward and talk about the movie.

Absolutely.  However, if people insist on gabbing during the screening and bother others, they get thrown the hell out!   8)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Movies You've Walked Out Of! It's your turn...
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 01:01:54 pm »
I'm changing the game a little bit. Are there movies you have walked out of? Or WISHED you had walked out of?

The only movie I can remember actually walking out of was "Life of Brian." I hated this movie and I usually love Monty Python stuff, but this truly sucked big time, IMO.

Movies I wish I had walked out of:

"Family Plot" (1976). The last thing directed by Alfred Hitchcock. What a snooze-fest and in fact, I fell asleep. I would have left except I was on a date, and he was driving.

"Mean Girls." The beginning of the end for Lindsay Lohan, I think. I wished I could have left but I was with my daughter. The movie actually got good reviews. The same thing for "The Family Stone" -- oh God, what a loathesome movie. Another one that got good reviews and one reviewer even said it would be the next "It's a Wonderful Life" of Christmas movies. Yeah, in which dysfunctional universe is that going to happen?

"The Rugrats Movie." Another I couldn't leave because I was with my children. Oh what a headache I had when this horrible thing was over.

"A Prairie Home Companion." Another movie where I fell asleep in the middle and another movie that had good reviews. Huh? See comment above on L. Lohan. She was in PHC, too. Ugh.

Others?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 01:05:38 pm »
I really hated these two movies, but other people REALLY loved them, so I'm not saying they are bad movies.......just saying they were not my cuppa tea!

I didn't walk out---I was with others---but I would have if I'd been alone.

"Lady in the Water"

"Glengarry Glen Ross"
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott6373

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 01:07:04 pm »
I walked out on two movies.

"Hannah and Her Sisters"  Woody Allen is so tedious

"Bull Durham"  I fell sound sleep during it, and woke up when the credits were rolling.  This counts as walking out, because I did go to another place  :)

moremojo

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 01:25:56 pm »
My dream is to own an arthouse drive-in.
Barb, this gave me a smile, as it reminded me of a scene in the 1981 film Polyester, written and directed by John Waters. There is a moment when Todd (played by Tab Hunter) takes Francine (played by Divine) on a date to an arthouse drive-in showing the "latest hits of Marguerite Duras"( :laugh:). In the lobby, copies of Cahiers du cinema are available for perusal, and the screened ad for refreshments features not dancing sodas and hot dogs, but mineral water and upscale delicacies similarly choreographed to a soothing voice-over extolling the "art of cinema".

What kind of cinematic wonderland was Baltimore circa 1981? ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 01:28:45 pm »
One I didn't walk out of, because I never saw it in the theater, but sure turned off--I was trying to watch it on Turner Classics:

Rocky

That's right. Rocky. The original one.

Jesus H., I found it unwatchable. And I live in Philadelphia!  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Scott6373

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 01:29:44 pm »
One I didn't walk out of, because I never saw it in the theater, but sure turned off--I was trying to watch it on Turner Classics:

Rocky

Unwatchable and unintelligible.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 01:34:44 pm »

Rocky

Unwatchable and unintelligible.

Absolutely!

(Now, when I get run out of Philadelphia on a rail for admitting that, can I come live you and Grady?  :laugh: )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.