Author Topic: Movies You've Walked Out Of! It's your turn...  (Read 22970 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Movies You've Walked Out Of! It's your turn...
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2007, 12:18:13 am »
As a public service, I'll tell you, from the reviews I have been reading, Balls of Fury may be walk-worthy. This is from Pajiba (www.pajiba.com):

Can Balls of Fury really be that bad? Ummm … yeah. Actually, maybe a little worse. I mean, when a film fails to elicit a single laugh from an entire audience of 12-year-olds, you know you’re more off base than a philandering army wife with a bad case of the black snake moan. Balls of Fury was terrible; an inept script executed with all the skill of a drunken firing squad aiming shotguns with all the propulsive power of a wet fart. You may not die watching Balls of Fury, but you’ll wish you had.

L

I have lately been wondering what on earth is going on in Christopher Walken's mind??  I know he is weird, and has made weird movies, but he has also been in good, interesting, unique movies.  I watched him in Click the other night (yeck) and now he is in this ridiculous Balls of Fury??  What ever happened to making real comedies?  Real life can be very funny - why so much of the inanely stupid these days??  When did stupid start counting for funny??
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Movies You've Walked Out Of! It's your turn...
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2007, 08:06:28 am »
I have lately been wondering what on earth is going on in Christopher Walken's mind??  I know he is weird, and has made weird movies, but he has also been in good, interesting, unique movies.  I watched him in Click the other night (yeck) and now he is in this ridiculous Balls of Fury??  What ever happened to making real comedies?  Real life can be very funny - why so much of the inanely stupid these days??  When did stupid start counting for funny??

Good question, Kelly. From that same Pajiba review, this is what they had to say ....

...run by Christopher Walken, who I think is supposed to be Asian in the film. You never really know with Walken — he’s got one gear, and it’s apparently kooky; I mean, is there anything else Walken can do? He’s got 109 credits to his name, and I bet they’re all variations of kooky: Asshole kooky (Wedding Crashers), authoritarian kooky (Catch Me If You Can), hokey kooky (Blast from the Past), psycho kooky (Pulp Fiction), disturbed kooky (The Deer Hunter), awesome kooky (Fatboy Slim’s video), what-the-fuck kooky (Gigli) and, his most popular variation of late: Paycheck kooky.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!