Author Topic: OT: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 is a KILLER movie! GO!  (Read 59294 times)

rtprod

Re: OT: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 is a KILLER movie! GO!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 01:31:47 pm »
Well, I'm certainly trying to get some of these films off the ground with everyone but I'm batting 0 for 2 these days!  Tough Crowd!

First no one wants to see United 93, and now Mission Impossible 3 is going to tank on the CT board as well -- LOL.

Let's see what comes next...

Oh, and I don't like Tom Cruise much as a person these days either, so I feel the same.  But I can accept him as an actor in a role like this, because it is what he does best. 

;D

rt
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 01:33:52 pm by rtprod »

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 01:35:07 pm »
I'll most likely see Mission Impossible 3. I don't like Tom Cruise either, but not strongly enough to boycot a movie that I will probably enjoy. Thanks for the tip rt!

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 01:46:22 pm »
Part 2 was a disaster in my book, completely laughable garbage misdirected by John Woo, and the first one was certainly competent.  This is a whole new ballgame, and stands apart from both. 

This is a terrific film, and I think it's sad to throw the baby out with the bathwater over Cruise.  He's always a good actor -- Collateral, anyone? -- and here he is very effective. 

Juan, just let go of that and you'll have a great time watching this one, trust me. 

rt
Ohmigod, part 2 was so ridiculous!  That fight on the train, what's it called, from England to France.  I was like, give me a break.  I like John Woo, he's been so off his game for a while. 

I didn't see Collateral but I probably will on cable at some point.  I hear what you're saying, but certain actors that I have issues with, after a certain point I find it hard to watch their movies.  But never say never - I wound up seeing Signs despite the fact that Mel Gibson was in it.

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 01:55:07 pm »
I wound up seeing Signs despite the fact that Mel Gibson was in it.

Not a Gibson fan?   :)

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 01:57:28 pm »
I love Signs..just thought I'd share that lol

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 01:59:23 pm »
I love Signs..just thought I'd share that lol

I liked Signs too......but I hate Mel Gibson.......with a Passion  (no pun intended)

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 02:01:39 pm »
He's alright I guess..I like him as an actor, not so much as a person.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 02:03:48 pm »
He's alright I guess..I like him as an actor, not so much as a person.

I can't stand him at all.....LOL

I will be seeing MI:III.....tomorrow mornin....

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 02:05:42 pm »
I liked Signs too......but I hate Mel Gibson.......with a Passion  (no pun intended)

Haha, Cute.
I can't stand Mel Gibson either, by the way. Enough to boycott any of his new movies.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 02:20:03 pm »
I can't stand Mel Gibson either, by the way. Enough to boycott any of his new movies.

I guess its mainly his directing that I can't stand....I love The Patriot and Signs and even What Women Want....but its the whole Braveheart starring and directing thing.....I don't know...just bugs me!
Then that whole Passion of the Christ controversy.....and his father denying the Holocaust..... ???