Author Topic: OT: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 is a KILLER movie! GO!  (Read 58825 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: OT: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 is a KILLER movie! GO!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 02:23:08 pm »
I loved signs, but more for Joaquin than Mel Gibson... I'm not a big fan of his.  I also really do not like Tom Cruise, and not just because of the whole jumping on Oprah's couch/scientology thing, I haven't liked him for quite a while.  I go back and forth on seeing his movies though, because sometimes he just picks good movies to be in and I wind up liking the movie despite him.  I'll probably see MI:3, thanks for the review!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 02:24:51 pm »
I loved signs, but more for Joaquin than Mel Gibson... I'm not a big fan of his.  I also really do not like Tom Cruise, and not just because of the whole jumping on Oprah's couch/scientology thing, I haven't liked him for quite a while.  I go back and forth on seeing his movies though, because sometimes he just picks good movies to be in and I wind up liking the movie despite him.  I'll probably see MI:3, thanks for the review!

Hell Mandy....what have you got to lose?  Anythings better then Closer..... :laugh:

rtprod

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 02:29:11 pm »
Anythings better then Closer.....

To me, Closer is about as raw and honest a look at selfish modern relationships and the impulses and manipulations that drive them than any other film I have ever seen. 

The honest dialogue is acidic and pointed and Natalie Portman (and Clive Owen) is completely heartbreaking, particularly during the scene where she says:

"I'm not sure when your moment was, but I'm sure there was one." 

The scene between her and Clive Owen later in the strip club says a lot about the putting on and taking off of masks, and it's frightening. 

The way the control is wrestled back and forth between the four of them and where they end up, is, at least to me, pretty frank and honest. 

rt
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 02:31:25 pm by rtprod »

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 02:33:31 pm »
Thank you rt, that is exactly how I felt about Closer.  It's hard to watch but it's "accurate" as Julia Robert's character says about Dan's book in the movie... I thought the dialogue was absolutely brilliantly written

so there Chris  :P LOL
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 02:35:41 pm »
Thank you rt, that is exactly how I felt about Closer.  It's hard to watch but it's "accurate" as Julia Robert's character says about Dan's book in the movie... I thought the dialogue was absolutely brilliantly written

so there Chris  :P LOL

Well.....I know a lot of people liked it....I just wasn't one of them!  Julia or no Julia I just couldn't sit through it...... ;D

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2006, 02:40:30 pm »
Well.....I know a lot of people liked it....I just wasn't one of them!  Julia or no Julia I just couldn't sit through it...... ;D

No worries, you are certainly not alone, most people I know didn't like it, oh well, at least we can agree on BBM and Jarhead, right?? LOL

Now, not likeing When Harry Met Sally, that's something I just can't forgive... LOL JK  ;)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2006, 02:43:37 pm »
No worries, you are certainly not alone, most people I know didn't like it, oh well, at least we can agree on BBM and Jarhead, right?? LOL

Hell yes!  ;D

Now, not likeing When Harry Met Sally, that's something I just can't forgive... LOL JK  ;)

Ummmm......I guess I'm not forgiven!  ROFL

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2006, 02:44:03 pm »
Ohmigod, part 2 was so ridiculous!  That fight on the train, what's it called, from England to France.  I was like, give me a break.  I like John Woo, he's been so off his game for a while. 

I didn't see Collateral but I probably will on cable at some point.  I hear what you're saying, but certain actors that I have issues with, after a certain point I find it hard to watch their movies.  But never say never - I wound up seeing Signs despite the fact that Mel Gibson was in it.

Juan

the train sequence was in part 1 wasn't it? part 2 climatic end happens in Australia. but yeah, I liked neither films and I'm cautious about seeing the 3rd. i might catch a matinee if i'm especially bored between projects.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

rtprod

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2006, 02:52:08 pm »
I just can't drink the kool-aid on this film because it's got jake's naked ass in it.  Nosiree. 

I disliked Jarhead quite a bit and thought it was not engaging, found the characters cocky and annoying, also thought it did not have much truth or anything substantial to say about being a soldier at war.  I also found a certain sniggering "aren't we funny and raucous dudes" vibe to it that just turned me off.

I've seen countless other films that handled this with more insight.  I know Jake starred, but since I'm not a Gyllenhaalic or whatever they hell they are called these days, it didn't resonate for me.  But hey, some of the cinematography was pretty good.  From Sam Mendes, I expected a tad more than what was delivered. 

My approval rating here just sank. 

rt
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 03:06:50 pm by rtprod »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 02:54:55 pm »
I disliked Jarhead quite a bit and thought it was not engaging, found the characters cocky and annoying, also thought it did it have much truth or anything substantial about being a soldier at war.  I've seen countless other films that handled this with more insight.  I know Jake starred, but since I'm not a Gyllenhaalic or whatever they hell they are called these days, it didn't resonate for me.  But hey, some of the cinematography was pretty good. 

My approval rating here just sank. 

rt

No of course not....your entitled to your opinion.....most here will disagree but theres nothing wrong with that....
 ;D