Author Topic: OT: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 is a KILLER movie! GO!  (Read 59292 times)

dmmb_Mandy

Re: OT: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 is a KILLER movie! GO!
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2006, 04:11:45 pm »
Did you think they were used as a joke?  I love the scene where the wife rushes into the hospital to find her husband.  Are you thinking about the undocumented immigrants in the van?  

BTW, I hate the term "illegal alien" because first of all, no human being is illegal.  Secondly, how can someone be an alien on a planet that belongs to all of us?   

rt

Totally agree. I've always hated the term.

But rt, really? You didn't like Jarhead? I thought it was fantastic. It certainly engaged me. However, being a major Gyllenhaalic, my opinion's probably biased.
I agree about Crash. It wasn't a terrible film. I didn't like it like I loved BBM, but I appreciated it. It's a shame all the negative attention it's getting because of the Oscars.
I also liked Capote. I thought PSH captured the character tremendously. All of the acting was great actually, and while the film itself wasn't so fantastic, it definitely had moments that I'll always remember.
I have yet to see Munich or GN&GL.
But yes, I will see MI3 despite the negative Cruise talk. I can look past that and still appreciate a film. I'm hoping to see it this weekend.

Mandy - I still stand by Closer - LOVED it. Like rt said, Natalie & Clive were amazing. Julia? Meh.

Juan - I also can't wait 'til X-Men 3. Just a couple more weeks! *yay!!!*

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2006, 04:14:48 pm »
Julia? Meh.
Tisk Tisk Tisk.....Mandy friend thats not right!  LOL JK  ;D

rtprod

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2006, 04:17:10 pm »
But rt, really? You didn't like Jarhead? I thought it was fantastic. It certainly engaged me. However, being a major Gyllenhaalic, my opinion's probably biased.

No, Mandy dear, you northern-most cornerstone of my FCKU posse, I did not like it.  

Though I certainly like Jake as an actor, I think he was much more "comfortable" as Jack Twist than as Anthony Swofford. Scenes like the recuits watching Apocolypse Now where just....been there, done that.  Yawn.  It's an episodic film, not an epic one, and though there's not a lot that happens in the plot proper that was not my problem with it.  I just found it empty.  Replace Jake's bare ass and santa hat in the lead and see if you still think it's a good movie.  

rt
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 04:21:41 pm by rtprod »

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2006, 04:22:03 pm »
Tisk Tisk Tisk.....Mandy friend thats not right!  LOL JK  ;D

LOL. I like Julia. But really, she wasn't great in Closer; rather blah in my opinon.

No, Mandy dear, the northenrmost cornerstone of my FCUK posse, I did not like it.  Though I certainly like Jake as an actor, I think he was much more "comfortable" as Jack Twist than as Anthony Swofford. Scenes like the recuits watching Apocolypse Now where just....been there, done that.  Yawn.  It's an episodic film, not an epic one, and though there's not a lot that happens in the plot proper that was not my problem with it.  I just found it empty.  Replace Jake's bare ass in the lead and see if you still think it's a good movie.  

rt

Yeah, like I said, my opinion's biased because of Jake. Oh hell yeah, he was better as Jack Twist; no disagreement there. It's not an epic movie, but I thought it was beautiful and well done. We're allowed to disagree, I still loves ya  ;D
BTW, it's FCKU actually, isn't it? lol, NM, you fixed it  ;)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2006, 04:24:14 pm »
LOL. I like Julia. But really, she wasn't great in Closer; rather blah in my opinon.

Ok fair enough...LOL

Yeah, like I said, my opinion's biased because of Jake. Oh hell yeah, he was better as Jack Twist; no disagreement there. It's not an epic movie, but I thought it was beautiful and well done.
Agreed!  Jarhead kicks ass!  The 3rd best film of 2005 IMO...

rtprod

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2006, 04:26:22 pm »
BTW, it's FCKU actually, isn't it? lol, NM, you fixed it  

Yeah, I fixed it babe, don't want to offend my support system do I?  

I liked Julia in Closer, thought she was very good in two particular scenes -- when Anna confesses her adultery in both, once to Larry and later to Dan.   Larry has her by the balls at the end of the film.  Side note:  Cate Blanchett, a real actress, was signed for the role and dropped out because of pregnancy.  Bit of a stretch for two American ex-pats to be living in London dawdling with British guys, but I could buy it. 

Yeah, bring on the tomatoes, pies, whatever ya got....  I'll duck.

rt
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 04:28:25 pm by rtprod »

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2006, 04:29:08 pm »
*tosses a cream pie for even suggesting Crash was good!*
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

rtprod

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2006, 04:29:15 pm »
I'm really interested to hear what it is about Jarhead that resonates with my fellow board-mates.  Give me the short list so I can chew on something.

rt

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2006, 04:30:23 pm »
*tosses a cream pie for even suggesting Crash was good!*
:laugh: :laugh:

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2006, 04:30:33 pm »
RT, okay, we can disagree about Julia in Closer and about Jarhead, but if we disagree about this, you & I might just be "over"  ;) : I f'ing HATE Missy Elliot. The woman just drives me insane! And I'm generally a loving person.  :laugh: