Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1008979 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #420 on: December 12, 2009, 07:17:46 pm »
Awwwwwww.....I love Newt! He's so cute.

Skimble is rascally like Roxanne! I just went and got her kitty tent out of the living room and put it in here so she would stay out of my computer wires and cabinet!!!

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #421 on: December 12, 2009, 08:39:33 pm »
Awwwwwww.....I love Newt! He's so cute.

Skimble is rascally like Roxanne! I just went and got her kitty tent out of the living room and put it in here so she would stay out of my computer wires and cabinet!!!

OMG!  My heart broke into a million pieces when I saw this pic!  Skimble is the spitting image of a cat I owned, tragically for too brief a time.  I had to let her go when she was only eight due to some inoperable tumour.  I so loved her and still miss her to this day.  In fact I haven't had the courage to bond with another animal like I had with her.  Losing her was so painful.

She literally walked into my life as a kitten.  I opened my apartment door one day and in pranced this adorable litttle fluff-ball.  What could I do, I felt it was fate so I kept it, lol!  It turned out she belonged to a neighbour who would have had to give it up anyway because she was moving, so she was happy it found a home.  

Man, how I came to love that cat!  I called her Oedipuss (I had recently seen UNDER THE VOLCANO, lol!)  and sometimes for short, Eddie (When I was being stern) or Puss (when I was being all lovey-dovey). Come to think of it, the poor thing had a lot of names, the neighbour had named her Patches)   My happiest memories of her is when we played tackle-tag.  I'd run after her and tip her to the floor then she'd run after me and grab my ankle with her front legs and i would pretend to fall and I'd roll on the ground. And repeat, lol!.  It was almost a pre-dinner ritual, we were so happy to see each other after the day apart.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #422 on: December 12, 2009, 08:51:36 pm »
This morning I said goodbye to my sweet girl.  Her advanced age (13) and IBS were seriously affecting her quality of life, and I decided it was time to end her suffering.

Fran, I remember when you posted that image of Madison.  She was lovely.  One of the things I've heard said is that one of the hardest parts about losing our beloved animals is that they help get us through the tough stuff, and when the tough stuff is losing them, then we don't quite know where to turn.  Big hug, and thank for letting us know.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #423 on: December 12, 2009, 08:56:02 pm »
OMG!  My heart broke into a million pieces when I saw this pic!  Skimble is the spitting image of a cat I owned, tragically for too brief a time.  I had to let her go when she was only eight due to some inoperable tumour.  I so loved her and still miss her to this day.  In fact I haven't had the courage to bond with another animal like I had with her. 

She literally walked into my life as kitten.  I opened my apartment door one day and in in pranced this adorable kitten.  What could I do, I felt it was fate so I kept it, lol!  It turned out she belonged to a neighbour who would have had to give it up anyway because she was moving, so she was happy it found a home. 

Man, how I came to love that cat!  I called her Oedipuss (I had recently seen UNDER THE VOLCANO, lol!)  and sometimes for short, Eddie (When I was being stern) or Puss (when I was being all lovey-dovey). Come to think of it, the poor thing had a lot of names, the neighbour had named her Patches)   My happiest memories of her is when we played tackle-tag.  I'd run after her and tip her to the floor then she'd run after me and grab my ankle with her front legs and i would pretend to fall and I'd roll on the ground. And repeat, lol!.  It was almost a pre-dinner ritual, we were so happy to see each other after the day apart.

Ohhh. How sweet!! She picked you out for her very own! I'm sorry that you lost her so soon. 8 is about middle aged for a cat, I think, tho I've known a couple people whose cats lived to 19-20. My cat before this one was 17 when she died.

So your Oedipuss was a calico! Did you know that all calicos are females? If there is ever a male, it is a rarity.

The cat in the picture is Roxanne. Kelda's cat is Skimble. I think he is all black, isn't he, Kelda? We also like to name our pets after things we've viewed or read. Skimble is from "CATS" -- the poem or the musical. And Roxy is from the Steve Martin movie. :)

I hope you will get another cat some day. I wasn't going to get another one, but I am glad that I did. She is a brat, but she has given me and the dogs a lot of fun and joy. We play, but not quite like you and your kitty played! I would probably break a leg, hip, arm, or something if I tried that!

I got Ripley, the one before Roxy, at the Humane Society. She was in the window in a cage--a baby and so cute. I was in line at PetCo complaining about how the mice had taken over since Ripley died two years ago, and the lady in front of me said, "I've got a kitten that I'll give you."  LOL. She drove back to her house the next town over, got her and brought her back. And I haven't seen a mouse since!

Roxy sleeps with me. She's a good cuddler.  :D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #424 on: December 13, 2009, 07:55:40 am »
Right and Right Shasta!!!

The cat in the picture is Roxanne. Kelda's cat is Skimble. I think he is all black, isn't he, Kelda? We also like to name our pets after things we've viewed or read. Skimble is from "CATS" -- the poem or the musical. And Roxy is from the Steve Martin movie. :)

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #425 on: December 13, 2009, 10:54:18 am »
Thank you, Kelda, Chrissi, Gil, and Elle for your messages of support.  They meant a lot. 

Madison was a beautiful dog, very elegant.  She really didn't look her age.  In fact, just a few months ago, people were still mistaking her for a greyhound puppy and they were surprised when I told them her real age.  I hope my girl really had a "sweet life" with our family.  I've been slowly putting away her "stuff":  coats, beds, toys, blankets, collars, leashes, and just recently, a new soft harness we bought for her after her chiropractor said she shouldn't wear a collar anymore due to neck pain.  (Yes, she was spoiled!)  I brought her leftover medicines to the vet's office on Friday afternoon.  In these trying economic times, maybe some pet owner will appreciate a "freebie."

Elle summed it up exactly with: "One of the things I've heard said is that one of the hardest parts about losing our beloved animals is that they help get us through the tough stuff, and when the tough stuff is losing them, then we don't quite know where to turn."  Well, I'm glad I turned to this thread. Thanks, everyone.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #426 on: December 15, 2009, 11:11:14 pm »
I just came to this thread thread today.

Fran, I'm so sorry about Madison.

Just this side of heaven is a place called
Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Author Unknown

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #427 on: December 16, 2009, 11:14:48 am »
Thank you, Chuck.  I do like the idea of my girl happy and content and restored to health and vigor....

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #428 on: January 10, 2010, 12:25:15 am »
Well, as you all know, we have a cat named Blaze.

As he is a black cat, his name really didn't fit.  We gave him the name when he went through a crazy fit of energy, running through the house, and dad said he was like an "out of control wild fire".

Well the other day, dad decided to light the gas fireplace we have, and removed the safety glass from the front of the fireplace, and bent over to light the fireplace.

He was unaware that Blaze was perhaps a wee bit too close.

He managed to singe the whiskers on the left side of his face.  His right side is just fine, and as long as ever.  His left side, the whiskers are curled and white on the ends that are left.

::)

Thankfully he didn't seriously hurt himself, and he seems to have suffered no ill effects.  He's still playful, and he even let us examine his face to make sure there was no other damage.

Now, he fits his name.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #429 on: January 12, 2010, 12:56:34 pm »
Aww.. poor Blaze..

Yesterday I had the most disturbed nights sleep EVER! Just got home late last night frm10 days on holiay and went almost straight to bed..

The cat, Skilmble,  jumped on me and padded on me and rubed his face against me and purred in my ear, and generally kept me awake all night!!!!

I think he was happy we were back!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/