Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1008940 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #1060 on: April 04, 2012, 01:52:02 pm »
Beyond cute, Meryl!  Have you settled on a name yet? 

Are his eyes yellow or green? 

Our last cat Jessye was black with yellow eyes.  The current black cat Rupert has very green eyes.  And 28 toes! 

28 toes?  Yeehaw!

No name yet, but contenders are Dash, Pete, Swifty and...wait for it....Truman!   ;D

I'd say his eyes are gold.  8)

I like his little tunnel - Skimble has one like that from Ikea but he doesn't use it!

The tunnel is the main event around here, paired with a long clothesline with toy attached.  I recommend it to all cat owners.  8)

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1061 on: April 04, 2012, 01:53:48 pm »

Aww.  :)

What Paul asked: any news on the name front?
Sometimes it takes a couple of days before inspriration strikes.

With Tina, I wasn't able to come up with something fitting right away, so we went with the name the breeder gave her (also, all three kids could agree on it). After a few days, I suddenly knew she is a Tascha (short for Natascha). But my kids aren't flexible, they insist in Tina *little sigh* So we're gonna stick with that.

My kitty's first name was Shimmer.  He had littermates named Glitter, Confetti, Sparkle and Sequin.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1062 on: April 04, 2012, 02:02:23 pm »
My kitty's first name was Shimmer.  He had littermates named Glitter, Confetti, Sparkle and Sequin.  ;D

Love that!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1063 on: April 04, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »

The bling litter, perhaps.  :)

Love the photos., especially the one with the candelabra. Thanks.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1064 on: April 04, 2012, 08:17:28 pm »
My family increased by one today!  I adopted a 6-month old black kitten.  Here he is getting checked out by the vet, and then getting checked out by Vinny via the smell test.  I haven't settled on a name yet, but he's mighty cute!  :-*

Oh, what a cutie. He looks like our Bombay Black, Sootie. Thank you for adopting a black cat. I have learned that people often pass by the black animals because of superstitions. In our household, Sootie is black, as well as Monday (the poodle). We've had other black pets, too. I like to think they bring us luck, not the reverse!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1065 on: April 05, 2012, 12:28:06 am »
Oh, what a cutie. He looks like our Bombay Black, Sootie. Thank you for adopting a black cat. I have learned that people often pass by the black animals because of superstitions. In our household, Sootie is black, as well as Monday (the poodle). We've had other black pets, too. I like to think they bring us luck, not the reverse!

L

Black is so sophisticated, as any New Yorker will attest!  I hope he brings good luck, too.   Sootie's a cute name.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1066 on: April 05, 2012, 10:21:40 pm »

How about the name "Black."  That sounds so sophisticated, and descriptive as well.    Again I love black cats,
about the best. 
    Maybe its my automatic bent towards the underdog.  I know how they have been mistreated in many areas, for all
of time.
    My very own grandfather, had a superstition about them.  He would not go past a road if one had crossed it.  That is so silly to me.  I set about doing everything in the world to disprove those kinds of superstitions.  Going under ladders, and such.  Stepping on cracks.  Any time I heard of a silly superstition, I would at first opportunity try to disprove them.

Beautiful mind

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1067 on: April 09, 2012, 02:37:26 pm »
Janice, thanks for your post.  I've thought about calling him Lucky, but I'm too superstitious!  ;D

It's down to Artie, Petie or Rocky.  What do y'all think?

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #1068 on: April 09, 2012, 03:06:51 pm »
Can't go wrong with Rocky!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1069 on: April 09, 2012, 03:14:08 pm »
Janice, thanks for your post.  I've thought about calling him Lucky, but I'm too superstitious!  ;D

It's down to Artie, Petie or Rocky.  What do y'all think?

Gorgeous picture!

I like both Artie and Rocky, but I'd go with Artie.
I really like old-fashioned names for pets. Names that sound a little funny to our ears and nobody would name their child nowadays. Gertude, Hugo, Franz-Josef, stuff like that. When I look at the lil darlin I'd say Hugo suits him well (at least when pronounced German ;D). And Artie is in the same league IMO, thus my vote for Artie.