Author Topic: --->>Make a donation, will ya?  (Read 14270 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
--->>Make a donation, will ya?
« on: May 04, 2006, 04:41:31 pm »
TREMBLAYANS!

I ain't a moderator, and I ain't the boss but I am an old-timer with a calculator. As of right now, our little Chez Tremblay crowd has generated 58.1% of the posts here at Bettermost. Thanks to Philip and Co. for giving us this safe haven and allowing us to blab our fingertips off about any old topic that enters our BBM-addled brains (occasionally, the topics are even BBM related, imagine!).

As Phil so modestly notes over on the "Anyting Goes" board: "We hardly cover the hosting bill with the ads that do appear on here...Paypal contributions generally make a far bigger difference."

When we first arrived here, people were asked to make a donation...even $5 makes a difference. If you did, THANK YOU! If you didn't, whatchya waitin' for? A matin' call? If yes, then I'm callin' ya! Turn your head to the right. Click the PayPal Donate button. It is easy to do...you'll feel good about it...Philip will thank you....and we can be assured of a long and happy life for Bettermost.

DO IT!

Now, back to our reguarly scheduled discussion....

Leslie
xo
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 05:56:59 pm by cHrIs_sLaYeRs »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline scottf.

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Make a donation, will ya?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 04:46:45 pm »
Ooops. I didn't know we'd been asked to make a donation. I was a late-comer to this board and must have missed it. So sorry.

But, uhhhh, what PayPal button to the right?

Scott

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 05:04:30 pm »
Thank you Scott. I thought there may be some newcomers on the list who missed the original request.

As to which PayPal button on the right: the one that looks like this:

Help keep this site
operating by
donating.

This is just a picture...the link is to the right, under "Brokeback Mountain Radio."

L
xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

TJ

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 05:10:57 pm »
You will also notice that the good people in charge of the "BetterMost" outfit are working to get commercial sponsors, too.

Oh, one time I was posting something related to religion and one of those little ads in the right column was related to what the subject thread was.

If I had not already over-extended myself financially, I would gladly donate here because I am rather active here since I came back on a more permanent basis. I am rather outspoken, in writing anyway, when it comes to discussing things with which I am very familiar, or at least think I am.  ;)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 05:11:41 pm »
thanks for the timely reminder - done!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 06:21:06 pm »
Thanks for mentioning this Leslie. I saw that post from Phillip and made a donation earlier this week.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline houstonangel88

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 06:32:38 pm »
Thanks for the reminder... done!!! :D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 06:35:53 pm »
Houston, F-R, Kelda--thanks! Keep it going, folks. Pay it forward.

Leslie
xo

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 06:44:03 pm »
I appreciate the contributions and for those who already have made one, I have not forgotten about you.  I have been working on a special treat for those who have made a contribution to the system and it's taken awhile to put together, but it's forthcoming very soon now.

As far as commercial sponsors go, those ads are not "paid for" in any way.  In some cases, we earn a commission based on a sale (the picture banners), and on others we realize something based on exploration of the offer.

I am pragmatic about the advertising on here.  I try and choose banner ads that involve coupons or special offers in order to help people save some money if they are going to order something.  In fact, the next website I launch will tie in my profession - writing consumer articles and information with the concept of saving people money by doing honest reviews and hunting down good deals for people.  That site will be called www.whatwefound.com and will launch sometime later this spring.

I appreciate not everyone can contribute financially to the system, and that's fine.  Your participation and helping to bring more users here is important to me too!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 06:48:28 pm »
Well, as I said before starting my New York adventure: bucks be damned!
Just donated something, too. Considered all that time I spend here...

:-*
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 07:38:12 pm by Pipedream »