Author Topic: --->>Make a donation, will ya?  (Read 14299 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
--->>Make a donation, will ya?
« on: May 04, 2006, 04:41:31 pm »
TREMBLAYANS!

I ain't a moderator, and I ain't the boss but I am an old-timer with a calculator. As of right now, our little Chez Tremblay crowd has generated 58.1% of the posts here at Bettermost. Thanks to Philip and Co. for giving us this safe haven and allowing us to blab our fingertips off about any old topic that enters our BBM-addled brains (occasionally, the topics are even BBM related, imagine!).

As Phil so modestly notes over on the "Anyting Goes" board: "We hardly cover the hosting bill with the ads that do appear on here...Paypal contributions generally make a far bigger difference."

When we first arrived here, people were asked to make a donation...even $5 makes a difference. If you did, THANK YOU! If you didn't, whatchya waitin' for? A matin' call? If yes, then I'm callin' ya! Turn your head to the right. Click the PayPal Donate button. It is easy to do...you'll feel good about it...Philip will thank you....and we can be assured of a long and happy life for Bettermost.

DO IT!

Now, back to our reguarly scheduled discussion....

Leslie
xo
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 05:56:59 pm by cHrIs_sLaYeRs »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline scottf.

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Make a donation, will ya?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 04:46:45 pm »
Ooops. I didn't know we'd been asked to make a donation. I was a late-comer to this board and must have missed it. So sorry.

But, uhhhh, what PayPal button to the right?

Scott

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 05:04:30 pm »
Thank you Scott. I thought there may be some newcomers on the list who missed the original request.

As to which PayPal button on the right: the one that looks like this:

Help keep this site
operating by
donating.

This is just a picture...the link is to the right, under "Brokeback Mountain Radio."

L
xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

TJ

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 05:10:57 pm »
You will also notice that the good people in charge of the "BetterMost" outfit are working to get commercial sponsors, too.

Oh, one time I was posting something related to religion and one of those little ads in the right column was related to what the subject thread was.

If I had not already over-extended myself financially, I would gladly donate here because I am rather active here since I came back on a more permanent basis. I am rather outspoken, in writing anyway, when it comes to discussing things with which I am very familiar, or at least think I am.  ;)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 05:11:41 pm »
thanks for the timely reminder - done!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 06:21:06 pm »
Thanks for mentioning this Leslie. I saw that post from Phillip and made a donation earlier this week.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline houstonangel88

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 06:32:38 pm »
Thanks for the reminder... done!!! :D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 06:35:53 pm »
Houston, F-R, Kelda--thanks! Keep it going, folks. Pay it forward.

Leslie
xo

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 06:44:03 pm »
I appreciate the contributions and for those who already have made one, I have not forgotten about you.  I have been working on a special treat for those who have made a contribution to the system and it's taken awhile to put together, but it's forthcoming very soon now.

As far as commercial sponsors go, those ads are not "paid for" in any way.  In some cases, we earn a commission based on a sale (the picture banners), and on others we realize something based on exploration of the offer.

I am pragmatic about the advertising on here.  I try and choose banner ads that involve coupons or special offers in order to help people save some money if they are going to order something.  In fact, the next website I launch will tie in my profession - writing consumer articles and information with the concept of saving people money by doing honest reviews and hunting down good deals for people.  That site will be called www.whatwefound.com and will launch sometime later this spring.

I appreciate not everyone can contribute financially to the system, and that's fine.  Your participation and helping to bring more users here is important to me too!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 06:48:28 pm »
Well, as I said before starting my New York adventure: bucks be damned!
Just donated something, too. Considered all that time I spend here...

:-*
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 07:38:12 pm by Pipedream »

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 07:14:43 pm »
Phillip's post about gardening on Anything Goes got me a donatin'.  All I had was a couple of five dollar bills in my coffee can, but lots of littles make a lot.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 07:44:40 pm »
Hey OldTimer, Thanks for the suggestion.  When we first moved here I made a Gratitude donation.  Now I just made one for Ongoing Gratitude.   When I think of all the books and magazines I didn't buy to read because I was reading here, and all the movies I didn't go see because I was reading here, and the times I didn't go out to dinner, because I was reading here, well, I have saved a lot of money, and I want to be generous to what brings me so much.  Clarissa

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 07:50:26 pm »
Thank you Scott. I thought there may be some newcomers on the list who missed the original request.

As to which PayPal button on the right: the one that looks like this:

Help keep this site
operating by
donating.

This is just a picture...the link is to the right, under "Brokeback Mountain Radio."

L
xo

Well I certainly missed the post talking about donation.  I actually wondered how can Phillip support the site.  Mystery solved. :)   

I will do that after this post.  Thanks for reminding us!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 07:55:48 pm »
When I think of all the books and magazines I didn't buy to read because I was reading here, and all the movies I didn't go see because I was reading here, and the times I didn't go out to dinner, because I was reading here, well, I have saved a lot of money, and I want to be generous to what brings me so much.  Clarissa

Well, for me it's all the work I didn't do and thus didn't get paid for ... But that's my fault, I guess.

Besides, if we were paying by the number -- or especially the length -- of our posts I would owe way more than my share. So I'm happy to do my part! Thanks for pointing this out, Leslie.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 08:08:34 pm »
Pipe, henry, elle, jenny, lator....ladies, thank you so much. Ahem, we are putting the boys to shame. Fellas, put yer money where yer mouth is, willya? Cough up a few bucks...jeez, forgo a drink at the leather bar and pay it here. C'mon! Philip will love ya forever!

L

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 08:25:19 pm »
 :) done!
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 08:25:38 pm »
Stupid question alert: Do you need a credit card to set up a PayPal account? I don't have one, but I'd like to contribute something out of my itty bitty student budget. Like Anke said, bucks be damned!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 08:29:21 pm »
Done and doner.  ;)
No more beans!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 08:32:46 pm »
Stupid question alert: Do you need a credit card to set up a PayPal account? I don't have one, but I'd like to contribute something out of my itty bitty student budget. Like Anke said, bucks be damned!

Umm, not real sure...I know you can set it up to come out of your checking account but you might not want to do that. Philip....I am sure you are reading this...any advice? Thanks....Leslie

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 09:25:12 pm »
Paypal allows you to withdraw money from a checking account, and I have the program that also lets you use a credit card.  If you don't want to bother with Paypal, you can donate directly to me by mail:

Phillip M. Dampier
3003 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618-2021

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 09:45:25 pm »
Sure enough, Leslie!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 10:29:13 pm »
Wow, I was so totally unaware of this, it's hardly even funny... (Well, okay, it's still pretty funny.)

I will donate!
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 10:41:47 pm »
I admit that I have never paid attention to the ads on the right hand side.  I will now.  :)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 04:15:50 pm »
-~BUMP~-

vkm91941

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 05:45:09 pm »
Yep the costs of keeping this place open and running fast and smooth will only grow as we grow in size as a community so if you can, just $5 helps, please consider donating and if you can't I'll include a little extra in my next donation for all those who cannot.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2006, 05:00:12 am »
Bump....I'm digging again!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 12:35:02 pm »
TREMBLAYANS!

I ain't a moderator, and I ain't the boss but I am an old-timer with a calculator. As of right now, our little Chez Tremblay crowd has generated 58.1% of the posts here at Bettermost. Thanks to Philip and Co. for giving us this safe haven and allowing us to blab our fingertips off about any old topic that enters our BBM-addled brains (occasionally, the topics are even BBM related, imagine!).

As Phil so modestly notes over on the "Anyting Goes" board: "We hardly cover the hosting bill with the ads that do appear on here...Paypal contributions generally make a far bigger difference."

When we first arrived here, people were asked to make a donation...even $5 makes a difference. If you did, THANK YOU! If you didn't, whatchya waitin' for? A matin' call? If yes, then I'm callin' ya! Turn your head to the right. Click the PayPal Donate button. It is easy to do...you'll feel good about it...Philip will thank you....and we can be assured of a long and happy life for Bettermost.

DO IT!

Now, back to our reguarly scheduled discussion....

Leslie
xo

Maybe it's time for another round of donations?

Here's my bit of encouragement to all the Brokies... Would whomever believes that they have gotten $20 (or $10, or $5) honest dollars of enjoyment from the BetterMost Home Away From Home please line up in an orderly fashion to make your volunteer donation!   :D :D  This donation is to defray some of the costs incurred in keeping this site up and running.

And I would also like to thank our hosts Phillip and John for making this Haven for us Brokies!   :-* :-*

Jane
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 12:47:11 pm »
Oops!

I forgot, but now it's done.

Thanks, Philip!

xxxx
John
 ;D
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006, 12:49:39 pm »
BUMP!!!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2006, 12:57:20 pm »
Thanks, Friends, for the reminder... I can't make it rain money like L.D. Newsome, but I want to do what I can.  BetterMost is a huge bargain!  I'm glad I can't quit you.    ;)  -- Alec

"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 05:52:12 pm »
I appreciate the ongoing contributions, especially with some new expenses upcoming.  Check out the BetterMost User Services forum for our July newsletter for some exciting things coming.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: --->>Make a donation, will ya?
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 06:14:31 pm »

I'll definitely be contributing my 2 cents!
Well..not 2 cents, but you get my drift!  ;D

Cheers!
M

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 06:21:58 pm »
DONE!!!
It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 08:37:38 pm »
This is MaineWriter again. I started this friggin' thread when I wasn't in the 1000+ posts club. Who knows what club I was in in those days. And my career as a fanfic writer was nascent. Look how things change!

But something that hasn't changed...Phil has given us a safe and wonderful place to chat, free of trolls and other mischief. Please, if you haven't done so already, click on the paypal link to the right..Trust me, $5 makes a difference

And if you don't? Well, since I talk to Jack and Ennis on a daily basis, I will tell them not to answer your emails. So there!

(wooo, threatening threat there Leslie. I'm impressed, Ennis whispers in her ear....)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2006, 03:47:39 pm »
done,
thanks for the reminder Leslie

F
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

vkm91941

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2006, 10:56:30 am »
this one deserves a regular bump

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2006, 03:32:20 pm »
It feels like that time again!   :)

Yeah BetterMost!!   ;D
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2006, 03:49:31 pm »
One month later, I am in the 2000+ posts club, I have become a moderator, I have been to London and back...and Phillip still appreciates financial contributions to keep things the way we like them at Bettermost. Make a donation...it is easy and you will feel good when you're done. Trust me!

Leslie
MaineWriter

vkm91941

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2006, 09:05:36 pm »
bumping as public service announcement...

If you haven't contributed won't you please think about it.  IF you have thank you, but maybe it's time to think about another donation to the up keep of this lovely place we all spend so much time in.

Just $5.00 from everyone would help off set the costs of providing this place and ensure that Bettermost  continues to be here for us all running smoothly.  Think about it.

:D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 08:57:29 am »
Friends, this letter was long overdue, but my check went in the mail this morning.

And I hadn't even seen Victoria's "bump." Great minds think alike. ...  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2007, 08:08:30 am »
time for a bump

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2007, 02:28:58 am »
Thanks Kelda.  Good idea.  I haven't donated financially to BetterMost in quite a few months, I'm embarrassed to realize.  I will in the next few days, I think it will only be my fourth time....

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2007, 12:14:13 am »
Yup, you're right.  I feel like it's about that time for me too.  This will be my third contribution. :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2007, 12:26:19 am »
Dang, clicking the little PayPal button on the right, I literally had the whole transaction done in less than 30 seconds.  They must have changed the system.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2007, 07:53:14 am »
Paypal rocks so quick and easy - but it does mean I buy random things on ebay far too easily!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2007, 09:12:27 am »
I did my good deed for the day! Well, one of them, at least.

L