Author Topic: --->>Make a donation, will ya?  (Read 14142 times)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Make a donation, will ya?
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 07:14:43 pm »
Phillip's post about gardening on Anything Goes got me a donatin'.  All I had was a couple of five dollar bills in my coffee can, but lots of littles make a lot.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 07:44:40 pm »
Hey OldTimer, Thanks for the suggestion.  When we first moved here I made a Gratitude donation.  Now I just made one for Ongoing Gratitude.   When I think of all the books and magazines I didn't buy to read because I was reading here, and all the movies I didn't go see because I was reading here, and the times I didn't go out to dinner, because I was reading here, well, I have saved a lot of money, and I want to be generous to what brings me so much.  Clarissa

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 07:50:26 pm »
Thank you Scott. I thought there may be some newcomers on the list who missed the original request.

As to which PayPal button on the right: the one that looks like this:

Help keep this site
operating by
donating.

This is just a picture...the link is to the right, under "Brokeback Mountain Radio."

L
xo

Well I certainly missed the post talking about donation.  I actually wondered how can Phillip support the site.  Mystery solved. :)   

I will do that after this post.  Thanks for reminding us!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 07:55:48 pm »
When I think of all the books and magazines I didn't buy to read because I was reading here, and all the movies I didn't go see because I was reading here, and the times I didn't go out to dinner, because I was reading here, well, I have saved a lot of money, and I want to be generous to what brings me so much.  Clarissa

Well, for me it's all the work I didn't do and thus didn't get paid for ... But that's my fault, I guess.

Besides, if we were paying by the number -- or especially the length -- of our posts I would owe way more than my share. So I'm happy to do my part! Thanks for pointing this out, Leslie.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 08:08:34 pm »
Pipe, henry, elle, jenny, lator....ladies, thank you so much. Ahem, we are putting the boys to shame. Fellas, put yer money where yer mouth is, willya? Cough up a few bucks...jeez, forgo a drink at the leather bar and pay it here. C'mon! Philip will love ya forever!

L

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 08:25:19 pm »
 :) done!
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 08:25:38 pm »
Stupid question alert: Do you need a credit card to set up a PayPal account? I don't have one, but I'd like to contribute something out of my itty bitty student budget. Like Anke said, bucks be damned!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 08:29:21 pm »
Done and doner.  ;)
No more beans!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 08:32:46 pm »
Stupid question alert: Do you need a credit card to set up a PayPal account? I don't have one, but I'd like to contribute something out of my itty bitty student budget. Like Anke said, bucks be damned!

Umm, not real sure...I know you can set it up to come out of your checking account but you might not want to do that. Philip....I am sure you are reading this...any advice? Thanks....Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 09:25:12 pm »
Paypal allows you to withdraw money from a checking account, and I have the program that also lets you use a credit card.  If you don't want to bother with Paypal, you can donate directly to me by mail:

Phillip M. Dampier
3003 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618-2021

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming