Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768014 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1660 on: February 27, 2007, 01:06:19 pm »
Honestly, Heath looked cuter when playing Ennis. After BBM he's been kinda ugly.

Sad, but true. He was a blond playing Ennis, and I like him better with blond hair, myself.

That's one of the reasons I liked Casanova...he still had his Ennis look, when he wasn't wearing a wig that is.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

moremojo

« Reply #1661 on: February 27, 2007, 01:10:32 pm »
Honestly, Heath looked cuter when playing Ennis. After BBM he's been kinda ugly.
I'm definitely an Ennis man, but oddly have never really been a Heathen. I don't really see Ennis in Heath outside the context of BBM. And while Ennis excites great love and attraction within my heart, Heath himself is someone I could kind of take or leave (in the sense of allure). It's kind of odd, considering that we wouldn't have movie-Ennis were it not for the brilliant actor that Heath is.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1662 on: February 27, 2007, 01:15:20 pm »

I think Ennis is cuter than Heath, too, Natali. But I'll have to say this is probably not the best thread for a post calling him "kinda ugly." Besides, although this photo isn't his best, if you go back a few pages you'll see that the U-word definitely does not apply.

Scott, I agree, even though it really doesn't make sense. Who was that playing Ennis in the movie, then? And why did that guy in those on-location shots, standing around drinking coffee and chatting with Ang, look so much like Ennis?

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1663 on: February 27, 2007, 01:33:30 pm »
I think Ennis is cuter than Heath, too, Natali. But I'll have to say this is probably not the best thread for a post calling him "kinda ugly."

Well, he looks kinda ugly to me. That doesn't mean I think he is indeed ugly. Heath is a very good looking and sexy man but lately has adopted a look that doesn't do him any justice, IMO. That's all I'm saying.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Scott6373

« Reply #1664 on: February 27, 2007, 01:43:55 pm »
Well, Leslie knows that I am not a Heath person.  It seems to me that he has gone out of his way to make himself unattractive since the release of BBM.

He isn't an drop dead gorgeous man to begin with, but he doesn't have looks that would stop a clock either.  I wonder of he really does make himself unattractive on purpose to bolster his image as a "serious actor".  If that's the case, then he is making a big mistake.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1665 on: February 27, 2007, 01:54:37 pm »
Well, Leslie knows that I am not a Heath person.  It seems to me that he has gone out of his way to make himself unattractive since the release of BBM.

I don't think he has gone out of his way, I just don't think he cares. He seems like the kind of guy for whom clothes, and hair, and shoes and accessories and all the rest are just not important. I understand this...I can relate!

I think in his "teen heart throb" period he played the game of having his picture taken, dressing up, looking sexy, etc., in an effort to get his name and face "out there." Now that he has arrived (it seems to me that receiving an academy award nomination is a measure of "arriving") he has stopped bothering with a lot of that stuff. Look how much we've been scrounging on this thread to find any pictures at all...and we'll settle for crappy ones. Meanwhile, over on JJJ, their boy hops in front of a camera every chance he gets, IMHO.

I do think Heath has a chameleon quality and can change his looks depending on the role. Of course, makeup, hair and costume are all part of that but I also think there is something that he does, too, to contribute this. Contrast that to Jakey G. who in my opinion, looks exactly the same in every role I have seen him in.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1666 on: February 27, 2007, 01:55:46 pm »
I personally think Heath is an easygoing, hippy type who really doesn't spend too much time worrying about his wardrobe.  I don't think it is a calculated move to 'be taken seriously'.  I just think that he likes being away from the spotlight and fancies the idea of keeping his life as simple and 'normal' as possible.  We are expecting him to live up to the "Ennis" of our dreams, but the guy's entitled to dress the way he likes and feels comfortable, right?  ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1667 on: February 27, 2007, 02:04:31 pm »
I think you've got it, Milli. He's not making an effort one way or the other. He didn't like being marketed as a blond heart throb and isn't going to go out of his way to fit that image. Jake, on the other hand, seems to kind of like the heart-throb role.

But just to refresh everyone's memory that Heath can look good even when not all gussied up:

More TIFF

This one is some serious hunkiedom IMO

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1668 on: February 27, 2007, 02:05:54 pm »
Thanks for that reminder of serious hunkiedom, Katherine...I needed that!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1669 on: February 27, 2007, 02:08:58 pm »
I do think Heath has a chameleon quality and can change his looks depending on the role. Of course, makeup, hair and costume are all part of that but I also think there is something that he does, too, to contribute this. Contrast that to Jakey G. who in my opinion, looks exactly the same in every role I have seen him in.

As much as I like Jake, I have to agree with this. Jake does look the same in every role. Same thing happens with Julia Roberts. She looks like Julia Roberts in every movie! Unlike Nicole Kidman, for example, who has chamaleonic qualities just like Heath.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.