Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768172 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1740 on: April 02, 2007, 11:08:23 am »
What's the most different is his (JGL's) smile.  It totally changes his face and makes him look utterly unlike Heath.  Not a bad smile, but it just doesn't open his face up like a flower like Heath's does.  There's something that's still sort of guarded about it compared to Heath's, somehow.

And I agree - sometimes JGL resembled Keanu Reeves to me in "The Lookout" and sometimes he resembled Heath.
No more beans!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1741 on: April 02, 2007, 12:17:10 pm »
I think in this pic JGL looks more like Keanu Reeves than like Heath:

Keanu Reeves together with River:

Hey Barb, fine new avatar you have there  :D. But I hope you're a Newman girl, otherwise you have to queue up behind me and Leslie. We're already sharing Robert Redford fairly. Until now, he got Sundays off. So the best we could offer you is to send Robert to you on Sundays  ;D ;)

And after all these other guys, I seriously need some Heath gorgeousness  ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1742 on: April 02, 2007, 12:20:18 pm »

Hey Barb, fine new avatar you have there  :D. But I hope you're a Newman girl, otherwise you have to queue up behind me and Leslie. We're already sharing Robert Redford fairly. Until now, he got Sundays off. So the best we could offer you is to send Robert to you on Sundays  ;D ;)

and you have to promise not to wear him out because that is why we gave him Sunday to recover!

Here's an oldie but goodie from the archives...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1743 on: April 02, 2007, 12:20:46 pm »
<--- Definitely a Newman girl (and a fan, in general, of blue eyes one can see from across a room).

Nothing against you Redford girls (and boys) - just not my type, again, because his coloring is the same as mine.  Me, I like a good contrast.  :)

DAMN.

;D
No more beans!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1744 on: April 02, 2007, 12:24:02 pm »
Sigh.  I wish that mustached guy would get out of the way of the real hottie in this photo:

;)

No more beans!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1745 on: April 02, 2007, 12:40:39 pm »
<--- Definitely a Newman girl (and a fan, in general, of blue eyes one can see from across a room).

Phew, Leslie and I are truly relieved  ;D. And Robert will be glad to hear he can keep his Sunday off to recover  :laugh:.

Sigh.  I wish that mustached guy would get out of the way of the real hottie in this photo:

pfff, *snorts*  ;)
All the more Robert for us

But girls, this is the Heath, Heath, Heath thread:

Leslie, did the mag make it home safe and sound? I just remembered that I wanted Jens to insert the loose page again before you went home. Totally forgot this, sorry. Hope you managed yourself. *mumbling under my breath* dumbass copy-shop clerk (maybe dumbass, but such a nice guy).

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1746 on: April 02, 2007, 12:42:47 pm »

Leslie, did the mag make it home safe and sound? I just remembered that I wanted Jens to insert the loose page again before you went home. Totally forgot this, sorry. Hope you managed yourself. *mumbling under my breath* dumbass copy-shop clerk (maybe dumbass, but such a nice guy).

It did Chrissi. It is here in my reliquary, right by my side at the office. Along with my precious copy of TWEE COWBOYS (BBM in Dutch), signed by the EuroBrokies and Jack and Ennis! Yee haw!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1747 on: April 02, 2007, 12:51:41 pm »
It did Chrissi. It is here in my reliquary, right by my side at the office. Along with my precious copy of TWEE COWBOYS (BBM in Dutch), signed by the EuroBrokies and Jack and Ennis! Yee haw!

You have to be making a joke, right?  "Twee Cowboys" would be too fabulous for words.  :laugh:
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1748 on: April 02, 2007, 12:57:34 pm »
You have to be making a joke, right?  "Twee Cowboys" would be too fabulous for words.  :laugh:

Now you know why I prefer to read the short story in english...

I don't know what that translator was thinking.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1749 on: April 02, 2007, 01:00:02 pm »

Oh, Meryl, I don't joke about sacred items in the reliquary! TWEE COWBOYS (Two Cowboys) is the title of Brokeback Mountain in Dutch. Fabienne gave me a copy, and I gave her (and Chrissi, too) very nice, hardback copies in a Penguin edition. I found it at Borders and had never seen this particular version before.

L