Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768374 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1960 on: April 24, 2007, 04:25:07 am »
It does not look like Heath to me, but to be fair they did not say it was Heath only that it was a family photo. This gentleman could be another member of the immediate family. Now I do think he looks a little like Heath, certainly enough to be related.

The only one who looks like Heath in the picture is Mathilda! That man doesn't look like Heath at all.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1961 on: April 24, 2007, 06:20:29 am »
Supposedly that make up photo is a fake, photoshopped by some kid with time on his hands. Look carefully at the middle picture (the one with the colored boxes) and count the number of fingers on his hand. LOL...yes, I think it's fake!

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11556815&postcount=3864

This from CinemaBlend:

Last week the first fuzzy pictures of Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight leaked out onto the web. But really, it was impossible to see anything in them. They looked like someone smeared Vaseline on their camera lens before taking them.

Luckily, the guys over at AICN have scored the first clear picture of Ledger in full Joker costume. They’re pretty sure the picture is real, and it does fit with some of the scooper descriptions of his getup we’ve seen from other sites. I’m not sure how I feel about the drowned rat look, but a toned down (and possibly boring) version of the character is probably what we all should have expected from Christopher Nolan. I wonder if he’ll even laugh? Ah well.

I’ve posted a small version of the image to the right, but make sure you click over to AICN here to see a full size version in which Ledger appears to be holding a rubik's cube.

UPDATE! As everyone except the site that originally posted the pics suspected, the Ledger as Joker pics have turned out to be fake. A fanboy with too much time on his hands and a bedroom in his parents' basement has taken responsibility for them over at Superherohype, and admitted to making the whole thing up. Thank AICN for helping him get his jollies.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Clear-Pic-Of-Ledger-As-Joker-UPDATED-5003.html
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 06:37:00 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1962 on: April 25, 2007, 10:53:39 am »
Superherohype has pictures from the filming yesterday, but no pictures of the fire.

Where's Mr. Freeze when you need him? Filming on the next installment in the Batman franchise, "The Dark Knight," was halted temporarily while firefighters attended a blaze in a building being used for filming. The 14-story building, formerly a post office, is set-dressed as the Gotham National Bank--presumably the Joker (Heath Ledger, this time around) is planning some kind of heist.

The conflagration seems to have started in the ventilation system (combustible dust, one imagines) and was not apparently connected to the production. Nobody was hurt, and the fire engines left after about two hours. Filming will pick up again tomorrow.

"The Dark Knight" is a follow-up to "Batman Begins" (2005). Christopher Nolan is again directing, and Christian Bale is again donning the bat suit. Despite the title similarities, this film is not based on the popular Frank Miller graphic novel of the same name. But it's fun to think it might be.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1963 on: April 25, 2007, 03:53:30 pm »
Since there is so much speculation on Heath as the Joker, I thought I'd remind people of these pictures, from last summer, when he was cast in the role.

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1964 on: April 26, 2007, 07:11:55 am »
I never thought I'd spend time at a site with a name like superherohype.com, but Heath is in a Batman movie, so what's a Heathen to do?

Pictures from the fire, with a report, can be found here:

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=5563

There are also pictures of Gotham City police cars.

No more Heath sightings, though.

L

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1965 on: April 26, 2007, 08:56:59 am »
Thanks Leslie.  Exactly, what's a Heathen to do?

(That video of the fire was 9/11 PTSD-triggery, with the sirens, ash, and tiny-looking fire trucks next to a monolithic building.) 

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1966 on: April 27, 2007, 11:53:45 pm »
I am so excited for this movie-not usual for. I want to show all the naysayers what a talent this man has.

Brokeback is on right now-I watched the first part and now can't wait to see the scenery up close and personal. Also bought Candy and I'm gearing up to watch it next week when it arrives.

In Heatheness,

O0

Heathen

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1967 on: April 30, 2007, 09:21:29 pm »
over on superherohype board someone posted a Chicago casting call for non speaking extras for TDK
Starting May 5th I guess.

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271492

Also someone on DC posted this and I thought it was too cute not to share.

Some silliness to start your week:

"THERE'S method acting, and then there's madness. Heath Ledger is getting into the mindset for his role as The Joker in the next Batman movie, The Dark Knight, by wearing Batman boxer shorts under his costume.

They were given to him as a joke by fiancee Michelle Williams, but a Hollywood source said: "They've got Batman logos all over them and were meant as a bit of a joke, but Heath's wearing them as a lucky charm ...but he's promised to get them washed as often as he can."

We're just glad he's not playing The Riddler. "

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_headline=off-the-record--&method=full&objectid=18987156&siteid=
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 09:32:13 pm by ranchgal »

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #1968 on: April 30, 2007, 09:30:14 pm »
"We're just glad he's not playing The Riddler."

This probably sounds stupid, but I don't get it.  Is "riddling" a UK term for something?   [slinks off]

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1969 on: April 30, 2007, 09:35:01 pm »
IT has nothing to do with the UK, it is Batman superhero fan language,   basically they are talking about the Riddler's costume in the earlier Batman flims/tv etc,  the Riddler was another anti Batman villian who wore a sort of green onepiece leotard with ???? all over it, sort of like the trapeze artists do, and some dancers, and it was SKIN tight on most of him!!  where as Joker wore regular suits of a type.   The boxer shorts would be More than obivious beneath the Riddler's costume, which is why they are glad that is NOT the villian Heath is playing.  It is   Mostly for Batfans cause they will all know the Riddler and what he usually looks like.    Don't worry cause there are a lot of Heath fans who are only now being introduced to "Batfan" lingo. LOL :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:12:35 pm by ranchgal »