Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768222 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2010 on: May 22, 2007, 01:29:21 pm »
But with Heath and Christopher Nolan as director, I think it can't be too bad.

Throw in Christian Bale, and I can guarantee you right now I'm going to make it through the whole thing!  ;)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2011 on: May 22, 2007, 05:08:21 pm »
Throw in Christian Bale, and I can guarantee you right now I'm going to make it through the whole thing!  ;)

Wow, he's really matured into a man since I saw him in Little Women and Topanga Canyon (Is that what it was called - with Frances McDormand as his hippy mom?).

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2012 on: May 22, 2007, 05:47:25 pm »
Wow, he's really matured into a man since I saw him in Little Women and Topanga Canyon (Is that what it was called - with Frances McDormand as his hippy mom?).

Yeah, let alone since he was in Empire of the Sun at 12. Geez, I hate lusting for movie stars who I can remember as child actors in movies that I saw as an adult ...  :-\ Oh well, what can you do?! Actually, he's five years older than Heath!

It was Laurel Canyon. But I found him sufficiently mature in that one. (Guess he would have been Heath's age!)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2013 on: May 22, 2007, 06:01:20 pm »
Laurel Canyon, right.  I knew there was something off about Topanga, but was too lazy to look on IMDb.  :)

I'd like to see Empire of the Sun again.  Good music.  Met that song "Suo Gan" in that movie, one of my favorite lullabies.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2014 on: May 25, 2007, 11:05:44 am »
More Dark Knight news....

This post was written by Laura Smith on 24 May, 2007 (07:04) | All News, Entertainment, Celebrity News, Movie News, US News

The sequel to Christopher Nolan’s 2005 film, Batman Begins won’t be out until next July, but internet buzz has already been circulating for months. Once it was declared that Heath Ledger would be cast as The Joker in the next film titled The Dark Knight, fans began to voice their approval or distain for the decision. Overall, however, Ledger has been generally well received by internet bloggers, and with the first photos beginning to circulate, some of which have been considered fakes, people are getting even more curious about this new movie, including myself.

First there was the rumor that Ledger’s Brokeback Mountain co-star Jake Gyllenhall was being cast as Harvey Dent. That myth has since been busted with the Internet Movie Database declaring Aaron Eckhart as the schizophrenic District Attorney who eventually becomes the coin-flipping Two-Face. That particular story arc is said to not occur until the next Batman film. That’s right, Nolan is signed on for three. With all of this talk of villains, however, there is really no news about the real star of the film, Batman, causing one to wonder whether or not the villains will overtake the screen time as they did in the previous Batman films. This is not to say that the dominating presence of the villains ruined the previous films, but I for one am already a bit disgruntled about the return of two villains that we have already seen on screen. Nolan defends this by saying that his films are totally unrelated to Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher’s visions, but at the same time, this does not erase the fact that audiences have seen these villains in action before, no matter how different they are from the previous characters.

I am willing to slide with the reusing of the Joker as he is Batman’s greatest foe and interesting enough to reuse, especially if Nolan plans to go darker with the new version, which he says he does. My only suggestion would be to write in Harley Quinn as Joker’s ditsy sidekick, a character who was a hit on the after school hit, Batman: The Animated Series. The dysfunctional relationship these two engaged in on the series would be a good way to lighten up the heaviness of Nolan’s style for the kids without getting to overwhelming colorful Schumacher phase. Also, while I think the portrayal of Two-Face in Batman Forever could have been more true to the original characterization as well, that ship is sailed.

I just hope that Ledger and Eckhart will surprise me without freaking me out by going too dark or too low-key. Ledger, especially, has big shoes to fill after Nicholson’ performance in 1989’s Batman, but because Ledger has the Joker’s physique and with his recent film roles appears to be willing to tackle complex characters, I think he has a chance. But until the first teaser trailer emerges and we can see for ourselves, we can do nothing more but remain optimistic and hope that the Joker is the only one laughing once the movie comes out.

http://www.bloggernews.net/17074

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2015 on: May 30, 2007, 10:47:54 am »
More Dark Knight news...this is from Cinematical

The Joker is a larger than life character -- and he's about to get even bigger. The Dark Knight will be the first feature film partly shot in the 70mm IMAX format. Christopher Nolan is shooting four action sequences on IMAX, including the introduction of Heath Ledger as The Joker. "You can't do this on any home theater," Nolan says. "Batman has some of the most extraordinary characters in pop culture. We wanted the Joker to have the grandest entrance possible." And this won't be like when you go see Kickin' It Old Skool: The IMAX Experience, and it's just a larger, more stretched out image. These scenes are actually being shot on IMAX film. "There's simply nothing like seeing a movie that way," Nolan tells USA Today. "It's more immersive for the audience. I wish I could shoot the entire thing this way."

So why can't he? Well, for starters, there are only 280 IMAX theaters operating worldwide, and less than 100 show feature films. In addition, IMAX film is 10 times the size of standard, it's much more expensive, and it has to be shot using large, cumbersome cameras. Oh, and "they're loud," says Nolan. "We had to figure a way to eliminate sound so we could shoot dialogue." If you can't get to an IMAX theater, you'll still experience a hike in picture quality. In traditional movie houses, the scenes will appear more vivid, as though they were shot in hi-definition.

Below you'll find two official, newly released shots from The Dark Knight. The first is an IMAX shot of what appears to be a bank robbery gone awry. And the second shot is the first fully confirmed photo of The Joker in full hair and makeup. Pretty cool, huh? What do you think of the look?

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2016 on: May 30, 2007, 10:52:01 am »
More on IMAX and the Dark Knight

Official Dark Knight IMAX Press Release
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
May 29, 2007

Warner Bros. Pictures has released the official announcement about the scenes to be filmed in IMAX format for The Dark Knight:

In an unprecedented move, director Christopher Nolan is filming four sequences in the next installment of Warner Bros. Pictures' Batman franchise, "The Dark Knight," with extremely high resolution IMAX® cameras using the giant 15/70 film format. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures. While it is not unique for a feature lensed on traditional 35mm film to be re-mastered to screen in IMAX® theatres, this marks the first time ever that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras, marking a revolutionary integration of the two film formats.

The marriage of footage filmed with IMAX and 35mm cameras in the final feature will have a major impact on the audience's viewing experience, whether seeing "The Dark Knight" in an IMAX or traditional theatre. When the scenes shot on IMAX cameras are shown in IMAX theatres, the aspect ratio will morph to 1.43 to 1, expanding the image to fill the entire screen and magnifying the overall effect, both literally and figuratively.

In making the announcement, Jeff Robinov stated, "Warner Bros. has always been committed to advancing the art of filmmaking. The use of IMAX cameras to film select scenes in an action feature is a great step forward in big-screen entertainment, especially in the talented hands of Christopher Nolan. We can't wait to see the results, and we think audiences will share our excitement when the movie opens on July 18, 2008."

The first of the scenes, including a prologue that introduces Batman's arch-nemesis The Joker, was shot in April, several weeks in advance of the actual start of principal photography. Additional selected scenes are being filmed with IMAX cameras during the course of production on "The Dark Knight."

Director Christopher Nolan added, "In continuing the story of such a great icon I'm thrilled to be able to expand the scope of the film, not just in terms of its story, but in giving Batman and The Joker the largest possible canvas on which to face off. No existing technology compares with the IMAX format in terms of its ability to throw the audience into the action, and we're very proud and excited to use this technology in a way that no one has before."

Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. President of Domestic Distribution, offered, "Chris has been a huge fan of IMAX technology for a long time. It will be a groundbreaking event to see him incorporate the use of IMAX cameras into the 35mm presentation of 'The Dark Knight' when it opens nationwide on July 18, 2008, day-and-date with IMAX theatres."

"Mr. Nolan's enthusiasm towards IMAX, combined with the success of 'Batman Begins' in IMAX theatres underscores the significant impact that The IMAX Experience® has on audiences and the role IMAX can play in providing filmmakers with innovative ways to deliver movies," said IMAX Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler. "We are very excited to continue breaking new ground with Warner Bros. Pictures, and we look forward to sharing Mr. Nolan's new picture with our customers and their patrons next summer."

Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment, added, "Chris shares our vision that the moviegoing experience should transport audiences into the action. His innovative use of IMAX cameras to film scenes in 'The Dark Knight' will allow our crystal clear images, 14 thousand watts of digital surround sound, and screens up to eight-stories tall to give Batman fans the most immersive cinematic experience in the world. It is entertainment in a big, big way."

This is not the first time that Warner Bros. Pictures has set a new standard in its association with IMAX. Christopher Nolan's 2005 blockbuster "Batman Begins" was the first action feature to play on IMAX screens in museums as well as multiplexes, after being digitally remastered for the IMAX Experience with proprietary IMAX DMR® technology.

In 2006, "Superman Returns" became the world's first live-action feature to have selected segments converted from 2D into IMAX® 3D. Most recently, the mega-hit "300" obliterated all previous attendance records at IMAX theatres in its record-breaking opening weekend in March.

The follow-up to the action hit "Batman Begins," "The Dark Knight" reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne. In the new film, Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker.

The film also stars Academy Award winner Michael Caine ("The Cider House Rules") as Alfred; Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger ("Brokeback Mountain") as arch-villain The Joker; Gary Oldman as Lieutenant Jim Gordon; Aaron Eckhart as District Attorney Harvey Dent, who becomes better known as another of Batman's arch-nemeses, Two-Face; Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes; and Oscar winner Morgan Freeman ("Million Dollar Baby") as Lucius Fox.

"The Dark Knight" is being produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan, with Kevin De La Noy, Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan serving as executive producers. Nolan is directing the film from a screenplay written by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David Goyer. "The Dark Knight" is based upon Batman characters created by Bob Kane and published by DC Comics.

"The Dark Knight" will be presented by Warner Bros. Pictures in association with Legendary Pictures. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures.

IMAX Corporation is one of the world's leading entertainment technology companies, specializing in digital and film-based motion picture technologies. The worldwide IMAX network is among the most important and successful theatrical distribution platforms for major event Hollywood films around the globe, with IMAX theatres delivering the world's best cinematic presentations using proprietary IMAX, IMAX 3D, and IMAX DMR technology. IMAX DMR is the Company's groundbreaking digital remastering technology that allows it to transform digitally virtually any conventional motion picture into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience. IMAX's renowned projectors display crystal-clear images on the world's biggest screens, and the IMAX brand is recognized throughout the world for extraordinary and immersive entertainment experiences for consumers. As of September 30, 2006, there were 280 IMAX theatres operating in 40 countries. IMAX®, IMAX® 3D, IMAX DMR®, IMAX MPX® and The IMAX Experience® are trademarks of IMAX Corporation. More information on the Company can be found at www.imax.com.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2017 on: June 01, 2007, 08:20:43 am »
http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/81/4381/gal2780/index_hi.php

This site has hi-res pictures of the Joker (the two pictures I posted earlier this week). Sort of cool to see Heath in costume and the director behind the camera. Enjoy!

L

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2018 on: June 01, 2007, 09:28:13 am »
http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/81/4381/gal2780/index_hi.php

This site has hi-res pictures of the Joker (the two pictures I posted earlier this week). Sort of cool to see Heath in costume and the director behind the camera. Enjoy!

L

I was watching 'A Knight's Tale' the other day and i kept thinking 'is this the guy who played Ennis?'  ??? I have the same feeling seeing these pictures, he looks creepy, well, he's supposed to look like that of course. LOL

On the other hand, i'm glad he looks so different in his other roles. It makes Ennis a 'real' person, and not just a character in a movie. Creepy or not, he's a great actor.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #2019 on: June 02, 2007, 05:30:36 pm »
First poster for "I'm Not There" (the Dylan biopic Heath is in):

Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.