Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770272 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3170 on: December 03, 2007, 10:52:45 pm »
You guys are hilarious. ;D ;D ;D I'm still on the one about "warshing" Heath. Did anybody take Monday? :-\ And Leslie, may I borrow the seafoam towel- it matches my bathroom when I get Heath in it. :D

I hope Matilda doesn't see her dad as the Joker. That would scare the life out of that "Little Heath baby." :(

Is it too late for me to take Sundays or Mondays?  I'm done sulking now...

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3171 on: December 03, 2007, 11:11:17 pm »
Don't sulk- I believe that Sunday just may be open. :)

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3172 on: December 04, 2007, 03:27:48 am »
By the time you lot are through with the full bathing week, he'll completely resemble a shrunken lil' prune!  ;) I volunteer to help with the de-shrinkage.  :P To say no more.

If Matilda saw the Joker she wouldn't recognize him, I should think. Or if she did, perhaps she'll just come to believe that that's how the unique clan Ledger Santa looks like! After all she's used to a daddy who dresses.... ahem....imaginatively. Why wouldn't Santa do the same? (All he maybe lacks, is elf-like red-and-white striped socks. No... wait. He's got that down too.)   ::) ;D

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3173 on: December 04, 2007, 05:56:50 am »
Yet more from Michael Caine:

Also, Michael Caine, who plays the role of Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne’s butler and confidante, has once again opened up about Heath Ledger’s performance as the Joker. In the wake of Jack Nicholson’s tantrum at not being asked to reprise the role, or give his advice, the comments seem placating; as if someone asked Caine to smooth over some ruffled feathers.

Speaking to Empire: "Now, we have had Jack Nicholson, who is one of the greatest Jokers and one of the greatest characters in this kind of movie. I have worked with Jack and I know him really well. You do not really want to follow Jack into anything. Unless it's a nightclub...Heath Ledger stunned me.

"Jack played The Joker as sort of a benign nasty clown - like a wicked uncle. Heath plays him like an absolutely maniacal murderous psychopath. You have never seen anything like it in your life. He is very, very scary. I turn up every month or so and do a couple of bits then go back to London.

“I had to do this bit where Batman and I watch a video which The Joker sends to threaten us. So I'd never seen him, and then he came on the television in the first rehearsal and I completely forgot my lines. I flipped, because it was so stunning, it was quite amazing. Wait until you see it, it's incredible."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a80845/caine-ledgers-joker-is-stunning.html

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3174 on: December 04, 2007, 11:32:04 am »
Well, I'm guessing they won't let Matilda see much of her daddy as Joker.

One time when my sons were about 2 and 3, we were in Target around Halloween, and I tried on a witch mask. My younger son burst into tears and begged me to take it off. So there I was, the same person from the neck down, wearing my same clothes, same hair, standing in an aisle filled with obviously artificial masks, and STILL he was terrified.

So I can only imagine how Matilda would react to a Joker so scary he made Michael Caine forget his lines!

:o :o :o

Jack Nicholson is being a little silly, IMO. What next -- a complaint from Cesar Romero (TV's Joker) that Jack Nicholson stole HIS role??

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3175 on: December 04, 2007, 05:47:58 pm »
Please, please, please...let this be a false rumor! Please!

Wednesday, 05 December

Late-night nookie for Lohan, Ledger

Lindsay Lohan is dating Heath Ledger, it has been reported.

The Mean Girls star - who split from her snowboarder boyfriend Riley Giles last week - is said to have enjoyed a number of late-night sessions with the Australian actor after meeting him at New York's Beatrice Inn over Thanksgiving weekend.

A source told Australia's New Weekly magazine: "Lindsay and Heath hit it off straight away. When she left the club she started texting him straight away and they hooked up a few times while she was still in New York.

"It was purely physical."

Lindsay travelled to New York with Riley - who she met at Utah's Sundance rehab clinic in August - but the pair were seen out partying separately during their stay in the same city.

The 21-year-old actress had reportedly grown tired of Riley's jealousy and dumped him shortly after they returned to Los Angeles on November 25 following their Thanksgiving break.

Heath, 28, split from his girlfriend Michelle Williams - with who he has a two-year-old daughter, Matilda - in September.

Since then Heath has been linked to former supermodel Helena Christensen and has constantly been spotted on the New York party circuit flirting and "making out" with a string of women.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3176 on: December 04, 2007, 05:57:23 pm »
 :o :( :o :( :o :( :o :( :o :( :o :( :o :( :o :( :o

Where's that from, Leslie?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3177 on: December 04, 2007, 06:02:35 pm »

That was from a New Zealand newspaper but I also saw it in an Australian newspaper and on dlisted.com. All gossip-y sources which is why I hope it is just that...gossip. I found it by going to Google news and googling "Heath Ledger."

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #3178 on: December 04, 2007, 07:02:30 pm »

It's been on the ONTD gossip site too (where I happened to see it) - but I suppose they were quoting some other gossip source in their turn. Can't really take it seriously. Not long ago the same type of site was pairing Jake G. with Jessica Simpson. These blonde bimbos at least get the gossip going.  ::)

Crayons, I wasn't thinking Matilda would get to see the Joker in action - ie. see snippets of the film. God, I hope not! But she might come across an image or ten - they are many places in the public room already, and that will only increase towards the premiere.

I am perhaps the only one, but the more his co-stars tout how fantastical Heath's Joker is, the more I get the feeling they are following studio instruction in going on and on about it. Not that they don't mean it, exactly -I'm sure they do -  but the studio has every interest in managing the anticipation building and fuelling the hype around the big bad of the film. So even if he didn't do that well, or if the role was good but not any kind of acting landmark, they'd see too it that similar stories hit the press, fast and furious, to go with these carefully released images. I *know* what Heath is capable of, and I don't doubt he'll be awe-inspiringly chillingly fantastic - but let's see the film first, and THEN we can go crazy over the Joker. (Perhaps it's just that I'm very ambivalent about him excelling as a murdering, lunatic psychopat. Not my favourite type of movie character any day of the week... the more convincing and cool he is, the more ambivalent I'll probably be.)

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #3179 on: December 04, 2007, 07:29:28 pm »
A pro pos the whole Joker thing, this link supposedly leads to the *real* poster for The Dark Knight. (Someone wanna post it directly visible here?):

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/18103872.html