Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770314 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3190 on: December 05, 2007, 01:18:34 am »
That whole Lindsay thing better be a lie cuz if it's true I might have to turn in my sponge.  I am not feelin' Heath as 'ho   :'(

Yeah . . . Ewwww.   I need a bath just after reading that about him and Lohan . . . Say it ain't so, Heath!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3191 on: December 05, 2007, 02:11:44 am »

That Cole girl looks like a vampires victim.  After the encounter. 

Beautiful mind

mvansand76

« Reply #3192 on: December 05, 2007, 12:18:57 pm »
Damn persistent gossip...

::)

from imdb.com:

Lohan and Ledger Dating?

Lindsay Lohan ditched snowboarder lover Riley Giles after hooking up with single Oscar-nominated Brokeback Mountain star Heath Ledger, according to reports. The Georgia Rule actress split with Giles - who she met in rehab - last week, supposedly so the actress could concentrate on her career. But Australian magazine NW claims she dumped Giles after meeting Ledger in a New York club over Thanksgiving. The magazine reports, "Lindsay and Heath hit it off straight away. When she left the club she started texting him straight away and they hooked up a few times while she was still in New York. They were meeting late at night for sex. It was purely physical." Ledger has been single since splitting from fiancee Michelle Williams in September.

Ugh. Are our boys confused, or what?

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #3193 on: December 05, 2007, 12:50:22 pm »
"They were meeting late at night for sex. It was purely physical."

Now how could anyone know that?  How many folks would Lindsay or Heath say that to?

Oh well . . .  :-\   Imagine how Michelle must feel.  (So soon after breaking up and having to hear that shit about your child's father, who I imagine she still has to see every once in a while when exchanging Matilda.  Ick.)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3194 on: December 05, 2007, 05:58:05 pm »
There's a poll at the Entertainmentwise Website asking if Lindsay Lohan and Heath Ledger make a good couple:

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/39125/lindsay-and-heath-hollywoods-latest-hook-up?

I just voted and it was 93% NO and 7% YES

So it would seem most folks out there agree with us!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3195 on: December 05, 2007, 06:12:21 pm »
Re: Lily Cole:

Yes, like the love child of Christina Ricci and Chucky, lol!  Anyway, she'll be Heath's co-star in the Gilliam film which is what is feeding the rumours.

Well, Lily Cole is where I draw the line! Lindsay L. may not be much to cheer for, but at least I can see why a guy in the right mood might think it somehow worthwhile getting it on with her. ::)
But Lily Cole looks like an animated corpse (well, hardly animated), and she's so skinny that I don't know how she manages to stand on those sticks she uses for legs. She looks like a painted concentration camp survivor, a girl in the last stages of anorexia, or a doped-down barbie doll.   I hate it that unhealthy-looking "women" like her become big-time role models and icons within the fashion and film industry.  Heath get serious with her, and I'm outta here. I don't care whether she's smart or fun or interesting, she's obviously not using any of that right, far as I am concerned.  :(

[/horrified rant]

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3196 on: December 07, 2007, 08:50:16 am »
from the Hollywood Reporter:

Imax day for 'Knight'
Six-minute preview bows Dec. 14
By Carolyn Giardina

Dec 7, 2007

The bat signal will appear next week, eight stories high -- on Imax screens.

The first six minutes of Warner Bros.' "The Dark Knight," a prologue that introduces Heath Ledger as the Joker, will appear as a preview in Imax theaters before the studio's "I Am Legend," which opens Dec. 14.

"Dark Knight," the next film in the successful Batman franchise, was lensed in part using Imax cameras, a Hollywood first and a creative decision made by director Christopher Nolan, who also helmed 2005's "Batman Begins."

The prologue is one of the scenes photographed in the 70mm Imax format. The rest of the film was lensed in 35mm and will be remastered to the Imax format for release in Imax theaters. In those theaters, the 70mm-lensed sequences will fill the screen and the 35mm-lensed scenes will appear letterboxed. (In traditional theaters, the aspect ratio will remain the same, though some expect that audiences might see a shift in image quality.)

"It's different, the experience you will get watching the film this way," Nolan said of Imax. "It will look great in 35mm as well, but (the Imax preview) might encourage people to go out of their way to see it this way. ... I wanted to make the sequel bigger, and using literally a bigger canvas for the story seemed a great way to put the characters together."

In the six-minute sequence, a team of robbers -- all wearing clown masks -- enters a bank for a planned heist, but things take an unexpected turn. The imagery demonstrates the depth and clarity offered by the format, but perhaps no image is more chilling than the first look at Ledger's Joker.

Nolan described the moment the close-up comes to the screen.

"Seeing this extraordinary face, eight stories high ... you can smell his breath," he said. "He's a very overwhelming personality, and there's incredible texture to his appearance. It's a creepy moment, as it should be."

Commenting on action shots, he said: "When you are racing and jumping ... those are the points when you realize how overpowering the imagery can be. That really takes me back to being a kid and watching films that seemed much larger than life."

Nolan credited director of photography Wally Pfister and his team for their research to enable the cinematography. "We put an enormous amount of work into how to move these cameras," he said. "It's very heavy, it's very cumbersome ... but in the end we felt very free to use the camera."

Nolan said the production even used the camera with a Steadicam. "We also managed to break a Steadicam," he added.

Continued Nolan: "The lenses are very wide. It pushes you to a style of filmmaking that is a little more formal. You tend to move the camera in a much more specific way. You can move things through the frame because you have such a crystal-clear image and you are dealing with such a wide field of vision.

"It's simply the best acquisition format there is," the helmer said. "I love film, and one of the reasons I was very keen to do what I am doing is this is a time when a lot of new technology is being thrown at us. ... Film is an incredible medium, and I think it would be a shame to give up on it and accept new technology without realizing the limitations."

"Dark Knight" was lensed in Chicago and the U.K. Production recently wrapped, and post is under way. The film is slated to open July 18.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3idf612c96b4705db46dad5b1ae5e81eae
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3197 on: December 07, 2007, 08:55:31 am »
A blogger named Nancy Miller has actually seen the IMAX prologue and has these comments. The bolding is mine, for emphasis.

Caught the 6-minute Dark Knight Prologue screening at the Bridge Cinema's IMAX hosted by Christopher Nolan last night in LA. The director introduced the clip to the 50-some odd journos and studio execs present by extolling the virtues of shooting in 2-D 70 mm, noting that his follow-up to 2005's Batman Begins will be the first feature ever (I need to look into this more but, according to Nolan) with several scenes shot in this 2D Imax format. (I spoke with the director afterwards who said he's been wanting to play around with this 30-year old camera system for years and started testing out on his wife and kids in their garden before shooting Dark Knight.)

Yeah, well, even if you're not an IMAX geek, the results are just...fantastic. I won't spoil anything because the Prologue will run as a trailer before I Am Legend on December 14th (definitely a case where the amuse bouche will blow away the main course) but seeing a flick shot for Imax vs. a digital transfer is impressive; the picture was warm and crisp. The Prologue kicks off with clown masks and gun blasts as a bank heist in Gotham turns into a brutal, bloody melée (with a quailty cameo from Prison Break's William Fichtner as a shotgun-toting branch manager). It also gives us a peek at Heath Ledger's Joker, a chartreuse-haired, stone-faced bad-ass who's not playing some lame Nicholson knock-off for laughs. Just ONE problem...

I'm in the odd position of finding the Joker, shall we say, SMOKING HOT. Batman--well, Christian Bale's Batman, not Mr. Mom's Batman (or even Clooney's B-Dude)—is supposed to be shit-hot. I mean, he's a billionaire reformed bad boy in skin tight leather, a cool car and Michael Caine as his butler, you know? But the Joker is supposed to be scary, goofy, creepy—a hambone villain with old lady lipstick and laughing gas. Not some husky-voiced ex-cowboy who looks like an unsettlingly attractive cross between Marlon Brando and Robert Smith.

I mean, c'mon. What next—Gael Garcia Bernal as Penguin?!! Maybe there's something wrong with me. Oh well, to quote the new Joker himself: Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stranger. Sigh.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2007/12/the-dark-knight.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3198 on: December 07, 2007, 09:01:36 am »
Another blog, this one from Chris Farnsworth:

The Report:  Bat-geeks, I am your king. Oh, sure, I was once a mere, scrawny comics nerd like you, but that was before I got in to see the first six minutes of The Dark Knight, next summer's Bat-Sequel, tonight at the Bridge Cinema De Lux in Los Angeles.

In IMAX, no less, watching Heath Ledger's first scene as the Joker, while sitting close enough to touch director Christopher Nolan.

I didn't. Security, you know.

The segment will be released as a "stand-alone prologue" before IMAX showings of I Am Legend starting next week, Nolan said. But right now, at this moment, I am one of a handful who's actually seen it.

Spoilers ahead for those of you who can't wait a week, or the few hours it'll take for the grainy cell-phone video to pop up on YouTube. Here's what we saw:

The prologue shows a group of armed thugs in clown masks executing a well-planned bank heist...Then they start executing each other, each man thinking he's increasing the take for himself. But a wrinkle develops when the bank manager (Prison Break's William Fichtner, quietly stealing the scene as always) goes for a shotgun, rather than an alarm. The clowns discover they're ripping off a mob-owned bank.

Death and destruction ensue, and before the six minutes are up, we get a good, long look at Ledger's scarred, pasty white face. And he's not laughing, or using toys like joy buzzers or acid-squirting flowers.

The segment was one of several in the film shot entirely on IMAX cameras. "This is a perfect way to show people what Heath is going to do with the character," Nolan said.

Nolan chose to introduce the Joker in broad daylight "because Batman owns the night," he said at a Q&A after the preview. "Quite a bit takes place during the day, and in some ways, that makes it more threatening. One of the things I thought is interesting is you have a hero who can only come out at night, and the Joker is certainly going to take advantage of that."

Other images revealed in the trailer: the new Batsuit (which finally allows its wearer to turn his head), the Batcycle, the Joker spraying machine-gun bullets and what's got to be the money shot: Jim Gordon smashing the Bat-Signal with an ax.

If this extended tease is any indication, Batman might find himself nostalgic for the days when the Joker stuck with high-voltage joy buzzers.

http://www.eonline.com/movies/reelgirl/detail/index.jsp?uuid=84127047-c55a-4018-9ed4-4aaa4c577e62&sid=fd-hot5-txt

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3199 on: December 07, 2007, 09:07:27 am »
I am not going to post the whole thing here, but a comic geek has written a very detailed synopsis of the IMAX prologue. You can read it here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12535

L