Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768770 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3200 on: December 07, 2007, 09:18:57 am »
Oh my -- all these temptations!!! I HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE. Can't wait!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yb

« Reply #3201 on: December 07, 2007, 09:40:34 am »
I've been reading Batman fans' reactions to this prologue the whole day and I've not seen one who's not overwhelmed by Heath's Joker, here's a report from BOF's correspondent in LA:

After months upon months of waiting, we've finally got our first footage of Heath Ledger's terrifying interpretation of our favorite maniacal clown.

Rather than rundown the events of the footage, which you'll be able to see in IMAX very soon, I'm just going to give you what you're really interested in: details on Ledger’s performance as The Joker.

The first thing that strikes you is his imposing figure; this is a Joker built for one-on-one combat with Batman. A threatening figure, a physicality that frightens and intimidates. His voice is raspy, with a modulating pitch that seems to run from Hamill-esque highs to Nicholson's growly lows.

He moves like every part of his body could strike at any moment, a walking embodiment of the anarchy he creates. And when he takes off that mask, and flashes us a smile that makes you beg for more -- you just know this is going to be something special!

If I have a complaint with the footage shown, it's that Mr. J is behind a mask nearly the whole time. And even that doesn't seem to slow down this terrific, bizarre performance.

We get two good shots of his face, and the make-up is the same thing we've all seen in leaked shots and set footage. But blown up in IMAX format, those dark eyes get pretty damn scary. And that cut mouth looks mighty real. And I'm telling you, that smile is something really, really special.

What a tease. And according to Warner Bros. insiders at the junket, this is nothing compared to what's coming.

Get psyched, Bat-fans! - "The Jacksaur from LA"

http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_tdk-prologue-review_jacksaur_12-7-07.html

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3202 on: December 07, 2007, 10:27:06 am »
I am not going to post the whole thing here, but a comic geek has written a very detailed synopsis of the IMAX prologue. You can read it here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12535

L

OMG!  I'm really getting sucked into the hype!  I actually can't wait to see a Batman movie??  Who'd a thunk it?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3203 on: December 07, 2007, 10:29:46 am »
Thanks Leslie and yb for posting these tidbits.  :)

Mikaela, good news for us!  :D

TDK will open in Norway on July, 25th, 2008 and in Germany on July, 31st, 2008 (USA: July, 18th). So this time we won't have to wait months to finally see ourselves what our Brokie friends are talking about  :laugh:.
(Though it will be hard enough not to read the discussions going on here by then).

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3204 on: December 07, 2007, 10:32:58 am »
OMG!  I'm really getting sucked into the hype!  I actually can't wait to see a Batman movie??  Who'd a thunk it?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

You and me both! And Leslie, and maybe some more of us.
I've never ever seen any kind of superhero movie in my whole life, I swear. Bit of Superman or Spiderman on TV, but I found it always so dull I zapped to the next channel soon.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3205 on: December 07, 2007, 10:35:05 am »
Hey, this is the Heath Heath Heath thread and we haven't had a Heath pic for some pages now. I think it's time for one:

mvansand76

« Reply #3206 on: December 07, 2007, 12:54:30 pm »
Hey, this is the Heath Heath Heath thread and we haven't had a Heath pic for some pages now. I think it's time for one:

Aaaawwwww how cute!  :D :-*

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3207 on: December 07, 2007, 02:09:50 pm »
Wowsa!  Thanks for all the juicy reports, Leslie and yb!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3208 on: December 07, 2007, 02:15:51 pm »
So, I want to know....

Which person who regularly visits this thread lives near an IMAX theater and is going to go see I Am Legend in order to see The Dark Knight prologue?

For me, the nearest IMAX theater is in Boston so I doubt I will be going....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3209 on: December 07, 2007, 02:38:30 pm »
Well, there's a nice brand-new IMAX theater near my in-laws' house, and we'll be spending Christmas there, and my kids really want to see I Am Legend. So if it's happening there, I may see it.