Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770181 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3210 on: December 07, 2007, 02:44:35 pm »
Is "I Am Legend" supposed to be anywhere near interesting?  If so, I might consider it.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3211 on: December 07, 2007, 03:10:52 pm »
Well, Meryl, having some sense of your movie taste from the movie game, I am not sure "I Am Legend" is really your cup of tea!
Here's the synopsis from Warner Brothers:

Robert Neville is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable, and man-made. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City and maybe the world. For three years, Neville has faithfully sent out daily radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. But he is not alone. Mutant victims of the plague -- The Infected -- lurk in the shadows... watching Neville's every move... waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind's last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But he knows he is outnumbered... and quickly running out of time.

Will Smith plays Robert Neville.

I did dig up one review and basically, this guy says it's lousy:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=39899

One has to worry a little bit when the director, Francis Lawrence, counts among his directing credits a Britney Spears music video. It is based on a 1954 book which has been made twice into a movie: "The Last Man on Earth," with Vincent Price and "The Omega Man," with Charlton Heston.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3212 on: December 07, 2007, 04:07:39 pm »
So, I want to know....

Which person who regularly visits this thread lives near an IMAX theater and is going to go see I Am Legend in order to see The Dark Knight prologue?

For me, the nearest IMAX theater is in Boston so I doubt I will be going....

L

I might go, I've never been to an IMAX.  I do have fond memories of The Omega Man so I wouldn't mind seeing it updated.  I remember at the time I couldn't understand why the only movie Heston's Neville ever watched was Woodstock, surely he could have found any  number of other movies in such a big city.  I guess being alone for so long it must have been for the happy crowd scenes.

I also saw the first version with Vincent Price, which seemed more like a classic Zombie flick, and didn't think much of it.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3213 on: December 07, 2007, 04:23:57 pm »
I saw "Everest" on the IMAX screen at the Museum of Science in Boston, and that was pretty amazing. I can see how a giant version of the Joker might have the effect of blowing people away.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #3214 on: December 07, 2007, 04:35:01 pm »
I can see how a giant version of the Joker might have the effect of blowing people away.

L
A giant version Heath in any role would certainly blow me away, lol!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3215 on: December 07, 2007, 04:44:40 pm »
I saw "Everest" on the IMAX screen at the Museum of Science in Boston, and that was pretty amazing. I can see how a giant version of the Joker might have the effect of blowing people away.

L

Agreed. I was only once in an IMAX, although we have one nearby. I also found it amazing and was pretty impressed by it.
But they never show regular movies there. Only especially for IMAX made nature movies, like Everest or Dolphins and such. BTW: you just gave me an idea for a Christmas present for my girls; thanks  :D.

I also find the thought of a huuuuuughe Joker in IMAX a bit scary or at least impressive.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3216 on: December 07, 2007, 04:56:05 pm »
Mikaela, good news for us!  :D

TDK will open in Norway on July, 25th, 2008 and in Germany on July, 31st, 2008 (USA: July, 18th). So this time we won't have to wait months to finally see ourselves what our Brokie friends are talking about  :laugh:.

Yay! Thanks for that!

Yes, it is strange to be so eager to see this kind of movie. Especially when I throught "Batman Begins" was ever so ho-hum and the plot and villains there were one notch above watching paint dry. (Saw it on DVD some time ago).

But all this Batman Heath Hype is really, really getting to me!  O0

One of the things I'm looking a lot forward to is his Joker *voice*! **shivers at the mere imagined sound of it**

(....Just to let you all know how far out in the back of beyond I live: I've never been to an IMAX theatre. I hardly know what it is.  :-X  )

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3217 on: December 07, 2007, 05:29:15 pm »
One of the things I'm looking a lot forward to is his Joker *voice*! **shivers at the mere imagined sound of it**

Ooops  :(  What a downer. I hadn't thought of this until now. Those bloody Germans dub everything  >:(. I won't be able to hear the voice. *sigh*

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3218 on: December 07, 2007, 06:03:44 pm »
(....Just to let you all know how far out in the back of beyond I live: I've never been to an IMAX theatre. I hardly know what it is.  :-X  )

Uh oh, we'll have to remedy that.  Come to New York again!  ;D

Ooops  :(  What a downer. I hadn't thought of this until now. Those bloody Germans dub everything  >:(. I won't be able to hear the voice. *sigh*

Oh, that really is a bummer, Chrissi!  :(

I was relieved to read that someone who saw the preview said that Heath's voice had a range from high to low.  On one of those trailer clips he sounds really nasal, and I was wondering if I could take that for the whole movie.  :P

Well, Meryl, having some sense of your movie taste from the movie game, I am not sure "I Am Legend" is really your cup of tea!

Though I love a good sci-fi thriller, You're right, it sounds less than compelling.  :-\
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3219 on: December 07, 2007, 07:08:04 pm »
Uh oh, we'll have to remedy that.  Come to New York again!  ;D

My pleasure!  :D

Oh, that really is a bummer, Chrissi!  :( 

Yes, it's terrible! You need the VOICE!  Don't you have a few or even one cinema showing the original film? I seem to recall when some close relatives of mine lived in München for a while that they used to go to a movie theatre which didn't dub the films. Perhaps that one was the only available and specifically catered to foreigners living in the city, I don't know....