Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3769046 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3220 on: December 07, 2007, 08:07:01 pm »
I've seen a handful of IMAX movies in the science museum. I mean made-for-IMAX films, usually nature subjects like Everest and so on.

I've see just one regular movie shown on an IMAX screen: "Night at the Museum." It was terrible. First of all, the movie was terrible, so I would have hated it on any screen. But second, it was hard to watch on IMAX. My eyes kept jumping around the gigantic screen not sure where to land. Unlike a regular movie screen, where you can more or less take in all the action at once, the IMAX screen makes you pick and choose your visual focus, and it may or may not coincide with where the most action is onscreen.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3221 on: December 08, 2007, 03:09:47 am »
But second, it was hard to watch on IMAX. My eyes kept jumping around the gigantic screen not sure where to land. Unlike a regular movie screen, where you can more or less take in all the action at once, the IMAX screen makes you pick and choose your visual focus, and it may or may not coincide with where the most action is onscreen.

Ah, but with The Dark Knight, we won't have that, "Gee, where should I be looking now?" problem, will we?   ::)

Oh, wait, you will, because you love Heath AND Christian Bale.  Me, it'll be crystal clear where to look.

Seems a me that it might be worth going to this IMAX few minutes just for the preview, and not even watch the main movie.  (The Omega Man with Charlton Heston was one of the scariest movies I ever saw.)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3222 on: December 08, 2007, 11:46:43 am »

Ah, but with The Dark Knight, we won't have that, "Gee, where should I be looking now?" problem, will we?   ::)

Oh, wait, you will, because you love Heath AND Christian Bale.  Me, it'll be crystal clear where to look.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll have to see it twice! One all-Heath version, and one all-Christian version!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #3223 on: December 08, 2007, 02:31:41 pm »
Ooops  :(  What a downer. I hadn't thought of this until now. Those bloody Germans dub everything  >:(. I won't be able to hear the voice. *sigh*

Oh, you'll just have to come to belgium!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3224 on: December 08, 2007, 04:28:03 pm »
So, I want to know....

Which person who regularly visits this thread lives near an IMAX theater and is going to go see I Am Legend in order to see The Dark Knight prologue?

For me, the nearest IMAX theater is in Boston so I doubt I will be going....

L

I prolly will...

::)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3225 on: December 08, 2007, 04:53:59 pm »
Yes, it's terrible! You need the VOICE!  Don't you have a few or even one cinema showing the original film? I seem to recall when some close relatives of mine lived in München for a while that they used to go to a movie theatre which didn't dub the films. Perhaps that one was the only available and specifically catered to foreigners living in the city, I don't know....

We do have small arthouse cinemas which show original versions from time to time. But normally they show artsy movies and I doubt TDK will fall into this category.  :laugh:

But one of those new modern and huge cineplexes also shows original versions sometimes. I hope I'll be lucky for TDK. But I always go to the theatre with Kerstin and she has problems following a movie in English. Tricky situation either way.

Oh, you'll just have to come to belgium!  :)

Now that's an idea. We're going to have another EuroBokie meeting and we'll have it in Belgium and see TDK together!  :D
And there's still that great western shop in Bruxelles Jude told us about....

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3226 on: December 08, 2007, 05:02:41 pm »

But one of those new modern and huge cineplexes also shows original versions sometimes. I hope I'll be lucky for TDK. But I always go to the theatre with Kerstin and she has problems following a movie in English. Tricky situation either way.

But that would have subtitles, right? So Kerstin could hear the Joker's voice but still follow the story in words...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3227 on: December 08, 2007, 05:04:24 pm »
I prolly will...

::)

Hannah is trying to talk me into going to Boston next weekend to have total movie weekend..."I Am Legend" and "I'm Not There." A double bill.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3228 on: December 08, 2007, 05:29:19 pm »
Hannah is trying to talk me into going to Boston next weekend to have total movie weekend..."I Am Legend" and "I'm Not There." A double bill.

L

I'm with Hannah - GO TO BOSTON!

(I might try to see I'm Not There tomorrow afternoon, fwiw)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline libertyangel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • pour toujours...
« Reply #3229 on: December 08, 2007, 07:20:18 pm »